FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Mailing Baggage Handle Wraps to 1K/GS Customers {Archive} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1955695-ua-mailing-baggage-handle-wraps-1k-gs-customers-archive.html)

Boo_Radley Feb 3, 2014 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc (Post 22280895)
Correct. However, the memo sent to the baggage folks says otherwise. Don't know why you threw it away...

Just the text, not the wrap itself. In retrospect, I do realize that most trash can references on this board imply differently.

mgcsinc Feb 3, 2014 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Boo_Radley (Post 22281027)
Just the text, not the wrap itself. In retrospect, I do realize that most trash can references on this board imply differently.

Ah, I see. Yes, most people mean something different in this thread. :)

1353513636 Feb 3, 2014 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Boo_Radley (Post 22280866)
Got mine today; made 1k last September. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the literature that comes with the thing describes its purpose as allowing you to find your bag more easily; no priority is discussed. I would quote the exact text, but it's already pretty far down in my trash can.

Something to the effect of:

You're one of our most valued customers and we want to make sure we can identify your bags as special so put these tags on so we know that the bag belongs to a valuable customer.

pizzabox Feb 3, 2014 8:35 pm

Got mine in the mail last week, feels flimsier than I expected it to be. Can't complain for free I suppose...

GDaoV Feb 3, 2014 9:31 pm

Mine came a week after emailing 1K desk. I will assume that the quantity should be 1. Not sure why I was expecting 2.

GSunitedloyal Feb 4, 2014 4:47 am

So far very impress with the yellow handle, I appears, EWR,IHA, IAD, DFW, RDU, got the memo!!! Keep up the superior work you do!! Trust me we love it and brag about you guys to friends and family specially when we know the extra efforts you make under extreme weather conditions,

GSunitedloyal Feb 4, 2014 4:53 am

Originally Posted by nevansm (Post 22280536)
Worked great in MKE last night. Was sitting beside belt like it was last on and brought up to jetway personally before any other bags. Got looks from other pax and a big "Thank you for choosing united tonight Mr. Nevans!" from the ga who was helping with the bags. She was great! ^^^

This type of positive attitude from the people on the ground that actually make things happen is what business is all about! Can't thank them enough for the hard work they do day in and day out ! ^

P50sundevil Feb 4, 2014 5:52 am

I emailed 1K Voice asking for a bag handle (I'm a new 1K) and was told they don't have any. Since it seems other people are getting them, should I try emailing again, or is there a better way? Has anyone else been told that they're out?

chinatraderjmr Feb 4, 2014 6:25 am

Originally Posted by P50sundevil (Post 22283124)
I emailed 1K Voice asking for a bag handle (I'm a new 1K) and was told they don't have any. Since it seems other people are getting them, should I try emailing again, or is there a better way? Has anyone else been told that they're out?

They don't have any left??????? What, the mould broke so they can't make more, the sweatshops in Asia are out of business??? Thats ridiculous

tarheelnj Feb 4, 2014 6:38 am

Saturday at EWR - 3rd from last. Every other UAEX station I fly into now, it's either the first one delivered or it's delivered separately ahead of the rest of the bags.

eng3 Feb 4, 2014 7:35 am

Just got another one in the mail yesterday. (I had to request one last year). Seems the same except the "united" logo seemed to have been glued/sewn on a little crooked.

dmunz Feb 4, 2014 9:26 am

So what happens if you're not 1K anymore?

After three years of 1K (and CO PL before that) my travel went to nothing last year. I managed to make silver by the skin of my teeth. Will my wrap sefl-destruct in 30 seconds? Or will they rip it off the first time I use it (forgetting to take it off my bag)?

Or, will they change the color to red or blue and ship out a whole new pile of them to weed out the newly minted riff-raff? :D

FWIW
DLM

GDaoV Feb 4, 2014 11:09 am

Made in China explains it all. They are all off for lunar New Years celebrations. :confused:

P50sundevil Feb 4, 2014 11:24 am

I was told "they are currently not issuing wraps, but that they might run the promotion later in the year."

Then how is if that other people are receiving them?

drewguy Feb 4, 2014 11:58 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr (Post 22283245)
They don't have any left??????? What, the mould broke so they can't make more, the sweatshops in Asia are out of business??? Thats ridiculous

Skymall went out of business.

http://www.skymall.com/personalized-...lebase&pnr=24R