Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Should We Assume The end of PQP Bonuses, Plus Point and Status Extensions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should We Assume The end of PQP Bonuses, Plus Point and Status Extensions?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by DELee

A lot of hard-core 1Ks never stopped flying.

You're at 4,900(!) PQPs and not 1K?

David
Hi David. Thank You for your input. As of today my PQP balance is 4,995. 2,500 of which was a rollover bonus at the first of the year. Based on my projected travel this year, I don’t see reaching 10,000 to re-qualify for Platinum and certainly not reaching 15,000 to make 1K.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by gpicur
Hi WJJ, thanks for your keen insight. I am a bit challenged with some of your abbreviations; what is “WFBF” and “CK” ?
WFBF - want first buy first
CK - Concierge Key, the AA Global Services equivalent.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:53 am

This has been a fun couple of years. I flew enough to get 1k and diamond on DL. Selfishly I hope they put the cut off at $1 less than I spend.

Realistically UA won't be able to maintain the 24k PQP I think. Sure, in hub markets it works. There is a higher concentration of UA fliers by nature and having a higher threshold helps manage the outsized numbers. But the program is nationwide and there is no effective way to manage spend by distinct geographic units. So UA is competing with AA and DL on these programs. The point is to get more people to fly UA, not drive them to other carriers because they cannot reach the stated spend. I wouldn't be surprised to see zero extensions and a return to 15k/18k levels for 1k to allow for competition.

But is UA. They literally could do anything. And the odds of it making sense are 50/50.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
I am assuming no further PQP bonuses for '23 status. The 3000pqps we received appears to be enough to get us in line for 1K in '23 anyway.
I am surprised at the PP extension and would not have predicted it. Indeed I had thought that the PPs were the most costly (to UA) part of status and they would want them to disappear.

What I had been thinking of (hoping) for the '24 requirements was maintaining the 15k PQP 1K qualifying requirement but with 1K providing fewer PPs at that spend level and a process of making whole the Premiers who earn 24k PQPs. This would reduce the pool of PPs we are all competing with.
That said, if UA finds that a surplus of PPs is good for marketing then maybe they should consider giving Golds some.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Clemson
WFBF - want first buy first
CK - Concierge Key, the AA Global Services equivalent.
Thank You Clemson !!!
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:22 pm
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by gpicur
Hi WJJ, thanks for your keen insight. I am a bit challenged with some of your abbreviations; what is “WFBF” and “CK” ?
WFBF = Want First?, Buy First
CK = Concierge Key - AA's version of Global Services on UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.