Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
What items contain key cards?
The various 'packs'.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:49 pm

Exclamation A Message from TrackItBack

Hi everyone,

My name is Jason Wagner and I'm the Founder and President of TrackItBack. I justed wanted to send out a quick note thanking everyone for helping make this campaign a huge success. I've recently been made aware of this thread and have quietly watched the back and forth comments. Very interesting I must say

As a result of the overwhelming success, we've had to switch up some the contents of our offering, i.e. we're sold out on some items. However, we've added new products while keeping the amount of Dividend Miles available the same. We trust this helps everyone achieve their individual goals.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out at anytime.

Have a wonderful holidays season and - Safe Travels!

Jason Wagner
Founder & President
TrackItBack
Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trackitback
Hi everyone,
My name is Jason Wagner and I'm the Founder and President of TrackItBack. I justed wanted to send out a quick note thanking everyone for helping make this campaign a huge success.
Welcome, Jason.
Can you comment on your credit card processing--i.e., Arizona v. Manitoba?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:00 pm

Thank you. I need to confirm with our Operations Manager, but here's what I believe (not 100%) is what's going on.

1) Our US office in Chicago - it use to be in Phoenix and I'm assuming AMEX still has the Phoenix address on file. It appears that MasterCard and Visa have our updated Chicago address. We'll confirm this tomorrow.
2) All product is invoiced in US funds but ships from our Canadian office in Winnipeg, Manitoba
3) TrackItback's main office is in Canada. The whole "charge for foreign transactions" is something I've never heard of and is obviously 100% out of our control. i.e. it's teh credit card companies who decide that.

I hope this helps.

Jason
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3) TrackItback's main office is in Canada. The whole "charge for foreign transactions" is something I've never heard of and is obviously 100% out of our control. i.e. it's teh credit card companies who decide that.
Yeah, it's a very frustrating fee--and certainly not your fault.* AmEx, as I understand it, charges for foreign currency transactions, while many MC/Visa issuers have moved to a fee that applies even to USD transaction if they are made outside of the US. I have seen other Canadian companies use multiple processors in order to process US cards "in" the US and Canadian cards "in" Canada.

*I believe some United Airlines customers were also hit with this fee on transactions processed by United's India call center. The problem was later resolved, but it caused a minor stir at the time.

Last edited by soitgoes; Dec 15, 2009 at 8:15 pm
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:14 pm

Thank you for that information. I'll internalize the multiple processors idea with my group.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Flying Buccaneer
I didn't have a transaction fee, but I think that's because the transaction was with a company in Arizona.

Also, my Sharebuilder transaction posted today:

12/14/2009 12/15/09 SHAREBUILDER REGISTRATION MILES 3,000

I have had a Sharebuilder account for 5 years, and I wasn't sure opening another one would get miles. I was even more skeptical when I set up the new account (a Roth IRA) and it was linked to my existing account. The transaction was funded yesterday, and the miles posted today. That's 7 transactions posted and 15,280 miles earned so far. Still waiting to see if the FTD purchase posts as 3 transactions or 1.

OK this is very strange!

My American friend opened a Sharebuilder account which I funded and credited to my husband's DM account and he somehow got 2 postings of 3000 miles.

On my own account, I first set up an Individual account and transferred in $10 and ended up with less than $6 of LCC stock. I also set up an IRA and linked it to my main account and only got 1 posting of 3000 miles.

So the data points are:
They won't give the bonus on a different kind of account in your name linked to your regular account.

They don't care whose name is on the account, they pay miles to whatever DM account is on the application. So if you have friends who are willing to set up accounts, you can get a couple more 3000 mile bonues. And of course those who have kids can get custodial accounts and miles.

How long should I wait before I close these accounts?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold; US TIB; Hyatt Diamond
Hi everyone,

My name is Jason Wagner and I'm the Founder and President of TrackItBack. I justed wanted to send out a quick note thanking everyone for helping make this campaign a huge success.
Welcome, Jason! You obviously didn't have to post here, but you did, and to those of us that value customer service, that means something. ^^

I'm sure your knowledge & continued support of this promotion will help ease the anxiety some members have been having over whether this deal was too good to be true.

As a soon-to-be TrackItBack customer, thanks for checking in!
Old Dec 15, 2009, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Hi everyone,

My name is Jason Wagner and I'm the Founder and President of TrackItBack. I justed wanted to send out a quick note thanking everyone for helping make this campaign a huge success. I've recently been made aware of this thread and have quietly watched the back and forth comments. Very interesting I must say

As a result of the overwhelming success, we've had to switch up some the contents of our offering, i.e. we're sold out on some items. However, we've added new products while keeping the amount of Dividend Miles available the same. We trust this helps everyone achieve their individual goals.

Jason Wagner
Founder & President
TrackItBack
Hi Jason, welcome to Flyertalk! I will be buying something from you next week after I work out how many miles I need to reach my goal. Do you take Australian credit cards? I have a USA Visa but my Aussie Amex earns miles. Also, do you ship to Australia? I am probably only in for a couple Safe Travel packs or maybe a Family pack.

The other question is about the discount code someone posted. If it reduces the price of the pack are the miles also reduced?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 6:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Thanks for dropping by and chiming in Jason...very cool and classy of you. Much success with your business!
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, NWA, SPG, HH
Hi everyone,

Jason Wagner
Founder & President
TrackItBack
Jason,

Thanks for being here. It sounds like you really care about your business and consumers. I was curious as to why you charged $4 for basic shipping on an order(s) valued in thousands? I can understand charging for express shipping, but many online vendors don't charge for online shipping.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:24 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by Tiki
OK this is very strange!

My American friend opened a Sharebuilder account which I funded and credited to my husband's DM account and he somehow got 2 postings of 3000 miles.

On my own account, I first set up an Individual account and transferred in $10 and ended up with less than $6 of LCC stock. I also set up an IRA and linked it to my main account and only got 1 posting of 3000 miles.

So the data points are:
They won't give the bonus on a different kind of account in your name linked to your regular account.

They don't care whose name is on the account, they pay miles to whatever DM account is on the application. So if you have friends who are willing to set up accounts, you can get a couple more 3000 mile bonues. And of course those who have kids can get custodial accounts and miles.

How long should I wait before I close these accounts?
I am stuck!
I opened a sharebuilder account and funded 10$.
How do I purchase LCC only once?
The 500 bonus is given for only recurring transactions, I think.
Now how do I open a custodial account with my username and ID?
Do I just open another through the whole process and just give my DMiles #?
That means another user name and id, right or do you do it with your login and open a second account?
Any help is appreciated.

EDIT - Specific questions.

How do you open other accounts under your account in sharebuilder?
Do you get a single log in for all 4 accounts?

or

Open 4 separate accounts incl custodial
diff user id and login for each.
Assign same DM # to all.

Can my wife and I open separate custodial accounts?

If this is the case, I can open 3, she can open 3 (her and 2 kids) my brother can open 3 etc.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks once again.

Last edited by ffI; Dec 16, 2009 at 8:52 am
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
TIB has still not posted - did transaction on friday 11 2009

I read here that it was posting on the wed after. Is it still too early for us airs records to be updated ?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:48 am

Thank you for your kind words, I'm very passionate about TrackItBack.

Yes, we charge $4.95 for shipping. However any order over $499, we will ship it UPS 2-day at no additional charge. I trust that others who follow this thread have received their TrackItBack's via UPS.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
Hi Jason, welcome to Flyertalk! I will be buying something from you next week after I work out how many miles I need to reach my goal. Do you take Australian credit cards? I have a USA Visa but my Aussie Amex earns miles. Also, do you ship to Australia? I am probably only in for a couple Safe Travel packs or maybe a Family pack.

The other question is about the discount code someone posted. If it reduces the price of the pack are the miles also reduced?
Yes, we ship to Australia and I'm 99% sure that your Aussie Amex will work. If it does not, please email us at [email protected] and we'll make the appropriate arrangements.

As for the discount / promo code that was previously mentioned, it is meant for our regular website and not this promotion. In fact, there is no spot for a discount/promo code anywhere on the www.trackitback.com/US website. If there were, the Dividend Miles would be reduced accordingly as they are based on the dollard value spent.

Jason

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.