Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

After UDU, conflicting info on United's website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this. I was UDU-ed at 100hrs out, but now the seats assignments and the cabin designation does not match within .bomb.

My experience has always been that upon upgrade confirmation, it cabin would transition to from "Economy" to "NF Upgraded First". Also, the seat assignments between the top and the bottom of the itin page is always the same. This time, the Upgrade went from pending to confirmed (so far so good), but the cabin in the flight segment details remained in "T" Economy and the seat assignment next to it says 8C, an e+ seat, while the seat assignment on the bottom of the itin indicates for that segment, a first class seat#, 2C is assigned.

When I called UAL reservation, they insisted that the upgrade is confirmed and that I am in 2C. Any idea why there would be a discrepany on what's being displayed on .bomb?

Thanks..
Old May 15, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Did you log out of your account, clear your cookies and log in again?

I had similar confusion on .bomb after applying two SWUs to an itinerary recently - everything was messed up on "My Reservations". Call to the 1k line, they insisted that everything was in order. I simply closed my browser (with my settings, that clears all session information and all cookies), restarted the browser, logged in - and everything was fine.

If in doubt, trust what the agents on the phone tell you, rather than .bomb
Old May 16, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
I had this last week where both F and Y confirmations and seat assignments showed up - and trying to change seats offered me both to change. As a result I could do OLCI, but the guy at the 1K desk told me to leave it, as the upgrade was a SWU on a domestic leg where the TATL wouldn't clear. He told me that leaving both confirmations would enable the checkin agent to switch to UDU. Which he did - and then I was the last upgrade on the TATL anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.