FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/482441-consolidated-thread-post-your-ua-website-experiences-complaints.html)

gfowler-ord-1k Feb 26, 2006 8:33 pm

Online upgrade problems

Today I was trying to use the sponsor upgrade for another FT person using a CR1. Even though there are lots of CR1s and SWUs in my account there was no drop down menu to chose the upgrade instrument, not even the paper option as myself and others have reported previously.

I called web support and was told this is a "know problem" and they will have it done manually. The person's flight is tomorrow so I don't have great hopes.

Edited to add that the manual upgrade was done in time for the flight and the first segment cleared, second is on WL.

gfowler-ord-1k Feb 26, 2006 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
...And when the people UA.bomb(web support) tell me you don't recieve credit 1000 online BB when you use multi-seg. option.They haven't got a clue.

Wait a week after the flight and if the 1000 miles have not posted call MP and they will post it manually.

pinerd Feb 27, 2006 1:23 pm

United doesn't want me to sit anywhere!

I'm booked UA225 IAD-SFO. Originally I got 16E, 16D for an A319, but then they switched to a 763. I called MP and had them switch me to 24F, 24G since the intinerary showed me as having no seat anymore. I checked the website today and it still showed no seat. Called again, tried switching to 30F and 30G since the other seats were taken now...and it still won't confirm.

Why is it so hard to confirm me a seat???

hiyo Feb 27, 2006 1:59 pm

This morning I purchased a held reservation, CLD-LAX-SFO-IAD-LGA/JFK-LAX-CLD. After logging off and logging back on so I could see it, I attempted to upgrade. It would show me only the outbound legs to u/g, showed the i/b segments, but no option to u/g. The inbound is P.S. and I have no shot at upgrading, so oh well.

But after applying upgrades to SFO-IAD, the confirmation showed a change in all seating assignments to the back of the bus, mostly middles, on all legs.

I called and got my seats back, but what's up with that?

hiyo Mar 5, 2006 11:04 am

"Win Trip to Red Carpet" Link Still Up Day of Oscars

Hurry! I can see that the bleachers at the Kodak Theatre are almost full, but the link to "Win A Trip To The Red Carpet" is still up on united.com! :rolleyes:

I would not enter unless you are actually on Hollywood Boulevard at this moment, though . . .

p1cunnin Mar 10, 2006 10:08 am

Change Itinerary: "Please contact your booking source"

So I use ual.bomb to buy some tickets for a change (usually use the company's travel agent). I periodically go back to check for lower fares. I have three upcoming flights (March, April, May) that I booked on ual.bomb. One by one, the flights begin to tell me to "contact my booking source to change" the flights... They all allowed the fare change lookup originally, then each clicked off and generated this message.

Guess I must have been looking for lower fares too much.

And still waiting for the voucher for the first fare reduction I found.

Time to make a call...

bmr12 Mar 10, 2006 10:20 pm

Dead again. Cannot even log in to book a flight or do anything else "Cannot connect to www.ua2go.com". Ugh.

UAalltheway Mar 11, 2006 8:21 pm

UA's WAP mobile site seems to be back up, and improved! ^

Some of the new features include checking avilability, looking up your itinerarys, checking your MP account mileage balance (i think it's new, at least; shows both RDM and EQM), and RCC locations among others. ^^

ozweepay Mar 11, 2006 11:03 pm

ua2go is uanogo again. Can't check itins; can't check-in for my flight tomorrow.

That's why they give you 500 RDM bonuses for checking-in online: because it's so dang hard to do, you deserve a prize if you manage to do it!

redbeard911 Mar 12, 2006 3:30 pm

I just had this happen to me, and am stuck in 12B, with no opportunity to change the seat without a call.

This is a huge glitch that needs to be fixed. You should always be able to change your seat assignments.

timezone_trooper Mar 13, 2006 8:24 am

United.com = death

I've been unable to log in to view my itineraries or check my mileage for 2 days, consistently getting an error saying www.ua2go.com could not be found. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have a workaround?

Sneezy Mar 13, 2006 8:30 am

Sounds like your ISP has a bad DNS server. It wouldn't be Cox, now would it?

If you're running WinXX, you can try running this from a command window:
ipconfig /flushdns
It may or may not work.

timezone_trooper Mar 13, 2006 8:33 am

I dumped dns last night and it didn't work - I'm on Comcast in CA - I'll try when I get to work. Argh.

flyinryan Mar 13, 2006 8:36 am

I had the same problem, and that fixed it. Thanks Sneezy!

BenjaminNYC Mar 13, 2006 9:33 am

Originally Posted by timezone_trooper
United.com = death

An accurate summary.