Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does the FTD Valentine deal (30 miles/$) amount to free flowers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:04 am
txp
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt

30 miles per dollar spent (plus one mile per dollar on the Chase Presidential Plus card) amounts to 31 miles per dollar. For example, a $100 order would give me 3100 miles, the value of which is approximately $93. So the entire order comes up to about $7 net and I don't even have to go to the florist and wait in line? Am I missing something in this calculation? Has anyone tried this and is there a catch? Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Never mind. 3 CPM is on the higher end of the range. Guess it depends on you.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
If you want to buy miles for 3 cents per, I've got LOTS to sell, if only I could sell them.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:26 am
Suspended

it would have to be close to 1 cpm for me to have been all over it and sending flowers world-wide to anyone I find in a telephone book.At 3 cpm they can keep their flowers and I will keep my $

That said if you are gonna be sending flowers anyway 30 miles /$1 isnt bad
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: UA,AA,WN, Marriott & Hilton Gold
That and there's usually a delivery charge or service fee added on that doesn't earn miles for these promos. It's still a pretty sweet deal if you're sending flowers anyway though.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I buy flowers for all the ladies in our family through the 30 miles/$ promotion from FTD. What I like is that the offer is also good when shopping through FTD's International Delivery (we have a grandmother and aunts in the UK). They're one of the few flower comapnies who will honor points & miles for flowers to be delivered abroad.

Yes, the service fee, tax, and delivery fees are not eligible and neither are the balloons or stuffed animal additions, but in the past I never bought that junk anyways. Upgrades from good, better, to best are eligible, however.

I received an email from FTD yesterday offering 30 miles/$ + 150 bonus miles. I already purchased my Valentine's Day arrangements, but they definitely made a good offer even better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.