FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New MilePlay (June 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1973896-new-mileplay-june-2019-a.html)

RoxyMountain Jun 17, 2019 8:37 pm

1 trip of $500 for 2,500

Air Houston Jun 18, 2019 2:46 am

Originally Posted by gldwebs (Post 31200031)
Third time this year I received no offer...

Same here. I suppose they think those of us with GS status aren’t likely to fly any more than we already do.

Lynnie_Bee Jun 19, 2019 5:27 pm

I logged into the app today to check something on my flight this weekend and see that I have 2 mile play offers. The first was 4 trips >175 for 10k (logged in via the link in this thread and got that offer). In the app I now have a second mile play challenge, 1 flight in premium cabin >$700 and 1 stay with Marriott booked through UA portal for 8.4k. complete date is still Aug 4.

Did anyone else get a second offer?

ajnz Jun 19, 2019 5:32 pm

4 trips of >$500 for 4200 miles. Given my UA spend/travel has gone to zero after the upgrade fiascos of March and April, the offer doesn't appear to be based on recent activity.

VegasGambler Jun 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by Lynnie_Bee (Post 31220396)
I logged into the app today to check something on my flight this weekend and see that I have 2 mile play offers. The first was 4 trips >175 for 10k (logged in via the link in this thread and got that offer). In the app I now have a second mile play challenge, 1 flight in premium cabin >$700 and 1 stay with Marriott booked through UA portal for 8.4k. complete date is still Aug 4.

I still don't even see my first offer on the app, even though I registered through the link provided in this thread. I also didn't get an email about this one. I'm starting to wonder if I'm really registered.

Lynnie_Bee Jun 19, 2019 7:24 pm

@VegasGambler - Maybe I got your offer ;)

MojaveFlyer Jun 19, 2019 7:30 pm

I have one $500 trip for 2500 miles. I have a couple of rts already on UA and tend to book my summer travel early as it gets a bit crazy out there. I've probably saved well more than those miles are worth by having done so, so no regrets.

FullTimeFlyer Jun 20, 2019 5:57 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31220449)
I still don't even see my first offer on the app, even though I registered through the link provided in this thread. I also didn't get an email about this one. I'm starting to wonder if I'm really registered.

Where do you guys go to see your offer on the app? Or for that matter, on your home page?

I'm in the same boat as Vegas gambler - I saw the thread, clicked on the link provided, registered, and got an offer, but I didn't get an e-mail (I usually do) and don't see any offer on the app or home page.

I haven't usually participated so I feel like I've seen the offer before on home page or app but don't remember where. Guess I better figure out if I really have one before I make any travel plans influenced by it.

Thanks, anyone, for pointing me towards where it should be.^

FTF

ajGoes Jun 20, 2019 7:05 am

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer (Post 31221758)
Where do you guys go to see your offer on the app?

When you have an active MilePlay promotion (and the app knows about it, which takes around twenty-four hours), a tile appears below the "Hello, Membername" tile. You'll have to scroll to bring it into the visible area if your device has low vertical resolution.

VegasGambler Jun 20, 2019 7:34 am

Originally Posted by ajGoes (Post 31221939)
When you have an active MilePlay promotion (and the app knows about it, which takes around twenty-four hours), a tile appears below the "Hello, Membername" tile. You'll have to scroll to bring it into the visible area if your device has low vertical resolution.

Yeah, I'm not seeing that. I registered within a day of this thread starting and the link being posted so it's been well over 24hr... more like 1 week.

Edit: I updated my app, opened it, refreshed the main screen (drag down on the screen to scroll it up past the top) and it showed up.

So, if you're not seeing it, try updating the app.

bman1002 Jun 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Lynnie_Bee (Post 31220396)

I got a second offer too. 2k miles to make a MPX gift card purchase and go to a MP Dining restaurant.

pthwk Jun 20, 2019 12:47 pm

2 trips
> $500/trip

Wow. Done.

Mogreen Jun 20, 2019 8:17 pm

1K here and I think i have one of the bottom of the barrel offers

2 trips over $350 —-> 2500 miles

Happy Traveling Consultant Jun 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mogreen (Post 31224268)
1K here and I think i have one of the bottom of the barrel offers

2 trips over $350 —-> 2500 miles

Don't feel bad. 3 trips over $500 = 2500 miles.

The people here whining about only getting 8-10,000 miles or more for one or two trips are almost as annoying as the offer itself. Feels like they screw me because I'm a 1K and they know I'm flying anyway.

CApreppie Jun 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Not eligible here...