Search

Earning miles on consolidator fares

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2005, 12:52 pm
TP
Original Poster

Programs: US PP;CO Plat
Earning miles on consolidator fares

A friend bought a transatlantic ticket on onetravel.com/cheapseats.com. Apparently the fare class is 'T'. Do you earn miles on these fares?

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by TP
.....transatlantic.....'T'. Do you earn miles on these fares?
Thanks!
"T' fare class earns Miles on domestic and non-Europe routes. I have difficulty finding a published "T' fare transAtlantic on US website, and have to assume it is tagged for consolidators/others.

I know that certain fare classes sold through sites like Priceline, Hotwire, etc do not earn Miles, but unsure as to what these fare classes are.

If I had to bet, I think it's likely that "T' fare transAtlantic would earn Miles, like the "T' on domestic and non-Europe routes.

Perhaps your friend could tell us after his trip? Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 7:28 am

Programs: DM
To the best of my knoweldge US give credit to all tickets that are bought visibly (meaning you can see your flight information before you buy it, so not Priceline or Hotwire). Could be wrong though.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:11 am
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
It was a few years ago, but I did earn miles on a consolidator ticket to LGW on US.
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:39 am
TP
Original Poster

Programs: US PP;CO Plat
Originally Posted by Oxb
It was a few years ago, but I did earn miles on a consolidator ticket to LGW on US.
Thanks, this is good news.

The flights were visible on onetravel.com. I'll let you know if he gets the miles on 9/17.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.