Wiki Posts
Search

Stealth P Fare Holiday Sale?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2022, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Stealth P Fare Holiday Sale?

Been looking for a while for a trip for us to the EU for the holidays -- it's been several years since we've been able to spend the New Year there.... Was searching today and saw some really nice P fares for about $3k departing EWR and arriving into FCO or CDG - departing around Christmas and returning around New Years -- haven't seen J class fares this low in a long time on UA.... FYI - the fare was the same if you came back on the 31st as well.

Just a heads up for anyone looking...

ZenFlyer, uanj and limey1K like this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I'll take SQ to FRA for $2K.

The fare is no longer valid anymore but it comes up from time to time: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2099141-singapore-airlines-jfk-fra-2-089-00-business-class.html

I have also flown all the way to SIN for under $2,500 with a stopover in FRA.

​​​​​​Before anyone asks, most discounted SQ fares cannot be plated on 016 (UA) stock.

Last edited by Repooc17; Nov 21, 2022 at 10:07 pm
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Just checked some more cities like LHR, ZRH, and MXP -- all around $3k...

ETA - I would have already booked this if UA hadn't gotten so stingy with their GS rules -- this is clearly just a P fare sale -- no XN, IN, PN, PZ space is open at all -- and I'm not riding in the back of the bus again when our upgrade fails to clear like it did coming back from Paris last month.... Mrs. bmwe92fan snoozed away in Polaris while I lost feeling in my legs in the back of the bus next to the sniffer....
VRFast and limey1K like this.

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Nov 22, 2022 at 12:12 am
Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:35 am
Original Poster

So I saw in the fare rules that these P fare prices have a 28 day advance purchase requirement -- giving me one day to decide -- so I purchased a ticket for myself -- and then began the fight with GS / Wingtips to get my "exception" approved for one way on opening up saver space for Mrs. bmwe92fan -- except that my "Exception" ended up pricing out at more miles than I could literally book myself on line -- and the agent was even able to verify that.... I guess I shouldn't call at 3:30am US time....

Something is really broken at UA for GS -- it's truly sad...
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Just checked some more cities like LHR, ZRH, and MXP -- all around $3k...

ETA - I would have already booked this if UA hadn't gotten so stingy with their GS rules -- this is clearly just a P fare sale -- no XN, IN, PN, PZ space is open at all -- and I'm not riding in the back of the bus again when our upgrade fails to clear like it did coming back from Paris last month.... Mrs. bmwe92fan snoozed away in Polaris while I lost feeling in my legs in the back of the bus next to the sniffer....
Sorry if this happened to me, I wouldn't fly. At T-24 did you see that you weren't going to clear the upgrade from CDG?

For me, either I would fly on a different date, or use miles for J class (either UA or *A).

In the past 15 years, I only failed upgrade to Asia and Europe once. That was ORD-HKG on a 744. I was 1K at that time in 2007.

I saw that J cabin was full, and I booked a F mileage ticket on the same flight UA 895. Canceled my ticket at check in and had 1A. Pretty nice ride to HKG.

As a GS you probably have few million miles in your account.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
I've actually been monitoring a flight EWR CDG that crosses over the new year. I believe it's P there (2 seats selected on seat map) but on the 3rd at least it's D return (was P when i first looked). The AP i thought was 14 days, but haven't checked EF recently on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.