FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/482441-consolidated-thread-post-your-ua-website-experiences-complaints.html)

weero Feb 17, 2008 1:51 pm

I think that 'bug' is still in place, it is just that after a sweep, the mileage deductions will then show.

Two surfaced on the same day, whereas the last only became visible some two weeks later.

What gives this a bit of a new dimension is that the res. agents too cannot see it :( .

redburgundy Feb 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Trying to login to see my itineraries, I get:

My itineraries

Backend (database/ or database server) error message

fly_too_much Feb 19, 2008 3:48 pm

.BOMB down again?

Tried logging in from multiple PCs and received the same message.

"Backend (database/ or database server) error message"

Just me?

Gatsby Feb 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Getting it myself just now.

DeltaG Feb 19, 2008 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by fly_too_much (Post 9278946)
Tried logging in from multiple PCs and received the same message.

"Backend (database/ or database server) error message"

Just me?

I get the same error.

fly_too_much Feb 19, 2008 3:50 pm

OK wasn't just me, thanks.

DeltaG Feb 19, 2008 3:57 pm

Seems to be back up again.

HaeMaker Feb 19, 2008 4:02 pm

I am seeing:

We were unable to process your request. The system is currently unavailable or the internet service is experiencing heavy traffic. Please try your request later.

They must be trying to load Lucky9876coins and hsxagent EQM totals. :D

hsxagent Feb 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by CApreppie (Post 7223376)
MP Summary down down down.

IDIOTS.

It is down again... I want to scream, NO! NO! NO!

hsxagent Feb 21, 2008 1:09 pm

It seems that there is a travel advisory posted on .Bomb but it is showing for Feb. 5 -6th, seeing that I will be flying this weekend, I would like to know if I should rebook. Why can't .bomb every function properly for me?

weero Feb 22, 2008 1:56 pm

united.com now lets me assign seats aboard LX

On my two most recent UA itineraries, there are LX segments included, Not only did united.com allow me to assign seats on those segments but next time I logged in, the seats were still the same. This is a major change over the 'dummy seat assignments' which sometimes were possible on OS or LA in my past bookings.

To top it off, I was even able to assign myself exit rows in European LX Y 3 weeks out .. a service not available on the LX site itself .

Moderators: do we have a section for positive features added to united.com?

Any other non-UA subsidiaries this is now possible on?

kluau88 Feb 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Trying to buy 4 tickets that are on hold right now and getting...

We are unable to process your reservation at this time. Please try again later.

On the phone with 1K res and they need to get help as the web is giving them issues too :rolleyes:

KPChicago Feb 24, 2008 4:02 am

Booking last night at .bomb, I had my ORD-DEN-LAX-ORD priced at $435 on 7 day advance purchase - not a day to spare. I picked seats, entered CC clicked to buy and got fare not available - saw the clock and it was 11:02 CT.

Tried to redo the booking and the fare was now $620 (but I could also take an earlier ORD-DEN. Was .bomb using ET as the cut off?

But I found my same itinerary on Orbitz for $449. Grr.

Called .bomb support - all circuits busy!

Retried at 11:45; The res was in the system with my CC#!
but the fare was now $475. I took it. For the extra $26 over Orbitz, I bleeping well better get credit my .bomb MP Plat Visa EQMs!

chitownflyer Feb 25, 2008 3:27 pm

I can not price out a multi segment itinerary from the US to AKL routing via SYD. For example, ORD-SFO, SFO-SYD, and SYD-AKL, give ridiculous options for the SYD-AKL leg.

takor Feb 25, 2008 8:07 pm

Used OLCI for flight tomorrow which was upgraded to F with e-500 certs. Selection to pay for the upgrade gives two selections:
Mr. Takor acccount number 2 e-500 certs
Mrs. Takor account number 2 e-500 certs

So I check both boxes - upgrade confirmed.

Check my e-500 summary and 4 e-500's pulled.
Check my wife's and none were deducted.

Not a big deal except her e-500's don't convert to miles and mine do.
Plus I am trying to top off enough miles to get two Business seats to Europe and then I'm through with United!

The next time I will just check in at the counter and have the agent properly deduct the certs.

John