FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Random United gift box received Nov 2023 -- For who? Why? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2141129-random-united-gift-box-received-nov-2023-who-why.html)

physioprof Nov 16, 2023 12:01 pm

For those who haven't received anything: My recollection from prior UA gifts is that they go out in waves. This makes sense from the standpoint of packing/shipping logistics. Maybe we should compare first initials of last names? The recipient in my household has a last name starting in "C".

ohstewardess Nov 16, 2023 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof (Post 35750263)
For those who haven't received anything: My recollection from prior UA gifts is that they go out in waves. This makes sense from the standpoint of packing/shipping logistics. Maybe we should compare first initials of last names? The recipient in my household has a last name starting in "C".

mine came today…k

i know someone with D hasn’t received and others with S who haven’t received. I’m in NY

BirdieBox Nov 17, 2023 9:18 am

Hi Theesquire! Our warehouse is located in Doral, Florida! All the gifts were sent from our fulfillment center after they were intentionally packaged!

Originally Posted by Airbus_Retard (Post 35733367)
Currently on a trip in the Central Asian Stan countries, but just received a shipping notification from FedEx from BirdieBox addressed to my home with my name and United Airlines. It will be sometime before I am home next, but is UA gifting GS some wireless chargers or other cool tech gifts? It's been awhile since they have given GS anything besides luggage tags.

We are so glad you got your gift! These gifts were sent by United to some of their loyal members! We had a blast partnering with United to put together these amazing gifts!

The products in your gift are the BBTEK Truly Wireless Earbuds & the BBTEK TemperCharge Mug! We hope you enjoy this fun gift!

Originally Posted by vonroach (Post 35747643)
I got one, too. GS for about 18 years running, 1.8 million lifetime miles (I am too old to get that last 200k)

Has anyone tried to jailbreak the video card an use it as a small epad?

It was a nice gesture.

No need to jailbreak! We've made it easy! You can recharge the Video Booklet and even change it's content! It's an easy process, similar to using a USB thumbdrive! Here are the steps:
  1. Find the USB cord that came with your video booklet.
  2. Plug one end into your video booklet and one end into your computer (or other device) where the video you'd like to upload is saved on.
  3. The video booklet will appear on your device as an external file (similar to if you had plugged in a USB flash drive).
  4. Find the video file you'd like to upload to the video booklet.
  5. Upload your video to the video booklet by selecting the video file from your device and dragging it into the video booklet file.
  6. Once your video is in the video booklet file, safely eject the video booklet from your device.
  7. Done! Your video should now be ready to play on your video booklet.

st530 Nov 17, 2023 9:55 am

GS 14 years running (50K PQD so far this year, 97K PQD last year), no box yet.

Dyce Nov 17, 2023 10:36 am

Originally Posted by BirdieBox (Post 35752428)
Hi Theesquire! Our warehouse is located in Doral, Florida! All the gifts were sent from our fulfillment center after they were intentionally packaged!

We are so glad you got your gift! These gifts were sent by United to some of their loyal members! We had a blast partnering with United to put together these amazing gifts!

The products in your gift are the BBTEK Truly Wireless Earbuds & the BBTEK TemperCharge Mug! We hope you enjoy this fun gift!

Do you have any insight as to the criteria used for who is receiving these?

uncleb Nov 17, 2023 11:24 am

Got mine. 6 year GS, 2.8MM, ~$60,000 spend so far this year out of EWR.
Very nice gesture, wasn't expecting anything this year...
Hopefully this foreshadows a higher level of service for the upper tiers.

abc1234567 Nov 17, 2023 12:09 pm

Also received this gift. 1K for a few years. 34K PQP. Not a million miler yet. Very confused, and thought at first it was a video saying I made global services lol.

LABlue3 Nov 17, 2023 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by abc1234567 (Post 35752879)
Also received this gift. 1K for a few years. 34K PQP. Not a million miler yet. Very confused, and thought at first it was a video saying I made global services lol.

Very similar profile for me here, also got excited that the video was going to tell me I made GS haha

autobahnal Nov 17, 2023 1:14 pm

I received it today. I'm new to receiving gifts like these, but agree with others that it's a really nice gesture. And nice contents too, especially the mug with warming feature. Hoping the wireless earbuds pair easily with the UA IFE on the NEXT planes (my current Bose earbuds never pair successfully).

My stats: 1K since 2017. $55K PQD so far this year, with ~$49K of it on UA metal in premium cabins (which is far more than I've ever had in the past). Not yet a MM.

WineCountryUA Nov 17, 2023 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dyce (Post 35752634)
Do you have any insight as to the criteria used for who is receiving these?

Answering that question would be an assure way to guarantee they will never do business again with UA.

h2oflyboy Nov 17, 2023 8:50 pm

Nice! - thank you for telling us what brand it is. The BBTEK Earbuds do not say if they are noise cancelling - their website either.

RealFan Nov 18, 2023 9:22 am

GS for over 12 years here with $100K PQPs thus far having just returned from a three week overseas trip to the Middle East and Asia. I came home last night to this big United box which was a nice surprise and very timely given my lengthy trip.

iluv2fly Nov 18, 2023 9:24 am

Returned from a weeklong trip, and hoping to find something. Nada.
GS from the start of the program, 5.3 million miles. A little bummed.

melaflyer Nov 18, 2023 1:41 pm

Did anyone else get a UA box in the mail with a video message from Kirby and electronic gifts? Was praying it was an early GS invitation but it wasn’t. It was a nice surprise though.

kj5hp Nov 18, 2023 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 35754710)
Returned from a weeklong trip, and hoping to find something. Nada.
GS from the start of the program, 5.3 million miles. A little bummed.

Still haven’t received anything. Over $100k PQD this year and at $120k pqd last year. GS for multiple years.