Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Recent Denials of admission to *A Lounges due to lack of UA *G card [2019-2020]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Finding the *A Gold Logo in the UA app
IOS / Apple Phones
Does not show on the UA MP card for Apple devices BUT move to the Apple Wallet and it is displayed

Android phone, the front of the card is displayed with the *A Gold logo and tapping on the card just shows the back. So on the Android the *g logo is there .
If too small or the agent, you can as discussed in Jan 2019
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
On the Android phones you can triple-tap to magnify, other phone OSs likely have similar functions.
or screen save to the gallery and zoom in on the logo

The app UC card does not have the *A lounge logo as the physical UC card is required for entrance into partner lounges
Print Wikipost

Recent Denials of admission to *A Lounges due to lack of UA *G card [2019-2020]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: 1MM UA
The point of this thread is that there is no physical card anymore.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Was asked for a physical card at GVA last week. (LX Senator) I had the card with me, so I don't know what would have happened had I pushed back.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by zeer0
Planning to fly SAS through CPH this summer and crediting to UA while using my OZ *G for lounge access. My status renews in summer as well, so won't have a valid physical card on the way back. Will SAS be ok with just the digital card on my phone?
Yes. Normally you can gain entry by scanning your boarding pass through the turnstile without any interaction with lounge attendants at SK CPH lounge. In this case, you would need them to help you gain entry after verification of your *G status.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by 1P
The problem still seems to be LH lounges located in Germany (as opposed to the LH lounge at EWR). Those dragons nearly always require a physical card if you are a *A member (but not if you belong to Miles and More).
simply not my experience this year. Just traveled through Germany and got in at Munich and Frankfurt with only my BP.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by zeer0
Planning to fly SAS through CPH this summer and crediting to UA while using my OZ *G for lounge access. My status renews in summer as well, so won't have a valid physical card on the way back. Will SAS be ok with just the digital card on my phone?
Won't your *G status be embedded in your BP already?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Won't your *G status be embedded in your BP already?
My read from the OP's post - has *G through OZ but crediting SK flight to UA. The UA info will show on boarding pass, which the OP may not have status but for miles accumulation only.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Repooc17
My read from the OP's post - has *G through OZ but crediting SK flight to UA. The UA info will show on boarding pass, which the OP may not have status but for miles accumulation only.
Now I'm confused (more than usual). The OP's *G status is universal to *A, not a function of UA or any other specific airline, no?

Edit: Now I think I get it. The OP might be only able to collect mileage on the airline program through which he/she has *G status.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Now I'm confused (more than usual). The OP's *G status is universal to *A, not a function of UA or any other specific airline, no?

Edit: Now I think I get it. The OP might be only able to collect mileage on the airline program through which he/she has *G status.
I have no status with UA, but the fare code my SK flights are in doesn't earn any miles with OZ, so I want to have my UA info on the boarding pass to earn miles, but use my OZ *G benefits for lounge access. So my boarding pass won't show I'm *G, and the physical card I currently have expires this summer when my status renews (OZ has renewal every 2 years from when you created your account, not at the beginning of the year like programs in the US).
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
Aspire lounge at MAN usually wants to swipe my physical card, even with *G on my bp. Once I did manage to use the electronic card to get it, but it seemed to be denying me access and the agent just let me in anyways.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Needed to provide my physical *G card at MUC (LH lounge), VIE (OS Lounge), and IAD (LH lounge) this week.

Was travelling on an award itinerary. Interestingly, my BPs for MUC->VIE and VIE->IAD did not show *G on them, but my BP for IAD->DAY did show it. All 3 BPs were printed at MUC on LH stock.

Regardless, each lounge required my card before admitting to Senator side of the lounge.
I did not try the Digital version on the App, as I had my card with me.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Needed to provide my physical *G card at MUC (LH lounge), VIE (OS Lounge), and IAD (LH lounge) this week.

Was travelling on an award itinerary. Interestingly, my BPs for MUC->VIE and VIE->IAD did not show *G on them, but my BP for IAD->DAY did show it. All 3 BPs were printed at MUC on LH stock.

Regardless, each lounge required my card before admitting to Senator side of the lounge.
I did not try the Digital version on the App, as I had my card with me.
I have flown 14 LH Group, 8 TK and 4 SK segments over the past year. Of those 26 segments, I used an LH/TK/SK lounge 20 times. I have never had to use my physical card to gain entrance to a lounge, just a quick scan of my BP.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:27 am
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by goodeats21
.... I did not try the Digital version on the App, .
That's the real question for this thread

While "card" should not be needed if BP is properly code, then if "card" is requested, has anyone using the digital card been bounced (in 2019)?
Often1 and chemengin like this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by halls120
I have flown 14 LH Group, 8 TK and 4 SK segments over the past year. Of those 26 segments, I used an LH/TK/SK lounge 20 times. I have never had to use my physical card to gain entrance to a lounge, just a quick scan of my BP.
I wonder if the difference in my case was that it was an award ticket? Were all of yours on regular revenue tickets?

While "card" should not be needed if BP is properly code, then if "card" is requested, has anyone using the digital card been bounced (in 2019)?
Didn't think to try the digital card, as I keep a kit with my current status cards in my bag (along with drink chits, IDL, ER contact lists, etc).

Just presenting my experience as a data point.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:34 am

No, that's NOT the real question. Those of us who do not carry "smart" (spy) telephones need a way to prove our status in cases where the boarding pass does not show it, and it is with the physical card (which United -- in furtherance of it's new concept of what customer service means) refuses to provide.
mgmsteven and abaheti like this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Counsellor
No, that's NOT the real question. Those of us who do not carry "smart" (spy) telephones need a way to prove our status in cases where the boarding pass does not show it, and it is with the physical card (which United -- in furtherance of it's new concept of what customer service means) refuses to provide.
You can always print it from home if you don’t want to carry a “spy phone”
chemengin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.