Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Flight Status Tool for advanced United CPU viewing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2013: UA 1K (2013: 4/7 UDU, 2012: from GM to 1K!), Global Entry

I have a small web tool to view the upgrade list before the 24 hour window. Please see: http://goo.gl/hFgqt

If you enter your flight number (without UA), date, origin, and destination, then it will navigate you to the united site to allow you to view the "United First Upgrade Standby List" (click that tab after navigation) in advance. The tool allows you to use the mobile or non-mobile site. Finally, if you have cookies enabled, previous queries are stored for convenience.

See this thread for motivation:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...st-online.html

Thanks to alex_b for your valuable input.

Last edited by initforthelonghaul; Mar 5, 2013 at 9:04 pm
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Very cool! Thanks! I assume this only works 2 days out at most?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Very cool! Worked for my flight 9 days out!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
fabulous

Thank you. This would be really helpful and not only for upgrades. I just found out that my plane next Monday afternoon for a domestic flight out of EWR comes from Costa Rica, which means that it will be delayed to clear customs, so I should probably maybe looking for alternatives

Great tool. Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
I can't get any info for flights 667 or 660 for next Monday, the 11th.

Any suggestions?
-------------------------------------------------
NEVER MIND....figured it out....It was a "user" problem, me being the "user".

Thanks for the app, OP ! This beats guessing the number of seats available, based on the seat map, which cannot be relied upon.

Last edited by clublounger; Mar 5, 2013 at 5:54 pm
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
This is great but I would suggest you default the page to showing the Upgrade List.

That's all anyone cares about days in advance. Otherwise, flight status and other data is available at two days before via the websites you use to get your own data.

The Upgrade List takes a little tweaking to the URL (which is all you're doing as well).

-RM
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
This is brilliant. Thank you very much to the OP for their hard work. I'd suggest this finds a home in the FAQ or a sticky at the top of the forum.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
REALLY, really, really cool...wish I was smart enough to do something like that!

Thanks a million!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by initforthelonghaul
I have a small web tool to view the upgrade list before the 24 hour window. Please see: http://goo.gl/hFgqt

If you enter your flight number (without UA), date, origin, and destination, then it will navigate you to the united site to allow you to view the "United First Upgrade Standby List" (click that tab after navigation) in advance. The tool allows you to use the mobile or non-mobile site. Finally, if you have cookies enabled, previous queries are stored for convenience.

See this thread for motivation:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...st-online.html
Awesome -- Although you should place a disclaimer on it that list is for "battlefield upgrades" at the gate and people who already have been upgraded (with miles, instruments, or CPU already). Does not offer insight into the EUA upgrade system (or upgrades at the elite windows).
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA
very cool!

It seems to only work with capitalized airport codes (e.g. SFO-IAD works, sfo-iad does not).
Old Mar 5, 2013, 6:48 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
This is wikid cool ^^^ tho for me using Safari on my iPhone 3GS, I need to select the mobile site for it to work

Oh, and when I just checked my flight SFO-LAX for this Friday (3/8), I saw "BOL/D" had cleared* (and quickly moved myself from an F window to an F aisle)

Thank you again for this ^

*upgrade e-mail just arrived

Last edited by goalie; Mar 5, 2013 at 6:58 pm
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mariof
very cool!

It seems to only work with capitalized airport codes (e.g. SFO-IAD works, sfo-iad does not).
To op. field.toupper()
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond, SPG Platinum

I used to fly 4 segments a week. I am glad I didn't have this available then, for my productivity would have suffered. Great job
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

Very cool! Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 8rulos
I used to fly 4 segments a week. I am glad I didn't have this available then, for my productivity would have suffered. Great job
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.