Search

What meals in F ORD-ANC-ORD ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
What meals in F ORD-ANC-ORD ?

My wife is in F on the following:
8/11 ORD-ANC UA599 10:00am-1:22pm (local times)
8/22 ANC-ORD UA594 8:00pm-4:48am

What meal service can she expect?
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GLD
ORD-ANC is a lunch service. I think it's the same as ANC-SFO, which is also a lunch service. I did this recently, and the choices were Macadamia crusted chicken or chilled salmon and fruit plate. I got stuck with the salmon, which was just a bad idea all around. A hunk of cold, dry, overcooked salmon, and a bunch of grapes. Yuck! The return is a snack service, so probably a sandwich/wrap or salad choice.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I did the overnight ANC-ORD service last summer and we were served the deli plate pretty early in the flight. It was "lights-out" as soon as possible to allow people to sleep.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt
As others have alluded to earlier, the outbound is lunch, and the inbound is a rather mundane dinner service. Not a whole lot you can do about the outbound, but I would recommend an early dinner in ANC to preclude eating the overdone chicken or unrecognizable beef for dinner.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Is there somewhere you can go on the UA website that lists menus for all flights and classes? This meal question comes up often so I suspect it's not on the website. I've been trying to figure out the meals on the HNL-KIX or the HNL-NRT flights that leave at 9 am.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GLD
Originally Posted by honmani2
Is there somewhere you can go on the UA website that lists menus for all flights and classes? This meal question comes up often so I suspect it's not on the website. I've been trying to figure out the meals on the HNL-KIX or the HNL-NRT flights that leave at 9 am.
I don't know about the website, but I've taken HNL-NRT, and it's a lunch service. Dinner coming back out of Narita. I would assume OSA is the same since the times are similar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.