Wiki Posts
Search

When is UA going to kill Ted?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, SPG Lifetime Gold
When is UA going to kill Ted?

Anyone know when this will happen? He's still flying LAX-LAS.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 5:35 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Only real change as of now is mainline fight numbers and some other window dressings. Another post I read earlier says they won't even remove TED branding from LAS until March (sorry, too lazy to search/link directly). Reconfigs of 32S won't start until March and are scheduled to run until December, and I also wouldn't be surprised if 1) they aren't nearly done by Dec and 2) LAS is the last to lose TED. I mean, let's be realistic - I've never seen lower E+ prebooking loads on TED than flights ex- or to LAS.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:31 pm
Liz

Programs: MP
According to the company Ted is gone. We are not to mention it.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
R.I.P.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Has "TED" at least been removed from boarding passes at LAS?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 1:51 pm

flew SFO-PHX earlier this week on Ted; pilot made an announcement that within the next few months, they will repaint aircraft and reconfigure to F/E+/E. Don't hold me on this but I believe they want to get it all done by September?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Has "TED" at least been removed from boarding passes at LAS?
It is gone from the bp BUT the cabin crew is still proud to announce it on every moment possible

Also, the videos are still completely TED and you still do not get a full can of soda.

Seems like UA cant get their act together... not that it surprises me.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Money losses

I'm sure they must have lost millions with the TED concept. The marketing, plane painting, new lines etc.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 7:46 pm

Programs: These views/opinions are solely my own and not necessarily those of UAL or any other affiliates
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
It is gone from the bp BUT the cabin crew is still proud to announce it on every moment possible

Also, the videos are still completely TED and you still do not get a full can of soda.

Seems like UA cant get their act together... not that it surprises me.
I worked what used to be a TED flight week or so ago. Made no announcements of "TED", had a regular video AND gave the full can!!! It was however the 2nd segment of the 2 segment galley so I didn't have to worry about having enough left over for the next flight. On the IBS, I do remember there being a statement for us to not use the TED name in announcements any longer. For some, it's probably just a hard habit to break (especially those based in LAS where a majority of all the flights they have done have been TED.)
Old Jan 17, 2009, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ethansma24
I worked what used to be a TED flight week or so ago. Made no announcements of "TED", had a regular video AND gave the full can!!! It was however the 2nd segment of the 2 segment galley so I didn't have to worry about having enough left over for the next flight. On the IBS, I do remember there being a statement for us to not use the TED name in announcements any longer. For some, it's probably just a hard habit to break (especially those based in LAS where a majority of all the flights they have done have been TED.)
Thanks for this insight !

Yes, the FA's were all LAX based as far as they announced it.

My flight was on JAN 6th so just a week after TED's sudden death
Old Jan 17, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: United 'Cattle Car', American, JetBlue Airways, Marriott Rewards 'Gold', Amtrak AGR 'Select'
TED

SkywalkerLAX quoted "Also, the videos are still completely TED and you still do not get a full can of soda." THAT BURNED ME! on every single TED flight the FA refused to provide me the can of soda. Always in a cup. UA & UX/SkyWest never does that - I can't wait to see the TED livery removed and that bright, beautiful new United livery on those A320's Joe G.

Last edited by goriajk; Jan 17, 2009 at 8:57 pm Reason: Ted
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Liz
Well, if you were wanting to remember it the United Shop still has loads of branded TED items and tchotchkies available at low low prices.

And who would not want to remember it? Who does not want a Russ teddy bear? I have three (I really do. Still in the box they shipped in. I must say that it is was no the worst $5 I ever spent.)
Old Jan 18, 2009, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Liz
"Ted thanks you for not mentioning Ted."
Old Jan 18, 2009, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
1. Hope they put the closets back in the front.

2. Is lemonade still being served on longer flights?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 1K; AA Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Lemonade

was served on MCO-IAD last week...no cans with your beverage order either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.