Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA mileage credit for IROPS on other *A carrier, non-016 ticket - Jan 2019...

Old Jan 9, 19, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum

Hi Folks,

No experience with this on UA, especially as a UK-based flyer where PQD don't matter... I was booked on LH DME-MUC-LHR on Jan 6. The DME-MUC xld due to mx and I was rebooked on Aeroflot/LOT SVO-WAW-LHR. The flight was originally purchased in full J and we were rebooked in full J. How do I receive credit for these flights for PQMs and RDMs? Entering the LH ticket number on UA.com it says I am not entitled to mileage credit. I was credited properly for the outbound flight LHR-FRA-DME in J.

I have all of the documentation including boarding passes, rebooking itineraries from LH, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
TFD
Old Jan 9, 19, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Have you called in to UA to request ORC?

Or is this an LH issue for which you need to contact LH?
Old Jan 9, 19, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
It can be done, but it is very difficult as LH needs to agree to pay UA. Start with a manual (not automatic) mileage credit request pointing out there was an irop and you were invol rerouted OAL and you ask UA to work with LH on mileage credit. On a full J fare with 300% PQM it is IMO worth some hassle to get this resolved.

You should also be able to get Aeroflot miles on your Delta account.
Old Jan 9, 19, 5:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I've had this situation crop up just recently; an email to 1kvoice with a clear explanation of what happened, the original e-ticket confirmation and resultant IROPS boarding passes had the matter sorted within a few days. It's late so I can't decipher your profile sufficiently to determine whether you are currently 1K or were during some 20-year-long stint in the past, so if you're not then please forgive me.
Old Jan 10, 19, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Microwave View Post
I've had this situation crop up just recently; an email to 1kvoice with a clear explanation of what happened, the original e-ticket confirmation and resultant IROPS boarding passes had the matter sorted within a few days. It's late so I can't decipher your profile sufficiently to determine whether you are currently 1K or were during some 20-year-long stint in the past, so if you're not then please forgive me.
Thanks for this! Yes I am still a 1k and I sent an email to 1kvoice with the documentation. We'll see how this works.

TFD

Search this Thread
Search Engine: