Wiki Posts
Search

A shout-out to great customer service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2022, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
A shout-out to great customer service

I talked with a United CSR the other night who did an outstanding job. When I asked her if I could tell anyone about her awesome help, she just laughed and said that calls were recorded, so they'd hear my compliments when they reviewed the recordings. (I didn't catch her name at the beginning of the call so I can't just write in anyway!) I write letters to complain when something really bugs me - but I love writing letters to support people who are great at customer service.

So - anonymous United call center person - thank you and hope they actually do listen to the recordings.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by seacliffs
I talked with a United CSR the other night who did an outstanding job. When I asked her if I could tell anyone about her awesome help, she just laughed and said that calls were recorded, so they'd hear my compliments when they reviewed the recordings. (I didn't catch her name at the beginning of the call so I can't just write in anyway!) I write letters to complain when something really bugs me - but I love writing letters to support people who are great at customer service.

So - anonymous United call center person - thank you and hope they actually do listen to the recordings.
I’d suggest that you write a letter complimenting the agent. I suspect there’s a chance that nobody will monitor the call, but someone may actually skim or even read the letter.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I’d suggest that you write a letter complimenting the agent. I suspect there’s a chance that nobody will monitor the call, but someone may actually skim or even read the letter.
Agreed. Furthermore, if someone does read the message, they'll be able to go back and identify the agent quite easily.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
yes..United actually reads, saves, values and passes on compliments and places them in their employees files, and makes an active effort to identify the employee if the name isn’t available.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Oh! That's great! I will write a letter then.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: United, EVA, Marriott, Hilton
I always try to leave positive feedback on their customer care portal.

https://www.united.com/en/us/customercare
mmack likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 2:32 pm

I always say yes to the satisfaction survey after the call. And as most agents are really helpful, I make sure to give them good reviews.

Good luck finding your agent!
Old Apr 21, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
I actually ask for a manager when I get a great CSR in all types of places. They are usually stunned to get a positive escalation and super happy -- and the CSR gets recognized immediately.
jsloan and narvik like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Despite some aspects of UA's customer care that could be better (looking at pretty much every EWR employee), I don't think it's as bad of a rep as it has gotten to be. Granted, it's easy to say when one has status and doesn't have to stand in those miserable customer care lines late at night when your flight has been canceled...but I do think most of the customer care folks are quite helpful. When my BIH-DEN flight was so late that it would mean blowing a connection to EWR, the 1K agent put me on BIH-SFO-EWR - with SFO-EWR being the last seat in J (I had bought an upgrade to F for DEN-EWR) without even hectoring me about different class of service, etc. I was very impressed by just trying to do right by the customer and not trying to nickel and dime me on things like fare class, etc. One of the main reasons why I am still trying to requalify for 1K this year, even though it is going to be a bit of a stretch - the 6+ years I have been 1K, I have generally had very good experiences with the customer care folks.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 6:53 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
I try to grab the name of everyone that I interact with in UA - FA, CS, etc....and then emphasizing them by name if/when I get a survey
For stuff that I feel is above an beyond - and since my expectations, in general, tend to be low - I will write directly to 1kvoice to mention the circumstances and names.

Although, sometimes I get a little worried that I might get someone in trouble to doing something that is helpful/nice but against policy - like an extra free drink
Old Apr 22, 2023, 11:44 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mfirst
... Although, sometimes I get a little worried that I might get someone in trouble to doing something that is helpful/nice but against policy - like an extra free drink
Just avoid the detail -- Employee XXXX provided exceptional service and made me feel like UA appreciates my business. How that was done is not the issue, the impact on your feelings toward UA is.
st530, abaheti, SPN Lifer and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 3:33 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Yes. Exactly
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.