FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Random United gift box received Nov 2023 -- For who? Why? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2141129-random-united-gift-box-received-nov-2023-who-why.html)

Airbus_Retard Nov 9, 2023 8:51 pm

Random United gift box received Nov 2023 -- For who? Why?

Currently on a trip in the Central Asian Stan countries, but just received a shipping notification from FedEx from BirdieBox addressed to my home with my name and United Airlines. It will be sometime before I am home next, but is UA gifting GS some wireless chargers or other cool tech gifts? It's been awhile since they have given GS anything besides luggage tags.

Lux Flyer Nov 9, 2023 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Airbus_Retard (Post 35733367)
is UA gifting ... some wireless chargers or other cool tech gifts?

yes, not sure if it's only/all GS or some other criteria within the MP status.

Dyce Nov 9, 2023 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Lux Flyer (Post 35733370)
yes, not sure if it's only/all GS or some other criteria within the MP status.

im also currently out of the country… exactly what may (or may not!) expect to get from United when I get home?

Airbus_Retard Nov 10, 2023 12:03 am

For reference, I am somewhere north of 80k PQP for the year.

kj5hp Nov 10, 2023 2:39 pm

I haven't received (or alerted to) anything and am over $100k PQD so far this year... not sure how they are working the algorithm ;-)

theesquire Nov 11, 2023 5:43 pm

The packages are coming from Doral / Miami. I’m a 1k with 60k+ PQP this year and just got one…

greenpau Nov 11, 2023 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by theesquire (Post 35737579)
The packages are coming from Doral / Miami. I’m a 1k with 60k+ PQP this year and just got one…

What was the gift?

theesquire Nov 11, 2023 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by greenpau (Post 35737607)
What was the gift?

Wireless earbuds, a warming mug that wirelessly charges, and a dual Qi charger! No specific reason why…

AugustusM Nov 12, 2023 12:43 pm

Just got a box from United that contained a video message card from Kirby, a travel thermos that maintains the temp of your drink, a dual charging pad that you can also charge the thermos on and a set of earbuds with a charger case.

Not bad considering I wasn't expecting anything as I've never gotten more than the usual welcome kit.

JetSet05 Nov 12, 2023 1:05 pm

Random United gift box received

Anyone else get randomly selected to receive the United gift birdie box? It included a video card, heated coffee mug and ear buds.

I am 1K (been a 1K for several years now), and have about 45k PQP’s this year. I at first thought this a million miler gift (just crossed the threshold) but nothing denotes “million miler”.

1200GS Nov 12, 2023 1:58 pm

Received today as well via fedex. Similar stats to yours.

Edit to clarify - about 45k actual spend this year, 95% paid first, EWR based. Non MM status.

drewguy Nov 12, 2023 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by JetSet05 (Post 35739369)
Anyone else get randomly selected to receive the United gift birdie box? It included a video card, heated coffee mug and ear buds.

I am 1K (been a 1K for several years now), and have about 45k PQP’s this year. I at first thought this a million miler gift (just crossed the threshold) but nothing denotes “million miler”.

Million miler box says so on the outside (on shipping label) . . . and is pretty obvious on the inside.

cfischer Nov 12, 2023 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by theesquire (Post 35737579)

I am at $70k ...so far ... nothing

WineCountryUA Nov 12, 2023 5:54 pm

This may be a UA PQP thing vs including partners?

Someone mention million mile comments, high UA PQPs and million mile?

Scifience Nov 13, 2023 6:40 pm

Anyone else get a GS (?) gift set today? A box from United unexpectedly showed up at my door, containing a wireless charging station, a USB-heated thermos, and a throwaway Android tablet with a video of Scott Kirby thanking me for my loyalty.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...bfc5a6cb78.jpg

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1ea4d93b57.jpg

Most importantly, does this mean I re-qualified for GS? 😂

IAH-OIL-TRASH Nov 13, 2023 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Scifience (Post 35742794)
...Most importantly, does this mean I re-qualified for GS? 😂

No, but you get to keep current status through end of January 2024 :)

physioprof Nov 14, 2023 11:12 am

Gift just arrived for current GS with just over $50K PQP so far this year (every single ticket is fully refundable front cabin, mostly premium transcon & transatlantic flights).

colorado_skyguy Nov 14, 2023 1:28 pm

Also received today…

GS, 71k PQP, not a MM, mostly trans-pacific routes, Denver based. Nice gesture!

Coloradochum Nov 14, 2023 3:31 pm

No PQD

Originally Posted by kj5hp (Post 35735136)
I haven't received (or alerted to) anything and am over $100k PQD so far this year... not sure how they are working the algorithm ;-)

PQDs were done away with in 2019. There are only PQPs…if you have 100K in PQP then you have been hammering this year

Coloradochum Nov 14, 2023 3:35 pm

Also received

GS (9 years running) - also received. Nice gesture, last year was an “Away” bag, but to be honest I have NO clue if this is GS related. It says “one of our most dedicated Mileage Plus Members”. Hopefully it’s an indicator for 2024 🙏

Sharpe39 Nov 14, 2023 6:17 pm

Has anyone gotten a gift box from United in the mail? I just got a large one with a video message (pretty slick, actually), branded ear buds, and a very nice travel mug that you can charge to actively heat your beverage.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...07ee5127e.jpeg

benewr Nov 14, 2023 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Sharpe39 (Post 35745435)
Has anyone gotten a gift box from United in the mail? I just got a large one with a video message (pretty slick, actually), branded ear buds, and a very nice travel mug that you can charge to actively heat your beverage.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...07ee5127e.jpeg

I hope they saved the expense of sending that junk to me !

slariz Nov 14, 2023 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by benewr (Post 35745525)
I hope they saved the expense of sending that junk to me !

I got one and looked up the stuff. The retail price of the mug and ear buds is over $400...

Chukiechz Nov 14, 2023 7:57 pm

Haven’t gotten anything since the globe a few years ago. GS for over 10 years and MM. 51k pqp so far this year

bostonpilot Nov 15, 2023 7:06 am

Nothing for me yet either......GS with 75k pqp so far this year

WVmike Nov 15, 2023 9:43 am

I received mine this past weekend. Currently ~$80K spend and 110 segments. Have been GS for 12 consecutive years. I think it is a very nice touch and well appreciated.

vonroach Nov 15, 2023 1:19 pm

I got one, too. GS for about 18 years running, 1.8 million lifetime miles (I am too old to get that last 200k)

Has anyone tried to jailbreak the video card an use it as a small epad?

It was a nice gesture.

akhibhag Nov 15, 2023 7:27 pm

Nothing for me yet. GS for 7 years and 60K in PQP already this year.

avi8tir Nov 15, 2023 7:31 pm

I really appreciate the gesture.... but I wish they had taken the $$$ and invested it in the shoe leather short rib I was served NRT-LAX on saturday. :)

ohstewardess Nov 16, 2023 7:54 am

Nada

Been GS for 12 years. 80K pqd all UA metal. 99% paid F or biz. Cusp of 2M miler. Got nothing. Neither did 4 Gs friends.

physioprof Nov 16, 2023 12:01 pm

For those who haven't received anything: My recollection from prior UA gifts is that they go out in waves. This makes sense from the standpoint of packing/shipping logistics. Maybe we should compare first initials of last names? The recipient in my household has a last name starting in "C".

ohstewardess Nov 16, 2023 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof (Post 35750263)
For those who haven't received anything: My recollection from prior UA gifts is that they go out in waves. This makes sense from the standpoint of packing/shipping logistics. Maybe we should compare first initials of last names? The recipient in my household has a last name starting in "C".

mine came today…k

i know someone with D hasn’t received and others with S who haven’t received. I’m in NY

BirdieBox Nov 17, 2023 9:18 am

Hi Theesquire! Our warehouse is located in Doral, Florida! All the gifts were sent from our fulfillment center after they were intentionally packaged!

Originally Posted by Airbus_Retard (Post 35733367)
Currently on a trip in the Central Asian Stan countries, but just received a shipping notification from FedEx from BirdieBox addressed to my home with my name and United Airlines. It will be sometime before I am home next, but is UA gifting GS some wireless chargers or other cool tech gifts? It's been awhile since they have given GS anything besides luggage tags.

We are so glad you got your gift! These gifts were sent by United to some of their loyal members! We had a blast partnering with United to put together these amazing gifts!

The products in your gift are the BBTEK Truly Wireless Earbuds & the BBTEK TemperCharge Mug! We hope you enjoy this fun gift!

Originally Posted by vonroach (Post 35747643)
I got one, too. GS for about 18 years running, 1.8 million lifetime miles (I am too old to get that last 200k)

Has anyone tried to jailbreak the video card an use it as a small epad?

It was a nice gesture.

No need to jailbreak! We've made it easy! You can recharge the Video Booklet and even change it's content! It's an easy process, similar to using a USB thumbdrive! Here are the steps:
  1. Find the USB cord that came with your video booklet.
  2. Plug one end into your video booklet and one end into your computer (or other device) where the video you'd like to upload is saved on.
  3. The video booklet will appear on your device as an external file (similar to if you had plugged in a USB flash drive).
  4. Find the video file you'd like to upload to the video booklet.
  5. Upload your video to the video booklet by selecting the video file from your device and dragging it into the video booklet file.
  6. Once your video is in the video booklet file, safely eject the video booklet from your device.
  7. Done! Your video should now be ready to play on your video booklet.

st530 Nov 17, 2023 9:55 am

GS 14 years running (50K PQD so far this year, 97K PQD last year), no box yet.

Dyce Nov 17, 2023 10:36 am

Originally Posted by BirdieBox (Post 35752428)
Hi Theesquire! Our warehouse is located in Doral, Florida! All the gifts were sent from our fulfillment center after they were intentionally packaged!

We are so glad you got your gift! These gifts were sent by United to some of their loyal members! We had a blast partnering with United to put together these amazing gifts!

The products in your gift are the BBTEK Truly Wireless Earbuds & the BBTEK TemperCharge Mug! We hope you enjoy this fun gift!

Do you have any insight as to the criteria used for who is receiving these?

uncleb Nov 17, 2023 11:24 am

Got mine. 6 year GS, 2.8MM, ~$60,000 spend so far this year out of EWR.
Very nice gesture, wasn't expecting anything this year...
Hopefully this foreshadows a higher level of service for the upper tiers.

abc1234567 Nov 17, 2023 12:09 pm

Also received this gift. 1K for a few years. 34K PQP. Not a million miler yet. Very confused, and thought at first it was a video saying I made global services lol.

LABlue3 Nov 17, 2023 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by abc1234567 (Post 35752879)
Also received this gift. 1K for a few years. 34K PQP. Not a million miler yet. Very confused, and thought at first it was a video saying I made global services lol.

Very similar profile for me here, also got excited that the video was going to tell me I made GS haha

autobahnal Nov 17, 2023 1:14 pm

I received it today. I'm new to receiving gifts like these, but agree with others that it's a really nice gesture. And nice contents too, especially the mug with warming feature. Hoping the wireless earbuds pair easily with the UA IFE on the NEXT planes (my current Bose earbuds never pair successfully).

My stats: 1K since 2017. $55K PQD so far this year, with ~$49K of it on UA metal in premium cabins (which is far more than I've ever had in the past). Not yet a MM.

WineCountryUA Nov 17, 2023 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dyce (Post 35752634)
Do you have any insight as to the criteria used for who is receiving these?

Answering that question would be an assure way to guarantee they will never do business again with UA.