FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Vaccine status in app, "Your Shot to Fly" sweepstakes, Unlimited Free Flights for 1yr (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2040856-vaccine-status-app-your-shot-fly-sweepstakes-unlimited-free-flights-1yr.html)

under2100 May 24, 2021 12:59 am

Vaccine status in app, "Your Shot to Fly" sweepstakes, Unlimited Free Flights for 1yr

You can now enter your info in the app. And be entered in a sweepstakes for free flights for a year in exchange. Has anyone tried this?

uanj May 24, 2021 1:02 am

Originally Posted by under2100 (Post 33274177)
You can now enter your info in the app. And be entered in a sweepstakes for free flights for a year in exchange. Has anyone tried this?

Cool! I'll check it out!

Warriorconcept May 24, 2021 1:14 am

Oh neat, just did it. My vaccine has only one of my last names, I submitted with both my last names to avoid issues with boarding ticket/precheck/etc however. Hope it doesn't cause an issue, flying this Saturday but doubt it will matter since it's domestic.

Silver Fox May 24, 2021 1:23 am

Doesn't work for UK. Only choices are US approved vaccines. Kinda get that at this stage of the show, but it would be nice if for the future they are going to broaden it.

DELee May 24, 2021 1:29 am

Had to reinstall the app under iOS.

On the My Account status screen, I now get:

If I select the "Add record to my profile > ", the following screen pops up:

If I try to select the "See full details" or "the official rules" links, I get:

I'll wait.

David

stanj May 24, 2021 1:30 am

EDIT: Just saw DELee's post above, will update my app.

Where do you enter the info? I can't seem to find it anywhere on my app.

DELee May 24, 2021 1:31 am

Originally Posted by stanj (Post 33274208)
Where do you enter the info? I can't seem to find it anywhere on my app.

I had to reinstall under iOS. Sad that they didn't program the UX for flexibility. See my post above for directions on where the link is in the app.

David

p.s. Opened the app up in Android as well. Not showing there so likely have to reinstall as well. Stupid programmers. Bad.

SPN Lifer May 24, 2021 1:36 am

I don't have it on the Android app, either.
App version: 4.1.18

I can't wait to learn the sweepstakes terms and conditions, especially the submission dates.

My wife and I get our second shot Saturday, but our son is already fully vaccinated.

Warriorconcept May 24, 2021 1:40 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 33274210)
I had to reinstall under iOS. Sad that they didn't program the UX for flexibility. See my post above for directions on where the link is in the app.

David

p.s. Opened the app up in Android as well. Not showing there so likely have to reinstall as well. Stupid programmers. Bad.

Seems the programmers got ahead of the PR team? Nothing on the united press page.

Warriorconcept May 24, 2021 1:41 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 33274216)
I don't have it on the Android app, either. App version: 4.1.18

I can't wait to learn the sweepstakes terms and conditions, especially the submission dates.

My wife and I get our second shot Saturday, but our son is already fully vaccinated.

I was able to add my info on android, is your app updated?

SPN Lifer May 24, 2021 1:43 am

How can one tell, other than the app version?

under2100 May 24, 2021 1:44 am

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 33274210)
Opened the app up in Android as well. Not showing there so likely have to reinstall as well. Stupid programmers. Bad.

I use Android, and didn't have to reinstall, but it did an update in the playstore a couple days ago. When I checked what had changed with the update, it said they added the ability to enter vaccine status in your profile.

Warriorconcept May 24, 2021 1:49 am

Originally Posted by under2100 (Post 33274224)
I use Android, and didn't have to reinstall, but it did an update in the playstore a couple days ago. When I checked what had changed with the update, it said they added the ability to enter vaccine status in your profile.

The app version that included this change is 4.1.19 and was updated on 5/23/21 fwiw

Silver Fox May 24, 2021 1:54 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post 33274216)
I don't have it on the Android app, either.
App version: 4.1.18

Shows in 4.1.19 which it updated to 3 hours ago.

kevflyer May 24, 2021 2:03 am

Didn't show on my update list but when I went into the UA app on app store directly, I can download 4.1.19 iOS (Was on 4.1.18)
Can those who are partially vaccinated enter the sweepstakes too?