Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Early Can I Check Bags?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

How Early Can I Check Bags?

I am arriving in MCO on a Saturday night, going to a hotel. Sunday morning I am returning to MCO to get a rental car for the day, then catching a 7:30 pm flight to PHL. Will I be able to check my bag when I arrive to get the car around 9:00 am?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Unless this has recently changed, it is 4 hours. Although I'm not sure how MCO works.

A few years ago, I was at JFK early and tried to check bags early. The check-in gal sat there reading her book until precisely 4 hours prior, while we had a line of 8-10 waiting. She didn't budge until the second she had to
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
Unless this has recently changed, it is 4 hours. Although I'm not sure how MCO works.

A few years ago, I was at JFK early and tried to check bags early. The check-in gal sat there reading her book until precisely 4 hours prior, while we had a line of 8-10 waiting. She didn't budge until the second she had to
Well since US has flights to PHL all day, I figured (which has happened to me before) the likely scenario was they said fine, and the bag went out on the next flight to PHL and sat in the unclaimed booth area there.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cdepks
Well since US has flights to PHL all day, I figured (which has happened to me before) the likely scenario was they said fine, and the bag went out on the next flight to PHL and sat in the unclaimed booth area there.
No, they make a big stink that you have to travel with your bag. "Security."
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: US Gold
Checked bags are accepted 4 hours before departure. I tried to check bags several minutes early on Southwest a few months back and the kiosk wouldn't let me. I assume US has a similar system in place.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:30 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
No earlier than 4 hours although I've seen them do earlier here. I've also seen what happens to early bags when the station has no where to keep them IMO not a good idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.