Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Government restrictions preventing flights taking off and landing (SFO-SIN)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Government restrictions preventing flights taking off and landing (SFO-SIN)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
I have seen this on several flights to SIN. On one flight, the captain said that SIN does not like flights to arrive early so we had to delay our departure since the flight plan was shorter than usual.
I had this happen with IAH-SYD last year as well. Departure delayed well over an hour because we had tailwinds all the way and SYD had an early morning curfew. IIRC, we arrived a half hour early even with the departure delay.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
I have seen this on several flights to SIN. On one flight, the captain said that SIN does not like flights to arrive early so we had to delay our departure since the flight plan was shorter than usual.
On my last SFO-SIN flight captain said SIN doesn't allow ETA to be more than 15 min before scheduled arrival time. Since forecast winds were favorable we had to delay departure, they even delayed boarding. Of course, upon finishing boarding they discovered an issue with the lavs that took an hour to fix. Just the usual luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.