FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1940155-premium-plus-premium-economy-seats-experience.html)

Richym99 Jan 23, 2019 2:15 am

Tried these seats for the first time yesterday. Sat in the second row (21). Found that the foot rest is too high to allow my legs to rest on the leg rest at the same time. There is also bout four inches less space between the tray table and the seat, compared with business first seating. As a larger person that makes a huge difference.

No way at all I would ever pay for Premium economy or be upgraded into it, unless E+ was totally full and 3-4-3 seating.

elitefreak Jan 23, 2019 6:56 am

Originally Posted by whitethunder (Post 30688993)
sorry the bulkhead row legrest I believe would be too short for tall people, like most ones I have seen on planes that are connected to the seat

the second and third row they are not connected to your seat but come down from the seat in front so your big feet and legs and go over-top of them

Thanks!

Another question; it appears that the fold-up video screen in the bulkhead row may be smaller than the seatback screen in the other aisles. Is this correct?

Richym99 Jan 23, 2019 8:34 am

Originally Posted by elitefreak (Post 30690131)
Thanks!

Another question; it appears that the fold-up video screen in the bulkhead row may be smaller than the seatback screen in the other aisles. Is this correct?

Looking at the fold out screens and comparing them to seat back fitted screens I would say yes, but it could be an optical illusion.

sb3 Jan 23, 2019 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Richym99 (Post 30689446)
Tried these seats for the first time yesterday. Sat in the second row (21). Found that the foot rest is too high to allow my legs to rest on the leg rest at the same time.

Was the foot rest attached to the leg rest or to the back of the seat from row 20?

elitefreak Jan 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by sb3 (Post 30692901)
Was the foot rest attached to the leg rest or to the back of the seat from row 20?

i believe only the bulkhead seats have the legrest.

WineCountryUA Jan 23, 2019 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by elitefreak (Post 30692977)
i believe only the bulkhead seats have the legrest.

Believe that is incorrect

Originally Posted by whitethunder (Post 30674018)
just flew on these and the legrest is connected to the seat in the bulkhead row, not to the seat in front like other 2 rows I prefer the latter with my two frame but to each his own.

Originally Posted by Richym99 (Post 30689446)
.... No way at all I would ever pay for Premium economy or be upgraded into it, unless E+ was totally full and 3-4-3 seating.

If your 777 has PremuimPlus, it has 3-4-3
787 all have 3-3-3 but is a narrower cabin

sb3 Jan 23, 2019 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 30693030)

Thanks WineCountry. Do we know if the seats are the same on the 787 and 777?

WineCountryUA Jan 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by sb3 (Post 30693119)
Thanks WineCountry. Do we know if the seats are the same on the 787 and 777?

Have not flown all the variations but considering the footrest is a key feature of the offering, I suspect if anyone have found a PP without footrest we would have heard about it.

windhund Jan 23, 2019 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by elitefreak (Post 30690131)
Thanks!

When I flew in a PP bulkhead and compared it to the screens behind me, it appeared smaller to me. But it wasn’t significant enough that I would avoid a bulkhead seat because of it.

elitefreak Jan 23, 2019 9:42 pm

I stand corrected. The Points Guy review clearly shows legrest in non- bulkhead.

Kacee Jan 23, 2019 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by elitefreak (Post 30693229)
I stand corrected. The Points Guy review clearly shows legrest in non- bulkhead.

I believe this is a distinguishing feature of UA's PE compared to some other carriers, which provide legrest only in bulkhead.

cesco.g Jan 23, 2019 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30693329)
I believe this is a distinguishing feature of UA's PE compared to some other carriers, which provide legrest only in bulkhead.

indeed, if this is the case. IIRC, AA features legrest only in the bulkhead row of their Premium E cabin.

WineCountryUA Jan 23, 2019 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by elitefreak (Post 30693229)

Gald to hear TPG has validated FT posters :D

Richym99 Jan 24, 2019 3:14 am

Originally Posted by sb3 (Post 30692901)

The footrest in row 21 and 22 is attached to the bottom of the seat in front.. When not in use it folds up, and to deploy it you have to lift it up. It appears to only drop about 4" though, still a bit high for comfort. To be honest, I had trouble figuring it out, and the FA was as clueless when I asked her how they were lowered.

Richym99 Jan 24, 2019 3:24 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 30693030)

If your 777 has PremuimPlus, it has 3-4-3
787 all have 3-3-3 but is a narrower cabin

My point was that I would be more comfortable in an aisle seat in 3-4-3 with an empty seat beside me than in PE. As it was, on the way backfrom SFO, both myself and my travelling companion ended up spending part of the flight in empty rows of Y- where we could at least stretch out.