Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How long are Chase UR to United transfers currently taking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

I haven't transferred miles before.. I made the mistake of reading multiple blogs that described the transfer time from Chase UR to United as "instantaneously." I see there is still award availability for the ticket I want but probably not for much longer. It's been over two days since I initiated the transfer from Chase to United.

Yes, I know the boilerplate statement is "1 - 2 business days and up to 7" on the Chase web site. All the "expert" blogs I read though said transfers were instantaniously. Just curious if any one has recent experiences and can share how long their transfers took.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Mine have happened almost immediately (as in within a few minutes)
Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyingSloth
It's been over two days since I initiated the transfer from Chase to United.
Have you logged out and logged back in to your UA account?

My Chase transfers have always been instant. By contrast, when I've bought points from UA, those have taken a day or two to post.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Have you logged out and logged back in to your UA account?

My Chase transfers have always been instant. By contrast, when I've bought points from UA, those have taken a day or two to post.
yes I've been logging out and logging back in every two hours. Also called the CSR number to ask.. they said the transfer is delayed and there is nothing they can do to speed it up.

It's been 2 days.. just transferring 10k miles to top off my UA account for the booking. By the time the miles arrive.. the ticket I need might already be gone. *sigh*
Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It's been 2 days.. just transferring 10k miles to top off my UA account for the booking. By the time the miles arrive.. the ticket I need might already be gone. *sigh*
Sorry and good luck.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 8:04 pm

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Seems like you're one of the unlucky ones. Hope they come through in time for you to grab the award!
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:34 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
yes I've been logging out and logging back in every two hours. Also called the CSR number to ask.. they said the transfer is delayed and there is nothing they can do to speed it up.

If an all UA itin, you can FareLock award flights.
SPN Lifer and Violin1990 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 1:54 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I haven't transferred miles before.. I made the mistake of reading multiple blogs that described the transfer time from Chase UR to United as "instantaneously." I see there is still award availability for the ticket I want but probably not for much longer. It's been over two days since I initiated the transfer from Chase to United.

Yes, I know the boilerplate statement is "1 - 2 business days and up to 7" on the Chase web site. All the "expert" blogs I read though said transfers were instantaniously. Just curious if any one has recent experiences and can share how long their transfers took.
On the fast end, the Chase to UA transfer is near instant. On the slowest end for our managed accounts -- when they post without any follow-up on our end-- it's about 3 days or maybe nearly 4 at the worst for us. Even for the minority of times when the transfer exceeds 12/24 hours, the transfer seems to usually complete less than 48-52 hours any way. Fortunately, the vast majority of the time, it's close enough to near instant that we don't lose the mileage ticket space.

Sometimes the following transfer after a delayed transfer can be near instant, and that is even when the delayed transfer and the near instant transfer(s) were made on the same day.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 11:05 pm

Like a lot of folks upthread, I read a lot of "instant transfer to United" stuff and assumed it would be the same for me. (I didn't see this thread first!)

So in case anyone is interested in more data for this thread, I requested a transfer yesterday and got the miles today. It took approximately thirty hours.
SPN Lifer and GUWonder like this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 6:12 pm

And one more bit of info...

The price had gone up for the seat I wanted while I was waiting for the initial transfer. It made the difference in fares pretty small so I decided to go for the higher level, which meant I'd need more points. On whim I instituted another transfer, figuring I'd probably have to pay to hold the fare.

I got the "your points transfer has been started" email, so I figured it was going to be another day or so, but then immediately got the success email.

So this time was instantaneous.

Don't know if it matters, but the first transfer was over 100K and this one was under 20K.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oneshane
And one more bit of info...

The price had gone up for the seat I wanted while I was waiting for the initial transfer. It made the difference in fares pretty small so I decided to go for the higher level, which meant I'd need more points. On whim I instituted another transfer, figuring I'd probably have to pay to hold the fare.

I got the "your points transfer has been started" email, so I figured it was going to be another day or so, but then immediately got the success email.

So this time was instantaneous.

Don't know if it matters, but the first transfer was over 100K and this one was under 20K.
I’ve seen second transfers (for a larger amount than the initial transfer) come through near instantly even immediately after an initial transfer for a smaller amount got stalled. It left me perplexed the first few times I saw this last year and this year, but I’ve sort of given up trying to figure out what rhyme and reason there is to the pattern of stalling transfers,
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:47 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Processed a Chase UR to M+ (UA) transfer this morning

Spouse to Authorized User UA account (me) of 124,000.
Chase's site is stating this transfer will take 7 days.

Ugh. While we did call Chase/UR they were unhelpful and said it is what it is.

Has anyone experienced this before? "New features?"

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 13, 2024 at 1:12 pm Reason: moved to existing thread
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Processed a Chase UR to M+ (UA) transfer this morning

Spouse to Authorized User UA account (me) of 124,000.
Chase's site is stating this transfer will take 7 days.

Ugh. While we did call Chase/UR they were unhelpful and said it is what it is.

Has anyone experienced this before? "New features?"
It's always instant for me for UA. For Player 2, my last one (last month) was next day. I also did a transfer with Singapore KF to Player2 earlier this month which took 3 days. I've never seen it go a full week.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:55 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Thanks for sharing that data point. I did see the following message: "Most point transfers process by the next business day, but may take up to 7 business days."
Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:01 pm

Unfortunately, Chase to UA is not always instant. There are several threads on this.

{this thread}

UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 13, 2024 at 1:11 pm Reason: clean up after move

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.