Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA won't let me change my award itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
Just to make sure I clarify what I should be able to do for free, I can change the times, but not the dates, right?
You can change the dates and/or times and occur no additional fee, but the routing/carriers must remain the same.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Just to make sure I clarify what I should be able to do for free, I can change the times, but not the dates, right?

Chris
I have already changed the dates for two awards

Originally Posted by RSSRNotInIndia
You can change the dates and/or times and occur no additional fee, but the routing/carriers must remain the same.
I also changed the routings for both awards. I just made sure to stay within the same region. Changed SIN to PNH, and BKK return to CNX, BKK stopover then return. Between the two changes I was refunded $8 in taxes.

Note: I may have been able to do this since I'm a 1K. Others will know better.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
I also changed the routings for both awards. I just made sure to stay within the same region. Changed SIN to PNH, and BKK return to CNX, BKK stopover then return. Between the two changes I was refunded $8 in taxes.

Correct, change of routing is free for 1K, $150 change fee for everyone else.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
We waive the service fee for our 1K/GS consumers, as well as any itinerary booked using a 1K/GS member's miles .
Old Feb 16, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
I read the thread, but I can't figure out exactly what happens when connecting longhaul LH F to longhaul LH F. It seems most of the posters on that thread are connecting to Schengen destinations. I can understand if they don't get access, but I'd think that I surely should. Hell, if I bought the tickets BKK-FRA-ORD outright on LH it'd be about $16,000. I'd sure think they'd let me in for that kind of coin. If anyone can clarify for me, it'd be appreciated.
Even longhaul F -> longhaul F at FRA is now supposed to use the FCL in the terminal at FRA, which is supposed to be virtually identical to the FCT except for the Porsche ride on the tarmac (which, let's be honest, is pretty unique and cool)

As suggested above however, if you go through customs and "arrive" in Germany, and walk over to the FCT, they are not likely to turn you away. You will end up spending 30-60 mins arriving and then going through departure formalities again at the FCT that you wouldn't have to bother with if you stick with the FCL

Good luck with getting that timing change -- keep us posted. As a fellow 1P, I'm rooting for ya
Old Feb 16, 2009, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA 1P
...unless travel's begun already (since it's a Star Award), of course!!
What are the exact rules to changes once travel begins if a schedule change occurs? I assume you can makes changes then to try to keep the same schedule..correct?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by mudba
What are the exact rules to changes once travel begins if a schedule change occurs? I assume you can makes changes then to try to keep the same schedule..correct?
I would assume if a schedule change causes a misconnect, like happened in my case, then they'll rebook you just like if you had a flight cancelled on a revenue ticket. The contract of carriage still has to get you to where you're going. I doubt they'd change any later flights though (to give you the same amount of time at your destination).

Chris
Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

So I just called again three times. All supervisors said the same thing. They said that going via Europe was over MPM for MCI-RGN. While I agree with that fact, I questioned whether or not it was possible to pay more to go via Europe (i.e., the higher of the two rates) and they said yes, but that going via SIN was illegal even in the case of going via Europe. I guess the ONLY place you can fly into from Europe to get to Burma is BKK. Well that'd be all fine and dandy, but since StarNet blocks every TG F flight (among others), I don't understand how the hell they'd actually like me to get to BKK in F from Europe. I guess I'll just grin and bear it. I do have 5 legs in longhaul F, I shouldn't kvetch.

Chris
Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:07 pm
Suspended

I don't understand how the hell they'd actually like me to get to BKK in F from Europe.
Huh? LH? LX?
Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Huh? LH? LX?
LX no availabilty at all near the days that I'm travelling, and no LH F on the day that I'm flying, and they told me that I can't change days. (Trust me, I tried all available options. The best they offered was OS C.)

Chris
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:05 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Re: award reservation changes:

We waive the service fee for our 1K/GS consumers, as well as any itinerary booked using a 1K/GS member's miles .
What about a 1K/GS traveling on an award flight booked from a 1P/2P/GM account? Are changes still fee-free? Does the miles-originating account holder have to make the changes or can the 1K/GS change at will?

Thanks for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.