Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premium Plus Fare in GDS (for sale starting 3 Dec 2018, travel after 30 March 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DetroitFlyer
UA PP mini site online, thanks @coolbeans202
http://view.ceros.com/united/premiumplus/p/1
  • United® Premium Plus will be available for sale beginning December 3 for travel March 30 and beyond.
  • Long-haul flights that will offer United® Premium Plus include trans-Pacific flights, trans-Atlantic flights and flights from the U.S. to these South American destinations: Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, São Paulo. For a complete list of planned PP markets, see the press release below.
  • Revenue Premium Plus fare codes are O, A, and R.
  • Award Premium Plus fare code is ON.
  • Upgrade Premium Plus fare code is RN.
  • Earn 150% Premier qualifying miles and 1.5 Premier qualifying segments when you purchase a fare in United® Premium Plus.
  • Upgrade instruments (GPU or miles+cash) can be used to upgrade to PE and/or J. There will be no fare class restriction for Y -> PE upgrades, and no fare class restriction for PE -> J upgrades.
  • If a pax requests an upgrade to either cabin, and clears into the PE cabin, they will remain waitlisted for the J cabin but the instrument will considered used for the PE upgrade (except miles+cash is expected to have a separate upgrade chart and a partial refund will be issued in this case).
  • PE fares will delegate to B (Economy) on UA domestic sectors and will allow free E+, and lowest available up to Y/U/Q on partner metal sectors with a UA code.

United Airlines Announces Sale Date for United® Premium Plus, Airline's Premium Economy Offering

CHICAGO, Nov. 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, United Airlines announced that its newest premium seating, United® Premium Plus will be on sale beginning December 3, for travel on select international flights starting March 30, 2019. The new premium economy experience will be available on 21 routes by the end of May 2019.

"United® Premium Plus gives our customers more options so they can choose the best experience that fits their wants and needs when they travel," said Andrew Nocella, United's executive vice president and chief commercial officer. "United® Premium Plus includes some of our high-end amenities from United Polaris, and is the perfect option for someone who wants an upgraded experience in the Economy cabin."

Customers traveling in United® Premium Plus will enjoy an elevated travel experience before their flight even leaves the ground, receiving complimentary standard checked bags, as well as Premier Access check-in and priority boarding. United will also offer discounted entrance at United ClubSM locations for customers traveling in United® Premium Plus.

For more images visit United's media gallery on the United Hub.

Once on board, customers will enjoy a spacious seat with more legroom, elbow room and recline than a standard Economy Plus® or Economy seat, as well as a hearty welcome meal, mid-flight snacks and a pre-arrival dining service. In addition to beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages, liquor will also be complimentary in United® Premium Plus. Customers will also receive an amenity kit, a Saks Fifth Avenue blanket and plush pillow, as well as noise-reducing headphones, making it easier to enjoy hundreds of hours of entertainment on larger seatback entertainment screens. Seats will also be equipped with individual power and USB outlets, dedicated overhead bins and extra storage for customers to keep devices at hand throughout their entire flight.

United®Premium Plus Aircraft and Routes

The new premium economy seats debuted on select Boeing 777-200ER and 777-300ER aircraft earlier this summer, and United took delivery of its first 787-10 aircraft earlier this month with United Polaris business class and United® Premium Plus seats installed. All aircraft with United® Premium Plus seats also feature the airline's signature United Polaris business class direct-aisle-access seats. On average, United is adding one aircraft with United Polaris business class and United® Premium Plus seating every 10 days from now through 2020.

Awards and Upgrades
In addition to purchasing a United® Premium Plus seat, MileagePlus members will have the option to book award travel in United® Premium Plus by using their MileagePlus miles. For upgrades, either a single Global Premier Upgrade or a MileagePlus Upgrade Award can be used to move up to a United® Premium Plus seat or to United's Polaris business class cabin. For more information on United's premium economy experience visit united.com/PremiumPlus.
Print Wikipost

Premium Plus Fare in GDS (for sale starting 3 Dec 2018, travel after 30 March 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by EWR764
That's correct. Andrew Nocella spoke at an investor conference this week and offered some insight on the Premium Plus product. Specifically that 77W and 787-10 routes will be the first to sell PP because of the assurance of actually delivering the hard product.

Transcript here: https://seekingalpha.com/article/422...ls?part=single
A propos of nothing, he uses the word "So" far too frequently, especially to begin sentences.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drewguy
A propos of nothing, he uses the word "So" far too frequently, especially to begin sentences.
Maybe he's a FT user. Tons of people start posts on FT with "So".
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by drewguy
Me too... I remember reading one of my first deposition transcripts and being horrified at how many times I lead sentences off with "OK" or "So"!
greg99 and nnn like this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Found this on the home page this morning. I don't remember seeing it yesterday: United® Premium Plus

Here is what it says on upgrades and PQM's:

Earn Premier® qualifying credit, lifetime miles and award miles based on your fare.
Premier® qualifying credit, lifetime miles award miles
Earn 150% Premier qualifying miles and 1.5 Premier qualifying segments when you purchase a fare in United® Premium Plus.
150% Premier qualifying miles 1.5 Premier qualifying segments

More upgrade options:
MileagePlus Premier® members can still use 1 Global Premier Upgrade to move from United Economy® to a United® Premium Plus seat or upgrade to the United Polaris® business class cabin.
All MileagePlus members in United Economy can still request an upgrade to the United Polaris® business class cabin using a MileagePlus Upgrade Award, and will be able to request to move to a United® Premium Plus seat as well.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Upgrade page updated as well, so you can waitlist PP for free on W and up?

United® Premium Plus: For members traveling on upgrade-eligible fares, there will be no fare class restriction for members who purchase a United Economy seat and request a move to a United® Premium Plus seat, and no fare class restriction for members who purchase a United® Premium Plus seat and request an upgrade to the United Polaris® business class cabin.
mrt88 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1k
The upgrade website now mentions
  • System-wide, all MileagePlus members seated in United Economy can use a single MileagePlus Upgrade Award request to move to a United® Premium Plus seat or upgrade to the United Polaris business class cabin.
  • If you'd like to be considered for a move to a United® Premium Plus seat or for an upgrade to the United Polaris business class cabin, we’ll move you to the first available seat. If the first available seat is a United® Premium Plus seat, we’ll continue to look for space in the United Polaris business class cabin.
  • If you requested an upgrade to the United Polaris business class cabin, and we moved you to a United® Premium Plus seat, we’ll refund the difference in co-pay and miles after departure.
  • Members requesting a MileagePlus Upgrade Award to a United® Premium Plus seat only will not be waitlisted for United First on portions of their itinerary that do not contain United® Premium Plus.
  • Members who have purchased United® Premium Plus upgrade-eligible fares will also be able to request an upgrade to the United Polaris business class cabin using a MileagePlus Upgrade Award.
  • United Polaris business class cabin upgrade requests for members who have purchased United® Premium Plus seats will be processed in priority order first, followed by upgrade requests for members who have purchased United Economy seats. Learn more about upgrade priority order.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
The upgrade website also includes this. Seems fare, since PP seats should be considered a higher "class" of service

Upgrade confirmation priority on flights with United® Premium Plus
On aircraft with United® Premium Plus, we’ll first process United Polaris business class or United Business waitlists for all members who have purchased United® Premium Plus seats, using the priority order listed above. We’ll then process waitlists for members with United Economy seats, using the same priority order.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gokeeper
Upgrade page updated as well, so you can waitlist PP for free on W and up?
I read that as -- you can use a GPU to go from any non-BE paid fare to P+ -- no W requirement. And, somewhat surprisingly (or perhaps not, given the prices), you can use a GPU to go from any P+ fare class to J.

It also says that all paid P+ customers will be ahead of all Y customers for upgrades -- so the effective upgrade order will be O, A, R, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K, G.

Originally Posted by mrt88
The upgrade website now mentions
Actually, that text is on the GPU page and separately on the MUA page.

Last edited by jsloan; Nov 30, 2018 at 10:01 am Reason: Removed inaccurate info
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
How about in plainer English

1. Passenger buys a W fare. Pledges a GPU. Will get PP right away (seat available) and still on Waitlist for Polaris. If Polaris doesn’t clear the GPU comes back

2. same as above but miles/copay. Could be moved to PP for free and if Polaris doesn’t clear the miles and $ is returned

3. Buy a S/T/K fare. Can use miles and $$ or GPU to go to PP, but not a GPU for Polaris

4. Buy lowest bin PP fare. Can use GPU for Polaris

all the above correct?

As an aside, PP being 150% PQM is one incentive not to fork out for a P Polaris fare as that now only will earn 150% PQM as well.
skipmnyc and chavala like this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
How about in plainer English

1. Passenger buys a W fare. Pledges a GPU. Will get PP right away (seat available) and still on Waitlist for Polaris. If Polaris doesn’t clear the GPU comes back

2. same as above but miles/copay. Could be moved to PP for free and if Polaris doesn’t clear the miles and $ is returned

3. Buy a S/T/K fare. Can use miles and $$ or GPU to go to PP, but not a GPU for Polaris

4. Buy lowest bin PP fare. Can use GPU for Polaris

all the above correct?

As an aside, PP being 150% PQM is one incentive not to fork out for a P Polaris fare as that now only will earn 150% PQM as well.
I think 1 and 2 are incorrect.

The way I read it, a GPU will be considered used if you start in Y and end up in P+ or J.

Also, the MUA page specifically says the difference in co-pay and miles will be refunded. So I expect they'll be a table for P+ upgrades, a separate table for J upgrades, and if you waitlist for J but end up in P+, you get the difference back.

I believe 3 & 4 are correct.

I also don't think the 150% PQMs on a P+ fare vs. a P fare are going to move the needle for many people. Domestically, I can see people deciding to pony up for a P fare to get the extra PQMs. On Polaris flights, though, the price difference is usually much greater, and the hard product is much different. I don't think many people are going to say, "Well, I really wanted the flat bed, but If I'm not going to get any extra PQMs, forget it!"
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
If PZ>0, can you still use a GPU and go directly to a J seat?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Seems close to the best of all possible worlds for the upgrade story, assuming the announcement holds:
  • R is upgrade-eligible to J cabin (beats LH where N is not)
  • Can still GPU from W to J cabin
  • Can optionally list for both higher cabins, and receive the optimal combination of both based on availability
  • R has priority over Y (okay, maybe not good for people on high Y fares on OPM and silly travel policies, but I will buy PE )
  • Separate upgrade award chart for Y -> PE (and maybe PE -> J?)
Also 150% PQM for all PE fares. Not sure what's not to like here.

Also noting.. I'm positive GPUing an Economy fare is going to be a restricted-inventory upgrade to PE, not last-seat.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eng3
If PZ>0, can you still use a GPU and go directly to a J seat?
It certainly seems so, from everything they've written thus far. No idea whether or not they'll choose to limit PZ inventory on P+ routes though.

Originally Posted by findark
Seems close to the best of all possible worlds for the upgrade story, assuming the announcement holds:
  • R has priority over Y (okay, maybe not good for people on high Y fares on OPM and silly travel policies, but I will buy PE )
Also noting.. I'm positive GPUing an Economy fare is going to be a restricted-inventory upgrade to PE, not last-seat.
I agree that there will be an upgrade bucket for Y->P+ GPUs (RN?)

I'm not going to celebrate until I verify that PZ inventory isn't significantly curtailed. . I've never waitlisted a GPU on UA and don't intend to start now, especially not on an R fare -- it's 2x+ the W fare on the routes I was looking at yesterday.
chavala likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be sad if a waitlisted GPU from a W fare that moves to P+ only (i.e. PZ never opens) is considered used. That seems like a double loss at the 'Woulette' table.
drewguy likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
I will be sad if a waitlisted GPU from a W fare that moves to P+ only (i.e. PZ never opens) is considered used. That seems like a double loss at the 'Woulette' table.
I think you need to prepare yourself for sadness. UA isn't likely to let people sit in P+ merely for having waitlisted an instrument.

It looks like you'll have the option of listing for J only or listing for J and P+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.