FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1949505-have-simple-question-about-united-airlines-mileageplus-ask-here-2019-a.html)

StuckinITH Jan 6, 2019 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by flyguy6 (Post 30618303)
PHX-SFO-LIH. Can that happen if it is all domestic? I sure hope not. That would be a horrible start to our vacation!

Can happen too all domestic. My wife got it on a trip to LGA last year. Luckily, we were on different PNRs and I did not get the SSSS. It's just a random event as she's TSA PRE usually.

steveman518 Jan 6, 2019 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL (Post 30617654)

sorry about that and thanks for the response. It is actually NYC to JRO one way and the departure dates are June 15,16, 17 or 18th.

If you are originally meaning upgrading an economy cash ticket on TK using UA miles you are looking for a Star Alliance Upgrade Award

JaysonW Jan 6, 2019 3:50 pm

My wife has the Chase Explorer Card and I have the Chase Club Card. If we redeem award tickets using her MP account and pay the taxes/fees with my Club card, will we receive my card's perks or hers? (2 bags checked free, Premier Access, etc)

WineCountryUA Jan 6, 2019 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by JaysonW (Post 30619333)
My wife has the Chase Explorer Card and I have the Chase Club Card. If we redeem award tickets using her MP account and pay the taxes/fees with my Club card, will we receive my card's perks or hers? (2 bags checked free, Premier Access, etc)

Yes, this should qualify.

mahasamatman Jan 6, 2019 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by JaysonW (Post 30619333)
If we redeem award tickets using her MP account and pay the taxes/fees with my Club card, will we receive my card's perks or hers?

It should be based on the card used for payment, so it would be yours.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 30619353)
Yes, this should qualify.

It was an either/or question, not a yes/no.

Ocn Vw 1K Jan 6, 2019 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by SLINKYTRAVEL (Post 30617654)

sorry about that and thanks for the response. It is actually NYC to JRO one way and the departure dates are June 15,16, 17 or 18th.

If you're planning to book an original saver business award, for that period of time, united.com is only showing business saver available on 16 or 17 June and on Ethiopian or Ethiopian/Egyptair combos.

runchadrun Jan 7, 2019 2:41 pm

I booked an award business class LHR-LAX flight for July. It was standard award for 141K miles. Out of curiosity I just looked again and it's now 104K miles. If I want to get that lower price do I need to cancel the ticket and rebook and pay the redeposit fee? I have no status so, if it applies, it looks like the redeposit fee is $75. Paying $75 to get 37k miles back seems like an excellent deal.

findark Jan 7, 2019 3:08 pm

You should be able to call and change for the refund, but yes either way you should be charged $75.

Zorak Jan 7, 2019 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by findark (Post 30624076)
You should be able to call and change for the refund, but yes either way you should be charged $75.

... unless it was booked recently enough that 24 hour cancellation applies

flymetokix Jan 7, 2019 6:21 pm

Are tickets booked through the United Website for itineraries that end up completely on *A partners (e.g. in the case I am considering, LH) always issued on 016 ticket stock? After all these years I realized I had never booked a ticket via .bomb that didn't have at least one UA segment, and all of those tickets did end up on 016. Thanks.

Kacee Jan 7, 2019 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by flymetokix (Post 30624865)
Are tickets booked through the United Website for itineraries that end up completely on *A partners (e.g. in the case I am considering, LH) always issued on 016 ticket stock?

Yes.

fumje Jan 7, 2019 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by flymetokix (Post 30624865)
Are tickets booked through the United Website for itineraries that end up completely on *A partners (e.g. in the case I am considering, LH) always issued on 016 ticket stock? After all these years I realized I had never booked a ticket via .bomb that didn't have at least one UA segment, and all of those tickets did end up on 016. Thanks.

Tickets booked on United's website are always 016.

Repooc17 Jan 8, 2019 6:35 am

A transcon flight more than three months away has no availability in Y other than flexible tix (Y1, YN1, N1; otherwise 0s for all other econ fare codes). P fare availability went from P2 to P1 without any seating being sold in J. In Y, all seats appear to be taken in E-.

How can this be?

mahasamatman Jan 8, 2019 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 30626731)
P fare availability went from P2 to P1 without any seating being sold in J.

Unless you work for United and have a complete history or the flight, there is no way to know if this is true. The seat map is useless, as many people buy tickets without seat assignments. Alternately, Revenue Management can decide to adjust the fare buckets at any time - for example, a flight can easily go P0-P9-P0 in a short time as RM works their black magic.

Originally Posted by Repooc17 (Post 30626731)
How can this be?

Are you asking how United can sell out a flight? Well, that's what airlines always strive to do.

Repooc17 Jan 8, 2019 8:07 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 30626960)
Are you asking how United can sell out a flight? Well, that's what airlines always strive to do.

Haha!

Just surprised all E- seats are already fully occupied (and some E+ seats) so far in advance maybe reservations from large group? The cheapest Y ticket is now $1,944 one-way (flex).