FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Ameniti worth it for me? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/600606-ameniti-worth-me.html)

jgoodm Sep 11, 2006 12:26 pm

Ameniti worth it for me?

Hi All,

I wanted to see your opinions on if Ameniti is worth it in my particular situation. You guidance is appreciated.

I go to Hawaii twice per year on UA. I always have bought econ and upgraded with miles. On average, my expenses (per trip) look like this:

2 x Econ tix = $1500.00
60,000 Miles for two upgrades.

Ameniti would look like this:
Membership fee: $295 (once per year)
2 for 1 full fare tix = $2,100
No Miles. (How hard is it to find availability for this fare class on this route?)

So, what do you guys think?

Thanks,

J.

P.S. By the way, I guess I also lose precious EQMs by not booking on UAL.website from booking with Ameniti.

UNITED959 Sep 11, 2006 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by jgoodm
P.S. By the way, I guess I also lose precious EQMs by not booking on UAL.website from booking with Ameniti.

Nope. You don't get EQMs for booking on united.com, you get RDMs. ;)

However, since you're buying a paid F ticket (with Ameniti), you will get additional EQMs due to the class of service.

stevenshev Sep 11, 2006 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by UNITED959
However, since you're buying a paid F ticket (with Ameniti), you will get additional EQMs due to the class of service.

I think the OP meant Y not F, no? Either way s/he would get bonus EQMs, but the travelling companion would not get any mileage credit.

Northbrook60065 Sep 11, 2006 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by stevenshev
I think the OP meant Y not F, no? Either way s/he would get bonus EQMs, but the travelling companion would not get any mileage credit.

I'm thinking that the OP had to mean Y as well. :confused:

I've never heard of any F tarriff from HNL that could be $2100 RT. :eek:

Unless the OP meant HNL-KOA or HNL-LIH. :D

fadeforward Sep 11, 2006 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by UNITED959
Nope. You don't get EQMs for booking on united.com, you get RDMs. ;)

Unless the OP has a platinum MP visa card, right?

OP should probably also take the signup bonus RDMs into account at the usual conservative 100 miles = $1 rate.

The availability of the fare class on the route would be the clincher, I bet. Did I miss what route is the OP is flying?

jgoodm Sep 12, 2006 9:37 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses...

1: Yes I have a Plat UA Visa.

2: I did mean F class. Thats the fare LAX-OGG and LAX-KOA. (Just double checked, $2022.00 Not including fees and taxes). Not including the cost of joining Ameniti, I am essentially paying $500 to save 60,000 miles, I guess that is a value of 0.008 per mile, if you add the Ameniti fee of $299, it jumps to 0.013 per mile (assuming I only buy one ticket per year, which will not be the case).

By the way, I am sure there are threads on this but, if I buy F class as a premiere, do I get 175% EQMs? That beats the loss of EQMs from Credit card purchase....

3: Although I don't like my travelmate losing miles, as long as I stay premiere, I will make up the rdms' with the credit card so its ok.

4: The op is a he. :p

Thanks,

J.

alliance Sep 12, 2006 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by jgoodm
By the way, I am sure there are threads on this but, if I buy F class as a premiere, do I get 175% EQMs? That beats the loss of EQMs from Credit card purchase....

You get 150% EQM and 175% RDM.