Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This versions is retired from the flett, United has two one versions of 752's with lie-flat seats. This version flies domestic routes. principally premium transcontinental service (p.t.s aka PS) and some hub-to-hub.

Boeing 757-200 p.s. (Premium Service) Configuration
  • 28 seats in United Business with 180-degree flat-bed seats
  • 48 seats in Economy Plus with 36" pitch
  • 66 seats in United Economy
  • Complimentary in-seat audio video-on-demand entertainment
  • USB and standard 110v power outlets accessible from every seat
  • Gogo Wi-Fi

BUSINESS CLASS

Standard Business suites with 180 lie-flat seats and AVOD. AC power and USB ports are available.

The bulkhead seats are in Rows 1 and 5 and have wider footwells. Regarding these seats, note the following:

Seats 1 A/B and 5 A/B are subject to noise and light from the galleys and may not be a good choice for redeye flights.
Seats 1E/F and 5E/F have wide footwells and are separated from the galley.

Seat 1B (&5B?) has the deepest footwell but a direct view into the gallery.

Seats 1 E/F (&5E/F?) have about 1" less legroom than the other bulkhead seats with a bed length of about 5' 10".

The snack basket is often placed on the shelf in front of 1A/B and 5A/B.

All other seats have narrow footwells, especially the window seats. They have bed length of about 6'1".

ECONOMY PLUS / EXIT ROW SEATS
Row 21 (exit row) has the most leg space. The rest of E+ is pretty much the same.

ECONOMY CLASS
Row 20 (exit row bulkhead) is E-, not E+.

No longer in service, the standard domestic F (non-lie flat ) 757-200

For the other 752 aircraft, (now retired) see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on an International 757-200 (16 BF)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
Originally Posted by SysOp
6am SFO-EWR. short dude.

"Turn Left" Open Seats: 1E, 3A, 4A, 4E, 4F
"Turn Right" seats are almost open except for 6A and 6E.

May sleep due to it being an early morning flight. Right now I'm debating between 1E and 3A, or "turn right" seats if any good experience from someone. Which seat should I choose? Thanks.
I prefer 1E so I can get up and stretch my legs. If you plan to sleep, I'd get a window (A or F seat) in the forward cabin (Rows 1-4).
On a side note, I always pick the forward cabin in case they swap the bird out for a 16 seat version.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:01 pm

Wow. And every one in the backward cabin will be receiving an automatic downgrade? Ouch.

Thanks for the notes. The flight is not particularly too long and after reading your comments I'm actually leaning on 3A...

Last edited by SysOp; Jan 4, 2019 at 7:27 pm
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by SysOp
Wow. And every one in the backward cabin will be receiving an automatic downgrade? Ouch.
This has been discussed in other threads, and while it's not 100%, the general thinking is one has a better chance of staying in Row 1-4 in event of a swap from 28J to 16J config.
Personally, it's never happened to me, but I have had a swap from 28J to the 24 domestic F 757 seat config without lay flat seats.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I'm 6' 1" and my preferred seat is 1F. It's too short for me to lay flat without bending my knees, but I like the wider foot rest. Frankly the seat isn't that much shorter than other rows. If tall all the seats are worse than the barcaloungers they replaced.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:52 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Flying this layout for the first time on a redeye LAX-EWR. I would like to stay in front of door 2L, so as of right now my options are 1A, 2B, or any seat in row 4. I would prefer a window seat, so what do you guys recommend? Leaning away from 1A because of the light from the galley.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by S.R
Flying this layout for the first time on a redeye LAX-EWR. I would like to stay in front of door 2L, so as of right now my options are 1A, 2B, or any seat in row 4. I would prefer a window seat, so what do you guys recommend? Leaning away from 1A because of the light from the galley.
4A is okay.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by S.R
I'd say it depend on your height. Seats in row 1 have a larger footwell, so they have a bit more room. For that reason, I opt for row 1.
Also, on the side armrest, there's a button that allows the armrest to go down, which allows for more shoulder room which I find helpful when the seat is in lay flat position.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by S.R
If it’s available, I always grab 4F, then 4A. I love UA B752s. Some people complain about noise in row 4, but I’m a heavy sleeper, so those seats work for me.
DCFlyIAD likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Which seat out of 2F, 2A, 3A, 4F and 5F would be recommended? I'm currently in 5F now, but the front cabin seems to be better?
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Depending on your preferences regarding the position of the sun, 2A, 2F or 3A.
findark likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Platinum/*A Gold, UC, IC AMB
Originally Posted by pregabalin
Which seat out of 2F, 2A, 3A, 4F and 5F would be recommended? I'm currently in 5F now, but the front cabin seems to be better?
I flew LAX-EWR in 4F and can easily recommend it.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
3A gets food moments before 4F

ETA: OP, they're all good (a little run down, yes but still comfy). Enjoy.
DCFlyIAD likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Best Seats

Instead of checking seat comfort on Flyertalk, why don't you download the app for SeatGuru? It provides info on most airlines and the best seats on each model of plane they fly.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DCBob
Instead of checking seat comfort on Flyertalk, why don't you download the app for SeatGuru? It provides info on most airlines and the best seats on each model of plane they fly.
Except that SeatGuru has not done a good job lately with all the new configurations of the UA planes. It's better to check things here on FlyerTalk as there's always someone taking the time to really help and making sure that you get the best seat suggestion.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by DCBob
Sadly SeatGuru is only for rudimentary seat maps across all airlines with often wrong or outdated reviews.
Up-to-date details and important nuances are MUCH more reliable from knowledgeable persons here in this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.