Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL - UNITED ......we stand? Only if we make it so.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL - UNITED ......we stand? Only if we make it so.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:44 am

Good job^
We, customers, are the most important element for a business. Without us, United will not survive. It's time for us to voice our needs and concerns. It benefits both parties.
a CO FA told me changes will not come down FA until mid 2012. that's too long for me to wait
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by harry0233
a CO FA told me changes will not come down FA until mid 2012. that's too long for me to wait
flight crew gossip is notoriously bad, I'd not believe a word of things such as that. If it isn't the here and now, it has a good chance of being a galley rumor
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by harry0233
We'll probably see changes before then. Mid-2012 sounds like it may be when they'll be fully trained and integrated and be able to work on each others' aircraft. They can align service levels, protocols, catering, uniforms, etc. before they're fully integrated.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
One positive proactive thought. It would be great for both companies to set up a mechanism for customers to give feedback on what they would like to see/not like to see in the newly combined company. It might actually be useful. Maybe something like this already exists?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by astroflyer
One positive proactive thought. It would be great for both companies to set up a mechanism for customers to give feedback on what they would like to see/not like to see in the newly combined company. It might actually be useful. Maybe something like this already exists?
Not that I know of except established channels, the merger site would be nice
Old Sep 30, 2010, 4:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Hear, hear!

Starting on Friday, make no mistake: It's MY United, too! And as such, I look forward to Working Together with our Mileage Plus FFer comrades to share tips, ideas, and insights.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Steph3n
You know I am glad you put microsoft in this list, because that is my cup of tea. In my circles I am known as a MS fanboy but you know they have some bad times too, and they do listen in the end.

Windows 7 fastest selling? you know why? Vista sucked, it wasn't worthy of being hoover suckage, oreck suckage, or even dirt devil suckage, it was total KIRBY suckage! A huge hunk of junk that was like a slow laboring kirby, it may last years if you managed to run it a while, but it was expensive to run requiring frequent reboots to clear out its terribleness, just like that kirby uses so many expensive bags to take out the junk.

People complained, people stopped buying it, it was junk. If United releases JUNK people will stop buying it, if they propose junk they will and should hear it from us loud and clear, that way they can fix their junk and make it valuable before it affects the masses of their loyal customers. Big companies do listen, there is no reason the new UA would ignore us, thinking they will is showing a weakness and defeat already. They stay in business due to us as customers, it is in their best interest to listen to us.
For sake of accuracy, I'd like to point out one detail - Vista wasn't bad product on its per se. It just finally started 'requiring' certain former guidelines be actually followed (otherwise 3rd party programs wouldn't work well). Granted of course if anything is wrong with your computer - Microsoft is the blame, no matter if it's actually their problem, 3rd party software vendor, or your favorite computer manufacturer pre-installed junk. Granted microsoft does realize this problem and does actually try to preempt issues that really aren't caused by them.

(Ironically enough this parallels reasonably well to UX situation. Your mesa/chataqua/etc experience may be quite lacking. You probably realize UA isn't strictly speaking causing it, but the average customer doesn't differentiate between express and mainline. So interesting to see what UA tries to do about it, or not.)

Last edited by okrogius; Oct 5, 2010 at 1:03 am
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: UA Gold
There must be a lot of people like me on FT, too. I am not a frequent poster but I read the posts and learn a lot when I have time. As for my loyalty (I am a UA 1P); I have none. UA has been my airline for years now through three moves to three different states and three different parts of the country (mid-Atlantic, CA, the South). But I will not remain loyal to this airline if they forfeit things like E+. There is a large, generally silent, majority of flyers out here who will make decisions based on individual travel needs. UA seems to cater to its GS and 1K flyers. It's inevitable that they would, I guess. There are so many other people who fill their planes, though. They cannot afford to lose these other flyers. I expect to remain loyal to this airline but it isn't set in stone for me.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
As far as companies listening goes, Ii seem to recall that not to long ago UA was going to do away with CR-1s in addition to the E500s when they implemented UDU. This produced an outcry here on FT and lo and behold, UA eventually responded saying in effect, we hear you and the CR-1s stayed. At least that is my recollection in capsule form of the events. So if memory hasn't failed me, companies do listen to their customers if a loud enough ruckus is made.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by qfrodo
As far as companies listening goes, Ii seem to recall that not to long ago UA was going to do away with CR-1s in addition to the E500s when they implemented UDU. This produced an outcry here on FT and lo and behold, UA eventually responded saying in effect, we hear you and the CR-1s stayed. At least that is my recollection in capsule form of the events. So if memory hasn't failed me, companies do listen to their customers if a loud enough ruckus is made.
They do, and to Steph3n's point, both CO and UA have a history of correcting issues brought to them specifically by FlyerTalkers. It is my hope that this continues with the new carrier. ^
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by channa
We'll probably see changes before then. Mid-2012 sounds like it may be when they'll be fully trained and integrated and be able to work on each others' aircraft. They can align service levels, protocols, catering, uniforms, etc. before they're fully integrated.
Trained and integrated is fine, but we all know the biggest problem with UA is service, and the underlying attitude and performance of their front line personnel. Why would we expect that to change ever?

Originally Posted by qfrodo
Well, I'm sure there was quite a bit more to their decision than an "outcry on FT". They may see ideas here, but make no mistake, business decisions depend on the bottom line only. There were likely many factors involved in that and other decisions.

Originally Posted by Mackieman
They do, and to Steph3n's point, both CO and UA have a history of correcting issues brought to them specifically by FlyerTalkers. It is my hope that this continues with the new carrier. ^
Can you cite some examples?

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 30, 2010 at 7:26 am Reason: merge
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by flyinbob
Well, I'm sure there was quite a bit more to their decision than an "outcry on FT". They may see ideas here, but make no mistake, business decisions depend on the bottom line only. There were likely many factors involved in that and other decisions.
Yes, there are many factors to consider, but remember that the bottom line can be strongly influenced if a significant part of the client base votes with their wallet and walks away. And who else besides FTs would be complaining so strongly about doing away with CR-1s en mass? Perhaps members of similar forums? The point is that UA heard the complaints which were of sufficient volume so that UA reconsidered their actions whether it was just FT or others that complained.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:16 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I love me my United. But I started flying on UA because it made the most sense for me.

United could live without me and I could live without United.

If Continited offers a product and perks that make the most sense for me, I will continue to be a customer.

If not, I will not.

It is a relationship, but it is a business relationship. I wont take it personally if CUA stops earning my business, and I am certain CUA will not take it personally if I quit them if they stop earning my business.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by flyinbob
Can you cite some examples?
When CO 757-200's were doing wintertime TATL flights and regularly stopping in Canada for fuel, it was FTers who pointed out to CO that the aircraft was the problem and not the weather. They got the rules changed to call those fuel stops maintenance instead of weather.

Last edited by ConciergeMike; Sep 30, 2010 at 8:39 am Reason: 757, not 767 - no coffee yet today
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
+1 well said and prudent timing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.