FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA "TravelBank" Q&A {Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2149193-ua-travelbank-q-archive.html)

cfischer Aug 13, 2020 11:08 am

I was able to add an extra $100 today no problem. Maxes out my card benefits for the year, next round of loading up ... January 1st :)

gigadigit Aug 14, 2020 9:36 am

I am not able to purchase it again either. I am only seeing the purchase confirmation from a few days ago.

Originally Posted by Traveler56789 (Post 32601424)
Thank you. Just wanted to check. That's what I tried too, but it still shows my $100 receipt from a few days ago and doesn't allow me to make another purchase. I still have another $200 Amex airline credit to use.

I made the purchase on 8/9. Perhaps I'll give it a few more days and try again.

ctownflyer Aug 17, 2020 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 32601624)
I was able to fund my TB once during the promo and once after.
United had told me there would be no funding limits after the promotion, so my guess is that it's a glitch. I've reached out to UA media relations for comment.

UA tells me they're working on the bug now and hope to have it working later this week.

Traveler56789 Aug 24, 2020 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ctownflyer (Post 32610648)
UA tells me they're working on the bug now and hope to have it working later this week.

Thank you. I really appreciate that you reached out to United.

It looks like they partially fixed the issue.

I was able to make another purchase this morning for $100 (yay!). However, when I log back in to make a third purchase (I still have $100 in Amex airline credit to use), it does the same thing as before where it shows my previous purchase and doesn't let me make another purchase.

Flying Machine Aug 24, 2020 12:14 pm

At least we’re seeing some progress…

CaptJOB Aug 24, 2020 8:32 pm

I managed to get a second $100 order in finally. Any idea if the $40.92 in credit I have remaining of my Platinum credit would apply towards another purchase of $50? If not I can probably use it organically before the end of the year. Just curious if anyone had thoughts on the matter.

ctownflyer Aug 24, 2020 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by CaptJOB (Post 32627666)
I managed to get a second $100 order in finally. Any idea if the $40.92 in credit I have remaining of my Platinum credit would apply towards another purchase of $50? If not I can probably use it organically before the end of the year. Just curious if anyone had thoughts on the matter.

It will.

Traveler56789 Aug 28, 2020 7:34 am

Originally Posted by CaptJOB (Post 32627666)

Were you able to make the additional purchase? It's still not letting me make a third purchase.

gigadigit Aug 28, 2020 10:02 am

Was able to get 2nd purchase but not the 3rd.

Originally Posted by Traveler56789 (Post 32635667)
Were you able to make the additional purchase? It's still not letting me make a third purchase.

CaptJOB Aug 28, 2020 10:37 am

Originally Posted by gigadigit (Post 32635936)
Was able to get 2nd purchase but not the 3rd.

Also couldn't end up doing a third but might just use P2s account.

Traveler56789 Sep 2, 2020 7:31 am

United appears to have fixed the issue. I was able to make three $100 purchases this morning to clear out my Amex credits.

LGA1K Sep 16, 2020 9:06 am

Read the whole thread but missed have missed something.
Have $170 in TravelBank from the united.com Club that expires October 1, 2020.
Hoped that purchasing $50 TravelBank cash now would reset the clock on all of it. The new $50 expires 2025 but the old $170 still expires October 1.
Any other way to avoid losing the $170 without purchasing/refunding an unrestricted ticket?

Flying Machine Sep 16, 2020 11:21 am

I see that I have a Travelbank credit, however when I make a reservation I don’t see where to redeem. Would you use the use a gift certificate box? Additionally, can you combine an ECERT and Travelbank credit?

Thanks in advance

jsloan Sep 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 32679917)
I see that I have a Travelbank credit, however when I make a reservation I don’t see where to redeem. Would you use the use a gift certificate box? Additionally, can you combine an ECERT and Travelbank credit?

Thanks in advance

TravelBank appears as a United payment type on eligible itineraries. You cannot use the TravelBank if there is a partner flight on the itinerary.

You cannot combine an ETC and TravelBank credit, at least on the web. A phone agent might be able to do so, but only if the total amount of credit covered the purchase price. If you'd need to add a credit card as as third payment option, you wouldn't be able to do that; two forms of payment is the limit.

emcampbe Sep 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by LGA1K (Post 32679596)
Read the whole thread but missed have missed something.
Have $170 in TravelBank from the united.com Club that expires October 1, 2020.
Hoped that purchasing $50 TravelBank cash now would reset the clock on all of it. The new $50 expires 2025 but the old $170 still expires October 1.
Any other way to avoid losing the $170 without purchasing/refunding an unrestricted ticket?

I don't know anymore.

Before the variable expiry dates, the value of the entire Travelbank used to be good for 2 years from the last debit or credit, and if you hadn't touched it in 2 years, they would put the value to an ETC, then send it to you, and it would be valid for a year from that point (that's what the rules were - I never tested it). At some point, it was changed so the value expires at some interval after earning, I think 18 months? And it was on an individual basis - credit 1 earned on Jan would expire at the end of the July of the following year, and credit 2 earned in Feb would expire at the end of August the following year. I'm not 100% sure, but believe the individual values now just completely expires at the expiry date, no ETC sent - it's gone.

Typically, yes, you'd just need to book something, and then cancel. With free changes right now, it might be a decent time to do it. Not sure the deal with getting canceled flight credit turned into ETCs these days, but if you still can, one option might be to book a ticket with the travel bank credit, then cancel and get the value in an ETC, which would be valid for 2 years. Beyond that, not sure if there are great options. Though with COVID, I wonder if they are automatically, or at least on request, extending expiry. Always worth trying to call web support and seeing if they can do that?