FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Up to a 250% Holiday Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1020131-up-250-holiday-bonus.html)

ArizonaGuy Nov 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch (Post 12882441)
The FAQ says it takes 6-8 weeks after the item is shipped before these will post. I know when using the AA mall, it takes forever for the miles to post. Anyone have previous experience on how long transactions take to post with the US Air mall?

I'm assuming that they'll wait at least 30 days, after the return periods for most places.

So hopefully it won't matter the order in which the transactions post, and we'll get the 250% bonus on EVERY purchase. This is kind of a big leap of faith though. The return periods will be long gone by the time they calculate and post the bonus miles in March.

Some merchants take longer than others. Shopping mall stores normally only take up to a couple weeks, often they're faster. FTD takes a few days, Biscoff takes over a month depending when you purchase. Trackitback posted 3 days after my purchase during the Grand Slam promo so at least there's that to hope for. Sharebuilder was also very quick after the first stock purchase.

ArizonaGuy Nov 26, 2009 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA (Post 12884604)
If every purchase counts as 250% bonus with 5 activities then why go for the cheapest items?
Just wondering?

JudyJFLA
In a turkey coma

Although that's the assumption, some of us are hesitant on that - and we want the miles to actually post before we go nuts with high value activity #5 (and possibly 6 through 10) so we're reasonably certain we'll get 250%. We know from experience miles can end up somewhere in the great beyond with partner purchases from time to time.

Beckles Nov 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA (Post 12884604)
If every purchase counts as 250% bonus with 5 activities then why go for the cheapest items?

Just wondering?

You need five purchases to reach the 250% bonus level and only a couple are very lucrative, so if you don't particularly need anything from other partners, you can just make some cheapie purchases to get to the 250% bonus level.

ffI Nov 26, 2009 9:34 pm

I agree with Mooper on assigning value to the gifts one would have got anyway.

I missed track it back and went gaga over ftd initiallyas one could send holiday gifts and not just flowers. But their shipping rates were horrendous.
So never got to the second stage in this offer until this thread.

JudyJFLA Nov 27, 2009 1:18 am

Since Skymall is listed in addition to the DM Mall that also lists skymall as one of it's stores it is possible that one could buy a skymall gift cert at the skymall site at 3 miles per dollar, and then use the same cert on the DM skymall site to buy say a Home Depot Cert with another 10 miles per dollar for a total of 13 miles per dollar before the bonus and therefore 45.5 miles per dollar after the 250% bonus (13 + 32.5) for something that will actually be used? Is my math right that $500 would equal 22750 miles in this case or am I turkey trippin waiting for the Black Friday sales? Or will the DM mall cause Skymall to only count once? If The same merchant could count twice I figure it at 70 miles per dollar on DM Skymall using the skymall cert to buy the HS cert on the same DM Mall site or 35K miles per $500

JudyJFLA

Beckles Nov 27, 2009 3:30 am

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA (Post 12886195)
Since Skymall is listed in addition to the DM Mall that also lists skymall as one of it's stores it is possible that one could buy a skymall gift cert at the skymall site at 3 miles per dollar, and then use the same cert on the DM skymall site to buy say a Home Depot Cert with another 10 miles per dollar for a total of 13 miles per dollar before the bonus and therefore 45.5 miles per dollar after the 250% bonus (13 + 32.5) for something that will actually be used? Is my math right that $500 would equal 22750 miles in this case or am I turkey trippin waiting for the Black Friday sales? Or will the DM mall cause Skymall to only count once? If The same merchant could count twice I figure it at 70 miles per dollar on DM Skymall using the skymall cert to buy the HS cert on the same DM Mall site or 35K miles per $500

SkyMall gift certificates are not eligible for mileage according to the rules (click on "Details ... " where it says earn 3 miles per dollar). Even if they were I don't see any way to use a SkyMall gift certificate to buy another company's gift certificates.

ArizonaRoadWarrior Nov 27, 2009 4:25 am

Originally Posted by kinglobjaw (Post 12876730)
Here's another thing I'm wondering about. Can purchases 1-4 be all made from DM Shopping Mall but different merchants? For example,

1) iTunes
2) Gaiam
3) BestBuy
4) Dell
and for the grand finale:
5) Trackitback

-Kinglobjaw

Does iTunes count? If you hit the Terms and Conditions on the DM Shopping Mall, it states that downloads don't count.

ArizonaRoadWarrior Nov 27, 2009 4:27 am

Originally Posted by vysean (Post 12873489)
An excellent idea, and why I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the TrackItBack purchase. I'm going to wait until Monday or Tuesday to do so. Plus I'm trying to figure out if I should go ahead and buy two of them for an extra 42,000 miles.

I note with extreme caution the fine print on the promo that notes US Airways isn't responsible for the date at which miles are credited.

Based upon the posts under the Grand Slam thread, it seems like Bose posted their miles very late.

ArizonaRoadWarrior Nov 27, 2009 4:38 am

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch (Post 12882441)
The FAQ says it takes 6-8 weeks after the item is shipped before these will post. I know when using the AA mall, it takes forever for the miles to post. Anyone have previous experience on how long transactions take to post with the US Air mall?

I'm assuming that they'll wait at least 30 days, after the return periods for most places.

So hopefully it won't matter the order in which the transactions post, and we'll get the 250% bonus on EVERY purchase. This is kind of a big leap of faith though. The return periods will be long gone by the time they calculate and post the bonus miles in March.

I made two purchases at DM Shopping Mall during the Grand Slam (one as an insurance if the first purchase didn't went through as a hit since there is an issue about switching pages, sites and etc. when clicking through the DM Shopping Mall) promotion...the activity dates of these transactions were the actual dates of the transaction and both posted within two weeks or less.

yesletsski Nov 27, 2009 10:58 am

Sears is offering miles with gift cards. They start at $5.00 and no shipping.

SST Nov 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Anyone know the answer to this?: On the promo page, Office Max is listed as one of the independent (outside Mileage Mall) partners, and sure enough, I just clicked thru and made a big purchase of some equipment for the office, which showed my DivMiles number uptop. But how many miles do you get? Nothing sez on OfficeMax's or Dividend Miles' screen, as far as I saw. EvReward shows it as "5 mi/$", and if so, that's the best ratio for office equipment (Office Depot is 1 mi/$), which may come in handy for someone......

ExitRowAisle Nov 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by SST (Post 12888383)
Anyone know the answer to this?: On the promo page, Office Max is listed as one of the independent (outside Mileage Mall) partners, and sure enough, I just clicked thru and made a big purchase of some equipment for the office, which showed my DivMiles number uptop. But how many miles do you get? . . .

According to this page: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...les/gifts.html,

you'll receive 3 miles per $.

abcx Nov 29, 2009 6:33 am

I would do this, but my only concern is that US will devalue * awards by Mar 2010, which is when the bonus will post. Or is there any word on their being no change in * awards?

JudyJFLA Nov 29, 2009 8:52 am

So have we figured out if multiple purchases at the DM mall with the same or different stores count more than once, as in several purchases from Barnes and Noble? If so 2 purchases from B&N on a AMEX Open card will also yield a $50 statement credit for 2 $50 purchases.

JudyJFLA

ArizonaGuy Nov 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA (Post 12894399)
So have we figured out if multiple purchases at the DM mall with the same or different stores count more than once, as in several purchases from Barnes and Noble? If so 2 purchases from B&N on a AMEX Open card will also yield a $50 statement credit for 2 $50 purchases.

JudyJFLA

It has to be 5 different stores, says so right on the promotion.

The shopping mall question is the concern - lists DM Shopping Mall as a participating merchant - but then the Bose, Sears, Macys, B&N and Harry & David links are also DM Shopping Mall merchants. So that's confusing to me. Does that mean any single DM Shopping Mall hit other than those specifically listed will count?

For my purposes, it won't matter. I'll get the initial 4 using Sears, Biscoff, FTD & ThanksAgain. Only one is a mall hit.