Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Guests on * Gold Intl reservation

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2005, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
Lounge Guests on * Gold Intl reservation

I was wondering if anyone there knew how many lounge guests I could bring in with * Gold on my upcoming trip from DCA-SNN via PHL on 9/4. I am flying with my wife, brother and parents. They all have no status, but I am US2. Also I am going to try upgrading myself and my mother using a DS0087. Anyone know if I'll be able to get us all in?

Sean
Old Aug 31, 2005, 3:53 am

One guest for you, and if your mother gets the upgrade, she'll be allowed in as well.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 8:28 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The Envoy lounge, last I knew, does not admit guests. Only ticketed Envoy customers. So, even waitlisted, hopefully upgraded Envoy pax cannot use the lounge without a boarding pass showing their seat assignment up front.

The club, on the other hand, is more generous. You should all be able to get into the club together.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PHL
The Envoy lounge, last I knew, does not admit guests. Only ticketed Envoy customers. So, even waitlisted, hopefully upgraded Envoy pax cannot use the lounge without a boarding pass showing their seat assignment up front.

The club, on the other hand, is more generous. You should all be able to get into the club together.
Flew PHL-FRA earlier this year in Envoy. My gal (no elite status) flew in Y and she was allowed into the Envoy lounge as my guest.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 12:54 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
They must have loosened it up a little bit. Previously only those with Envoy boarding passes were admitted. If they keep adding Euro flights and it gets too crowded, they could very well go back to that policy.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the guidance

Thanks for the guidance, I'll hope that I can get everyone into the club at DCA as well outbound. I used the Envoy lounge in March when I traveled and it was really nice, but the club will more than suffice for the family.

Sean
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by PHL

As a US Gold, I've never had trouble bringing myself and a guest into the Envoy lounge, regardless of where I was sitting or hoping to sit, or where they're sitting.

I've done this many times since US joined Star, and there's never been even a moment of hesitation to let me in.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 4:45 am

Programs: us cp, delta gold, marriott silver, hyatt gold, starwood gold.
When travelling overseas gold members are allowed to use the envoy lounge no matter what class they are travelling in. They are also allowed one guest.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Just a comment. I got into a long argument, which I lost, on this issue with the people at the desk of the SQ first class lounge in LHR. I think in retrospect, that I was in fact wrong. It seems that if you are *gold you can go into virtually any *alliance business class lounge and take 1 guest. Even if you are on another * carrier that day. If you have a business class ticket you can go into the same lounges but you cannot take a guest unless you are *gold. United, however, I know will let you take in a guest if you are ticketed in a premium cabin (even if not * gold) or * gold AND flying United. Clear as mud?
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:30 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Mhttoanywhere
When travelling overseas gold members are allowed to use the envoy lounge no matter what class they are travelling in. They are also allowed one guest.
Anyone with more recent experience accessing Envoy Lounges as Star Golds? From what I understand, Envoy Lounges are not published as a Star Gold lounges, yet I have heard reports of accessing them as Star Gold flying in Y. Thanks for anyone recent input as I will be flying in 2 weeks.

LAX

PS: Any chance they might let me bring 2 guests in? Are they pretty strict about that?
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:10 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by LAX
Anyone with more recent experience accessing Envoy Lounges as Star Golds? From what I understand, Envoy Lounges are not published as a Star Gold lounges, yet I have heard reports of accessing them as Star Gold flying in Y. Thanks for anyone recent input as I will be flying in 2 weeks.

LAX

PS: Any chance they might let me bring 2 guests in? Are they pretty strict about that?
Hi LAX-

The last time I went through the Envoy Lounge at PHL was in Jan. 2005. At the time, I was traveling with my brother (US CP) and mother (US GP). All three of us were able to get into the Envoy Lounge without any trouble and we were all in Y.

While I don't know the woman's name, this person has been at the entry to the PHL Envoy Lounge for some time and she seems friendly enough. If you're not sure, just ask her. They have a list of elites traveling that evening and she might get you and your guests in. At worst she'll send you to the other side of the Club (just the normal Club with no food/drink set-up).
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:58 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by LAX

LAX

I have flown to VCE 2 times in the past month through PHL and was in coach both times and was permitted to use the Envoy Departure lounge. I didn't try to bring any guests so I'm not sure about that.

Lance
Old Sep 28, 2005, 7:29 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by Robertsonland
I have flown to VCE 2 times in the past month through PHL and was in coach both times and was permitted to use the Envoy Departure lounge. I didn't try to bring any guests so I'm not sure about that.

Lance
Thanks, Lance. It's good to know someone has had recent access to the Envoy Lounge as a Star Gold. It would be nice to have some published info in hand in case "someone new" mans the Envoy Lounge on the day I travel. Well, I am looking forward to checking out the Envoy Lounge.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.