FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA mileage credit for IROPS on other *A carrier, non-016 ticket - Jan 2019... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1950106-ua-mileage-credit-irops-other-carrier-non-016-ticket-jan-2019-a.html)

Task Force DL Jan 9, 2019 10:29 am

UA mileage credit for IROPS on other *A carrier, non-016 ticket - Jan 2019...

Hi Folks,

No experience with this on UA, especially as a UK-based flyer where PQD don't matter... I was booked on LH DME-MUC-LHR on Jan 6. The DME-MUC xld due to mx and I was rebooked on Aeroflot/LOT SVO-WAW-LHR. The flight was originally purchased in full J and we were rebooked in full J. How do I receive credit for these flights for PQMs and RDMs? Entering the LH ticket number on UA.com it says I am not entitled to mileage credit. I was credited properly for the outbound flight LHR-FRA-DME in J.

I have all of the documentation including boarding passes, rebooking itineraries from LH, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
TFD

drewguy Jan 9, 2019 10:39 am

Have you called in to UA to request ORC?

Or is this an LH issue for which you need to contact LH?

cfischer Jan 9, 2019 1:26 pm

It can be done, but it is very difficult as LH needs to agree to pay UA. Start with a manual (not automatic) mileage credit request pointing out there was an irop and you were invol rerouted OAL and you ask UA to work with LH on mileage credit. On a full J fare with 300% PQM it is IMO worth some hassle to get this resolved.

You should also be able to get Aeroflot miles on your Delta account.

Microwave Jan 9, 2019 4:26 pm

I've had this situation crop up just recently; an email to 1kvoice with a clear explanation of what happened, the original e-ticket confirmation and resultant IROPS boarding passes had the matter sorted within a few days. It's late so I can't decipher your profile sufficiently to determine whether you are currently 1K or were during some 20-year-long stint in the past, so if you're not then please forgive me. :)

Task Force DL Jan 10, 2019 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Microwave (Post 30634048)
I've had this situation crop up just recently; an email to 1kvoice with a clear explanation of what happened, the original e-ticket confirmation and resultant IROPS boarding passes had the matter sorted within a few days. It's late so I can't decipher your profile sufficiently to determine whether you are currently 1K or were during some 20-year-long stint in the past, so if you're not then please forgive me. :)

Thanks for this! Yes I am still a 1k and I sent an email to 1kvoice with the documentation. We'll see how this works.

TFD