Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Online Itinerary Now Shows Checked Bags Under Seat Number (buggy?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Checked one of my itineraries today and was surprised to see under the Seat number it shows "Bags: 2 Checked Bags". I'm star gold so that makes sense.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
appears to still be a work in progress - Domestic, both passengers Plat
Old Jul 8, 2021, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
appears to still be a work in progress - Domestic, both passengers Plat
or if you’re thinking positive, maybe they’ll announce expanded checked bag waivers soon😀.
trust77 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Definitely work in process - reservations show my bag allowances have doubled. I will check zero.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by emcampbe
maybe they’ll announce expanded checked bag waivers soon.
The number of checked bags does not necessarily mean no-fee checked bags.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The number of checked bags does not necessarily mean no-fee checked bags.
No sure what else it is intended to mean in these circumstances -- (months) pre-travel, pre-checkin.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:35 pm

Mine shows that too- correctly shows 3 checked bag (economy, 3 pax on PNR).
If you click on the blue "3 checked bags" it then brings you to the bag page where it lists the free bag and you can purchase extra.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Silja
Mine shows that too- correctly shows 3 checked bag (economy, 3 pax on PNR).
If you click on the blue "3 checked bags" it then brings you to the bag page where it lists the free bag and you can purchase extra.
When I click the "x checked bags" I get an error page:
Obviously still a work in progress, as others said. I have two reservations with the same two pax on them. Curiously, one shows 12 bags, and one shows 6 bags.
Dublin_rfk likes this.

Last edited by fumje; Jul 8, 2021 at 7:18 pm Reason: misplaced word
Old Jul 8, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
No sure what else it is intended to mean in these circumstances -- (months) pre-travel, pre-checkin.
As we've seen, right now it means nothing. Bad information is worse than no information.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:08 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Sowing for me as well as UA gold in the village on the red eye outbound and the pointy end on the return flight

Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I have an award ticket coming up for an international flight booked in coach. I'm 1K. Correctly shows 3 free checked bags for me.

-RM
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I suppose it saves scrolling down further to see bag allowances on the itinerary, but overall meh.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I have an award ticket coming up for an international flight booked in coach. I'm 1K. Correctly shows 3 free checked bags for me.

-RM
I have an international trip with my wife. The domestic segments show 12 bags, but only 6 bags for the international segments. Both are 1K.
Another trip to LIH with segments of HNL-LIH on Hawaiian Air show 12 bags for outbound but 6 bags for return.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I suppose it saves scrolling down further to see bag allowances on the itinerary, but overall meh.
I'm not going to be the guinea pig on this, but I think the number includes both free and any bags you have already pre-paid for, which would be different than simply saving scrolling down (if you have purchased).. My summary for a domestic trip as a silver with me + 1 other pax correctly shows 2 checked bags. When you click in, I can see the following more detailed info:

Like I said, I'm not going to be a guinea pig and give UA an extra $40 for something I'm not going to use, but I'd guess if I were to pre-pay for another bag, it would change to 3 checked bags, as well as update the additional columns in the details. Maybe someone else who needs to or has already paid for an additional bag can share experience at some point.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
I have a simple round trip (2 segments each direction/4 segments total) as a 1K in D class outbound, C class return all UA or UAX metal and flight #s. The itinerary page is correct (3 bags shown per segment) but if you click the hyperlink it gets...uh...confused:

Although coherence seems to be an issue with UA-messaging regarding bags based on the email I got at IAD yesterday:

"Heavy rain and gusty winds from Tropical Storm Elsa are slowing down our airport operations across the Baltimore-Washington metro area today, limiting gate availability and reducing the number of arrivals and departures per hour -- even reuniting you with your checked bag in a timely manner. "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.