Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 Let's Eat - United Premium Plus (International / Premium Transcon)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2020 Let's Eat - United Premium Plus (International / Premium Transcon)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mathgeek1978
LHR - SFO

The mushroom-stuffed chicken was delicious!

Not bad - but those individually wrapped rolls are always such a turnoff. They could at least serve bread from a basket.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:33 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I had an incarnation of my favorite Polaris meal, the spicy Thai noodles in PP to Asia a few weeks ago. It had most of the flavor, but think a thick sauce instead of the broth, not as well presented but tasty and satisfying nonetheless. Mid-flight sandwich wasn’t great and I slept through the arrival service.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LHR - SFO

The mushroom-stuffed chicken was delicious!

The menu does not mention any dessert with the main meal. Was there any?

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
......and I slept through the arrival service.
Which speaks for the seat.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
Originally Posted by cesco.g
The menu does not mention any dessert with the main meal. Was there any?
There's a small box of good quality chocolate (next to the wine bottle). I should have opened the box when I took the picture. On top of that, the same gelato from regular economy was also served.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a small box of good quality chocolate (next to the wine bottle). I should have opened the box when I took the picture. On top of that, the same gelato from regular economy was also served.
The chocolate box seems to be the same one offered in Polaris with the second/pre-arrival meal TATL w/b among others.
It contains a piece of milk praline with a fruit-flavored filling and a dark one with a caramel filling.

Still surprised that dessert is not mentioned on the printed menu though.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:15 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by bsb7140
Not bad - but those individually wrapped rolls are always such a turnoff. They could at least serve bread from a basket.
They could, but since it is an airplane, not a restaurant, I see no reason why they should.

​​​​As long as it taates good, how it is wrapped is a first world problem.
​​​​​
​​​​​
​​
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
whelp, looks like no one migrated my post from the other thread so here's this from last week:

Route: BOM-EWR UA49
Class: Premium Plus
Plane: Boeing 777-300ER
Date: 1/23/20
Meals: Dinner, Snack, Breakfast

Menu:

Went with Chicken. Veg would’ve been much more flavorful as it was an Indian dish, but I hadn’t had chicken in roughly 4 days due to wedding festivities and I needed it.

paneer salad was nice, chicken was cooked well actually but was alright. The grilled veggies were the tastiest thing on that plate as I expected. Potatoes were buttery but just alright.

Was expecting some nice ice cream after this but I didn’t get any. I wasn't happy I want my ice cream !!!!!

mid flight snack was same for all

sandwiches were ok, chips are chips I didn’t have too much of it. If you are Indian, you know how much Parle G means to you, but I can only have it when dipped in Tea, so didn’t bother.

breakfast:

Went with the omelet. The entire main course was bland. Had to salt and pepper everything up a lot. Fruits tasted nice, the muffin tasted nice and dahi was nice. The main course was a flop though.

Full disclosure: I would've went with the veg options as the Indian options are always more flavorful than the American options, but I just came from a 5-day wedding festivities where its always vegetarian, so I was meat deprived for 5 days and I needed my protein
Note: This menu is only for BOM-EWR, not BOM/DEL-EWR, DEL-SFO
narvik likes this.

Last edited by flyingrohit; Feb 2, 2020 at 12:57 am
Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by bsb7140
The expiration dates on those things are disconcerting.
If I am not mistaken, the expiration date on one of pictured bread rolls is 9 months from now. Bread that lasts 9 months?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by narvik
The expiration dates on those things are disconcerting.
If I am not mistaken, the expiration date on one of pictured bread rolls is 9 months from now. Bread that lasts 9 months?
You may be confusing the month and the day: outside the USA, it's day/month/year.

I find it amazing that an airline that keeps on going on about eco-skies would consider serving bread wrapped in single-use plastic. At the least I would expect it to hide the evidence. More sensibly it would ask for the number of bread rolls (plus perhaps two extras) to come to the airline in a paper bag for distribution on board.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
You may be confusing the month and the day: outside the USA, it's day/month/year.
Regrettably, no. Look at the second picture I uploaded in the first post:

I didn't notice that before eating it, otherwise I likely wouldn't have!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by narvik
Regrettably, no. Look at the second picture I uploaded in the first post:

I didn't notice that before eating it, otherwise I likely wouldn't have!
Hope it was tasty at least!

David
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DELee
Hope it was tasty at least!

David
It wasn't that bad actually.
It's hard to discern, but in one other picture the [partial] ingredients list is visible. The ingredients might not be as putrid as initially thought: they might use ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) as the preservative.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 10:02 am

Programs: united
I don't understand why they aren't serving ice cream. Economy class gets it.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I don't understand why they aren't serving ice cream. Economy class gets it.
I got the Y gelato cup SFO-FRA, which is fine. Didn’t get ice cream TLV-SFO. Both in Dec
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I always find it funny how airlines piece together the "premium economy experience"; United gives upgraded meal, and same dessert as economy, while on ANA you get the same meal from economy, but a dessert from business. :P

I've honestly had better experience with my meals in Premium Plus than in Polaris, but I might have just had bad luck on my two Polaris flights (vs. 6 premium plus flights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.