Wiki Posts
Search

Old config 744 flying ORD-SFO???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
Old config 744 flying ORD-SFO???

Just checked an itinerary that includes UA 973 ORD-SFO on a 747. My seat had mysteriously been reassigned to 8H, and when I went to the seat map it showed an old configuration and allowed me to select 15H. I did some searching and .bomb showed me old config seat maps on UA 54 SFO-ORD and UA 973 ORD-SFO for several random dates throughout the summer. Some random overseas flights still showed new config.

Could an old config 744 actually be flying domestically? Or is this just a .bomb error?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:43 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Yes there is a post elsewhere that UA took two out of the desert. One to refit and one to fly. Apparently it was used for military charters, I have the same issue on 21 June. Upgrade clears -> new config -> Old Config. Have a short connecting time so upstairs is out. I think it's going to be 22!

Of course the Suite Dreams web site says all 744's are converted. Now that is going to be a fun email to 1Kvoice! http://www.suitedreams.united.com/
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
No error, they pulled a bird out of the desert, hopefully washed it off and are using it for domestic hub to hub runs for summer traffic. I think they realized they cut too much or the economy is going of the charts.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:45 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-thread.html

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.