FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   When is UA going to kill Ted? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/911275-when-ua-going-kill-ted.html)

PCTraveler Jan 17, 2009 12:47 am

When is UA going to kill Ted?

Anyone know when this will happen? He's still flying LAX-LAS.

gengar Jan 17, 2009 5:35 am

Only real change as of now is mainline fight numbers and some other window dressings. Another post I read earlier says they won't even remove TED branding from LAS until March (sorry, too lazy to search/link directly). Reconfigs of 32S won't start until March and are scheduled to run until December, and I also wouldn't be surprised if 1) they aren't nearly done by Dec and 2) LAS is the last to lose TED. I mean, let's be realistic - I've never seen lower E+ prebooking loads on TED than flights ex- or to LAS.

Liz Jan 17, 2009 12:31 pm

According to the company Ted is gone. We are not to mention it.

honmani2 Jan 17, 2009 1:04 pm

R.I.P.

MatthewLAX Jan 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Has "TED" at least been removed from boarding passes at LAS?

schistosomiasis Jan 17, 2009 1:51 pm

flew SFO-PHX earlier this week on Ted; pilot made an announcement that within the next few months, they will repaint aircraft and reconfigure to F/E+/E. Don't hold me on this but I believe they want to get it all done by September?

skywalkerLAX Jan 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX (Post 11094177)
Has "TED" at least been removed from boarding passes at LAS?

It is gone from the bp BUT the cabin crew is still proud to announce it on every moment possible :mad: :D

Also, the videos are still completely TED and you still do not get a full can of soda.

Seems like UA cant get their act together... not that it surprises me. :rolleyes:

SFflyer123 Jan 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Money losses

I'm sure they must have lost millions with the TED concept. The marketing, plane painting, new lines etc.

ethansma24 Jan 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 11094417)
It is gone from the bp BUT the cabin crew is still proud to announce it on every moment possible :mad: :D

Also, the videos are still completely TED and you still do not get a full can of soda.

Seems like UA cant get their act together... not that it surprises me. :rolleyes:

I worked what used to be a TED flight week or so ago. Made no announcements of "TED", had a regular video AND gave the full can!!! It was however the 2nd segment of the 2 segment galley so I didn't have to worry about having enough left over for the next flight. On the IBS, I do remember there being a statement for us to not use the TED name in announcements any longer. For some, it's probably just a hard habit to break (especially those based in LAS where a majority of all the flights they have done have been TED.)

skywalkerLAX Jan 17, 2009 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by ethansma24 (Post 11095498)
I worked what used to be a TED flight week or so ago. Made no announcements of "TED", had a regular video AND gave the full can!!! It was however the 2nd segment of the 2 segment galley so I didn't have to worry about having enough left over for the next flight. On the IBS, I do remember there being a statement for us to not use the TED name in announcements any longer. For some, it's probably just a hard habit to break (especially those based in LAS where a majority of all the flights they have done have been TED.)

Thanks for this insight !

Yes, the FA's were all LAX based as far as they announced it.

My flight was on JAN 6th so just a week after TED's sudden death :o

goriajk Jan 17, 2009 8:55 pm

TED

SkywalkerLAX quoted "Also, the videos are still completely TED and you still do not get a full can of soda." THAT BURNED ME! on every single TED flight the FA refused to provide me the can of soda. Always in a cup. UA & UX/SkyWest never does that - I can't wait to see the TED livery removed and that bright, beautiful new United livery on those A320's :D Joe G.

the_jeff Jan 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 11094063)

Well, if you were wanting to remember it the United Shop still has loads of branded TED items and tchotchkies available at low low prices.

And who would not want to remember it? Who does not want a Russ teddy bear? I have three (I really do. Still in the box they shipped in. I must say that it is was no the worst $5 I ever spent.)

ajc1970 Jan 18, 2009 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 11094063)

"Ted thanks you for not mentioning Ted."

MatthewLAX Jan 18, 2009 2:27 am

1. Hope they put the closets back in the front.

2. Is lemonade still being served on longer flights?

deuce1 Jan 18, 2009 6:15 am

Lemonade

was served on MCO-IAD last week...no cans with your beverage order either