FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   APRIL 1, 2011 FC Improvements and Changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1190027-april-1-2011-fc-improvements-changes.html)

flight62 Mar 2, 2011 1:08 pm

APRIL 1, 2011 FC Improvements and Changes

This was from the VP of Inflight.

First Class Service Enhancements
Many of you have heard me talk about the behind the scenes work that has been ongoing for several months to enhance our onboard product offerings and I am excited that launch day is fast approaching. Beginning in April, we are making a series of investments to attract premium-fare business travelers and to strengthen the product for our frequent flyers.

A color brochure with full details and service procedures will be published in early March but here’s a snapshot of what you can expect:

A refreshed snack basket will feature four new offerings in addition to two current items which are most popular, according to your feedback.

All new products contain natural and/or organic ingredients. We selected brands that have high recognition or are new to premium retailers nationwide. The new snack basket will be pre-packed by caterers with 42 items each - no more bulk bags of snacks! Flights under 1.5 hours, or flights with a meal service, will be provisioned with a new single - pack savory cocktail mix or sweet biscuit (depending on time of day) to be served with drinks. This is in keeping with the standards of our major competitors.

Meal services will be upgraded as follows:
•Newly designed modern tray liner
•New salt & pepper sachets
•Wine/rock glasses/mugs on meal flights (except on E190, B737-300/400) •The light-fare concept is discontinued and replaced with full meals
•An appetizer will be added to meal trays for lunch and dinner services •Entrees will be boarded pre-plated in casserole dishes (a lifter will be provided)
•Pass-around bread basket for lunch and dinner
•Upgraded wines
•New Stirrings cocktails: Cosmopolitan and Mojitos
•Upgraded desserts
New product components aside, I think you will agree the most important part of a “first class experience” is personal attention and consistent execution. When customers buy a ticket on US, we promise a reliable, consistent, simple, confident and friendly experience. Applying those brand values to the first class cabin means that flying with US must be the most predictable and calming part of our customers’ day. Our service has to be welcoming and hospitable. And we want our customers to be relaxed and enjoy the ease of travel.
I know this broad overview will generate lots of questions: What about galley packing? Where are we going to put the glassware? Are there new serving procedures? Answers to these and other questions will be forthcoming shortly.

https://wings.usairways.com/uswings/...22511FINAL.pdf

Not sure of the link works, but since it is a pdf, it may not need a password to link. If it doesn't work, there were just pictures that could be seen.

Captain Flush Mar 2, 2011 1:27 pm

^^^

Glad I haven't gotten around to booking my April travel yet--now I'll have to make sure to choose lunchtime flights (as opposed to breakfast ones) to properly assess some of the new enhancements.

(Annnnnnnd I can pretty much guarantee I won't clear and will end up in Y anyway. :D)

airb330 Mar 2, 2011 1:35 pm

So no snackbasket on meal flights? I liked having a grab at something on a morning flight out to CA. I hardly ever get on lunch/dinner flights but these improvements sound good. ^

dcpatti Mar 2, 2011 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by airb330 (Post 15963065)
So no snackbasket on meal flights? I liked having a grab at something on a morning flight out to CA. I hardly ever get on lunch/dinner flights but these improvements sound good. ^

Written above:

A refreshed snack basket will feature four new offerings in addition to two current items which are most popular, according to your feedback.

Anyway the pics look nice, very nice, can't wait to start seeing these new things!!

flight62 Mar 2, 2011 1:54 pm

For this stew, I look forward to the changes. I will feel a sense of pride with a little bit better product.

FYI, ALSO beginning April 1, the f/a's will be required to mix your drinks and no cans in FC. I know, good luck on that one. LOL!:p

apeortdz Mar 2, 2011 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by flight62 (Post 15963193)
...FYI, ALSO beginning April 1, the f/a's will be required to mix your drinks and no cans in FC...

I have noticed more and more that when I ask for a screwdriver, I get it premixed rather than two minis of Finlandia and a can of OJ. I guess this is in preparation for what we just learned above.

flight62 Mar 2, 2011 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by apeortdz (Post 15963231)
I have noticed more and more that when I ask for a screwdriver, I get it premixed rather than two minis of Finlandia and a can of OJ. I guess this is in preparation for what we just learned above.

The PHX crews are use to this and probably were working your flight. I'm torn on this one. It does look nicer to not have cans and minis in the cabin, but everyone has a different amt of alcohol they prefer in a cocktail. And it's not like we're talking luxurious changes. lol

SS255 Mar 2, 2011 2:08 pm

^

It looks very nice, and much more in line with what US's competitors offer in F.

HereAndThereSC Mar 2, 2011 2:12 pm

Woo-hoo! Glasses! :D

HTSC

USFlyer26 Mar 2, 2011 2:12 pm

Looks awesome. I'm looking even more forward to my flights in F to and from Hawaii this year.

a7800 Mar 2, 2011 2:15 pm

I wonder who does their math

3,737 FC Meals served daily
1.39 Million FC Meals served annually

3,737 x 365 = 1,364,005

Must be new math. :p

uva185 Mar 2, 2011 2:17 pm

Looks like a great step in the right direction! ^

Very happy to see Mojitos will be offered. I really enjoyed having those on Delta! :D

DCAorBust Mar 2, 2011 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by flight62 (Post 15963193)
For this stew, I look forward to the changes. I will feel a sense of pride with a little bit better product.

Thanks for sharing! I know there are trade-offs and I think the changes sound just about right.

This is the money quote for me: "Applying those brand values to the first class cabin means that flying with US must be the most predictable and calming part of our customers’ day. Our service has to be welcoming and hospitable."

He writes like he actually "gets it." Whack. Weird to see that from the top.

apeortdz Mar 2, 2011 2:27 pm

Better service in F --> more people paying for F --> more money for the airline (GOOD) and a reduction in my upgrade percentage (BAD). :rolleyes:

kinglobjaw Mar 2, 2011 2:37 pm

I wonder if they will shorten the flight length requirements to serve meals?

Some flights like MSP-PHX, PHX-SEA, PHX-ACA are really close to the 3.5 cut-off, sometimes just minutes below.

-Kinglobjaw