Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Generally UA operated flights are posting with hour or two of landing and often before landing

Things that can lead to a day or two delays
-- Irrops rerouting
-- late SDC
-- Same day booking

Appears UA does some preprocessing in advance of the flight and changes after that preprocessing are processed later.
Print Wikipost

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by fumje
What is the value to everyone of flights posting quickly? Of course quicker is better than slower, but are there times you all are waiting for your miles to post to make an award booking or something? Just wondering, as to me it doesn't matter that much, but I know others use miles differently.
This seems like the (very) tiny carrot UA is offering in exchange for the giant stick that is miles devaluation and the removal of award charts publishing. Personally, I'd rather take the 2-day delay of miles posting....but oh well...
AeRoSpaceman and Kacee like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: UA GS
Had YYC-DEN post yesterday within 30 minutes after arrival
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: UA GS
Arrived SFO-HND 14:00 today, just checked miles already posted!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:13 am

The immediate posting was explicitly mentioned in the recent notification email about dynamic mileage redemption charges. Sounds like they are now processing mileage accruals based on boarding data rather than ticket reconciliation.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:40 am

I don't see what the fuss is all about ... especially when MileagePlus is now MileagePonzi!
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by glbltvlr
The immediate posting was explicitly mentioned in the recent notification email about dynamic mileage redemption charges. Sounds like they are now processing mileage accruals based on boarding data rather than ticket reconciliation.
It was? There must be multiple versions of the email then -- I can't find any reference to "posting" "crediting" or similar in the version I got; the entire non-fine-print body was

We’re removing our award chart and introducing a broader range of award prices.Lincoln, we're making some updates to award travel. Here's what you need to know:
For flights on or after November 15, 2019, we'll no longer publish an award chart listing the set amount of miles needed for each flight.
Air awards to U.S. and Canadian destinations that are 10,000 to 12,500 miles today may be available for less moving forward. You might have already noticed these lower award prices, and you'll be able to get them right away.
Other air award prices may be higher than what you see today, especially if you're traveling at popular times. This will be effective immediately for travel on or after November 15.
As a member of the United MileagePlus program with Premier status, you can still travel whenever you'd like – there are no blackout dates.

Increasing award travel prices for the most in-demand flights lets us offer lower prices on other flights. If your award travel is flexible, these updates will help you make the most of your miles. However, we realize this may impact your plans if you need to fly on a specific date or have a set destination in mind.

You can use the flexible award travel calendar on united.com or in our app to see what's currently available. Thank you for your continued loyalty to the United MileagePlus program.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
It was? There must be multiple versions of the email then -- I can't find any reference to "posting" "crediting" or similar in the version I got; the entire non-fine-print body was
Sorry - saw it mentioned here, last bullet first section:

https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....-2019-changes/
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
Pre-merger, it was not unusual for UA to post the miles in the same day, sometimes while you were in the air.
Never, ever happened to me.
1P likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:08 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by fumje
What is the value to everyone of flights posting quickly? Of course quicker is better than slower, but are there times you all are waiting for your miles to post to make an award booking or something? Just wondering, as to me it doesn't matter that much, but I know others use miles differently.
We're flyertalkers
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
This seems like the (very) tiny carrot UA is offering in exchange for the giant stick that is miles devaluation and the removal of award charts publishing. Personally, I'd rather take the 2-day delay of miles posting....but oh well...
Agree. It's hard to find any enthusiasm for this when they're in the process of gutting the program to a degree we've never seen before.
1P likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:41 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
Pre-merger, it was not unusual for UA to post the miles in the same day, sometimes while you were in the air. That changed.
Quite the contrary. It has been faster since the merger than it ever was before. My flights always used to take 3-4 days to post. Since the merger, only 2-3.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Air Houston
This is almost as good as Northwest was about posting miles 15 years ago. Now if UA would just serve the same food in F that NW served 15 years ago.
Something tells me that serving 15 year old food might be slightly problematic....

David
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee
Something tells me that serving 15 year old food might be slightly problematic....

David
I'm not sure the tandoori chicken is much newer...

On topic: Both of today's flights posted reasonably promptly after landing, so guessing the late posting on my 2nd Thursday flight was just a one-off (or possibly related to the MPSC acting on my credit request for Copa (which still hasn't posted but at least the request has been acknowledged by the MPSC)
Old Apr 6, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by DELee

David
You can keep the 15 year old food David, I'll just have the 15 year old Dom, Krug or whatever fine Champers they served on board back then

Here's to hoping UA brings back Dom to their domestic F service!

-James
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Wow. Literally off my flight less than two hours ago and both the international leg and domestic connection are posted to my account. Well done UA IT!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.