Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Let United help by using our new dedicated security lines (LAS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist

Getting to your flight on time can be stressful. Let United help by using our new dedicated security lines on the 0 level, near baggage claim at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas. These new security lanes will be opened tomorrow, June 22, between 10:00am and 2:00pm.Thanks for flying with us!

Sorry if there is another thread on this already or if it is more germane for the Las Vegas subforum.

Is this UAL anticipating heavy volume or just trying to impress F pax?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Probably trying to impress F pax who don't have PreCheck. Which is like seven of them.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Probably trying to impress F pax who don't have PreCheck. Which is like seven of them.
not true at all. Lots of foreigners don't have precheck, and lots of them go to vegas.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Make no sense to me. The TSA Pre lines at LAS are normally pretty quick when I fly out of there. Maybe it is bad during mid day but still, makes little sense to me. Maybe it is a way to explain the ever rising fares in and out of LAS?
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Are these United-specific security lanes? What's the background here?
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
not true at all. Lots of foreigners don't have precheck, and lots of them go to vegas.
Well, OK then.

(Is UA sending this message in their language?)
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EWR764
Are these United-specific security lanes? What's the background here?
the email is from United and says the lanes are specific to UAL. It does not say they are temporary. The location is not convenient for locals parking at T1.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some of us choose not to get PreCheck for philosophical reasons. I, for one, would appreciate Premier Access security at LAS. (They already have a dedicated, non-PreCheck F line).
MojaveFlyer, Spiff and writerguyfl like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
the email is from United and says the lanes are specific to UAL. It does not say they are temporary. The location is not convenient for locals parking at T1.
Why are you parking at T1 when flying United?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 5:03 am

(Is UA sending this message in their language?)
Yes - in English.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan

Some of us choose not to get PreCheck for philosophical reasons.
I'm curious, what is the philosophical reason? A lot of people don't even have to pay as its included with many credit cards.

The time savings is incredible, especially my home airport HNL and my frequently traveled airport, SFO.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
LAS is a destination for many who do not hold US citizenship and are not from a country which participates in GE and therefor provides Pre-Check access. Those folks appreciate "Fast Track" access as they are accustomed to it based on class of service or status and thus the minimal benefit of a premier line of some kind is a marketing advantage to UA.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
Originally Posted by kale73

Why are you parking at T1 when flying United?
The gates UA fly out of at LAS are only reachable by that train thingie. If you're not checking bags, it doesn't matter which terminal you enter or exit at as the trains go to/from each terminal.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I'm curious, what is the philosophical reason? A lot of people don't even have to pay as its included with many credit cards..
Some of us object to the idea that you can buy privilege with money. TSA made air travel worse for all, and then allows the wealthy to avoid the mess. Just part of the ever widening income disparity, IMHO.
jsloan and writerguyfl like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Some of us object to the idea that you can buy privilege with money. TSA made air travel worse for all, and then allows the wealthy to avoid the mess. Just part of the ever widening income disparity, IMHO.
It is $85 over 5 years for precheck and $100 over 5 years for global entry (which for many is a credit free benefit). In my opinion, not something one needs to be wealthy to obtain but I suppose we all have different definitions of wealthy.

I thought it would be the fingerprinting that folks objected, not the cost.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.