Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MilePlay Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
I had some travel pop up, and I thought I could make this work for four trips over $500 for 37,000 miles.

I had an additional trip pop up, and if I split it to two one-ways, I could make it work, and I blissfully found one-ways with connections for $516 compared to the direct round-trip I would normally take for $1,100.

Sadly, after reading in more detail, the "fare" has to be more than $500, excluding any gov't taxes. My $516 one-ways only have fares of about $460, which evidently do not qualify for the offer.

So, everyone be careful with those fares that just barely exceed the minimum requirements.
I may have screwed up on this. I thought the trip I took yesterday would qualify but l think it may be a couple of cents under the minimum when you exclude taxes and fees. It hasn't posted to my account but it has been less than 24 hours so I still have hope. I may have to call and actually talk to someone.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
PQD is normally rounded up to a full dollar amount. So, you will be okay.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Finished up my two trip requirement late Sunday, and the miles are already posted.
Only 2,500 miles, but better than my usual "no promo for you" result.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Kmxu
PQD is normally rounded up to a full dollar amount. So, you will be okay.
Here's hoping!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Miles posted before flight credit!

I flew yesterday evening. The miles (9000 miles for $225 spend + taxes) have been posted on my account even before I receive the flight credit. The latter will happen tomorrow. Cheers!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA -1K, DL -Silver MM, Marriott - Titanium
Mine is 3 trips by March 10th , minimum of $350 each for 13,000 miles.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
... I do seem to recall reports from previous iterations that (some?) reissues were treated as new transactions.
A reissue due to travel waiver qualified me for the bonus (which just posted), despite fact that ticket was originally purchased before registering
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:35 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shdflyer
A reissue due to travel waiver qualified me for the bonus (which just posted), despite fact that ticket was originally purchased before registering
Whereas mine due to irrops didn't. I was hoping it would, and was a little surprised it didn't...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.