FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1940155-premium-plus-premium-economy-seats-experience.html)

Unitedloyalflyer Sep 20, 2023 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jiatong (Post 35598081)
So basically, Prem plus on a 777, over the water, is like domestic business class with maybe Polaris meals & beverages?

that is very close to how int'l PP is

zombietooth Sep 20, 2023 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by sfvoyage (Post 35551415)
Yes, NH PE gets exactly the same food as Y. Having said that, NH's vegetarian meals are wonderful (VLML and VGML) even in PY/Y - fresh, nutritious, delicious, and beautifully plated.

And UA's Polaris food isn't palatable. Take your own when flying Polaris is how I roll.

ARR72 Sep 20, 2023 11:22 pm

Is there no underseat storage in row 20, ie, personal item must be stowed overhead?

WineCountryUA Sep 21, 2023 7:31 am

Originally Posted by ARR72 (Post 35599337)
Is there no underseat storage in row 20, ie, personal item must be stowed overhead?

Correct and really there is very little in the other rows due to the foot rest.

SFO777 Oct 13, 2023 7:38 am

If one buys a Premium Economy ticket on international flight with a domestic connection, is one entitled to Economy Plus seating on the domestic leg?

Kensterfly Oct 13, 2023 8:14 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 35660516)
If one buys a Premium Economy ticket on international flight with a domestic connection, is one entitled to Economy Plus seating on the domestic leg?

You’d think…

You don’t even get E+ domestic when you’re International BUSINESS class.

Unitedloyalflyer Oct 13, 2023 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Kensterfly (Post 35660626)
You’d think…

You don’t even get E+ domestic when you’re International BUSINESS class.

If it books into B fare (which it does on a cash ticket), you get free E+

Sometimes, J connections book into Y for some reason

SFO777 Oct 13, 2023 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer (Post 35660645)
Sometimes, J connections book into Y for some reason

How about an award ticket? Thanks

Unitedloyalflyer Oct 13, 2023 8:42 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 35660658)
How about an award ticket? Thanks

only for cash tickets

sobore Oct 13, 2023 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer (Post 35660645)

Is this true for anything purchased in B? Are there other fare buckets that automatically book into E+?

SFO777 Oct 14, 2023 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer (Post 35660714)
only for cash tickets

Thank you.

findark Oct 14, 2023 10:52 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 35660516)

Yes, but as mentioned only for a cash ticket and only if the domestic sector delegates to B (it should).

Originally Posted by sobore (Post 35660981)
Is this true for anything purchased in B? Are there other fare buckets that automatically book into E+?

It requires B class and a Premium Economy underlying fare type (Zxx). An Economy type B fare (B- basis) won't grant E+, but UA files "E+ fares" which are domestic fares of Premium Economy type in the GDS with a primary rdb of B that permit assignment in E+.

GourmetFlyer Oct 14, 2023 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jiatong (Post 35598081)
So basically, Prem plus on a 777, over the water, is like domestic business class with maybe Polaris meals & beverages?

You get a little bit more, such as Saks Fifth Avenue bedding, a nicer pillow, good quality slippers same as those in Polaris, an amenity kit, and noise reduction headphones... among probably a couple of other perks that I cannot remember...

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ec24d7b208.jpg

JimInOhio Oct 15, 2023 2:17 am

Originally Posted by GourmetFlyer (Post 35664471)
You get a little bit more, such as Saks Fifth Avenue bedding, a nicer pillow, good quality slippers same as those in Polaris, an amenity kit, and noise reduction headphones... among probably a couple of other perks that I cannot remember...

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ec24d7b208.jpg

Despite whatever name they put on it, it’s just a basic airplane blanket. You can’t have “bedding” without a bed, right?

dwcatty Oct 16, 2023 5:07 am

Ok, another "should I sit in the bulkhead or not" question. Now that UA has gone to one configuration on the 777, how is the 'cut thru' factor in row 20? Flying overnight EWR-CDG with my wife and none of the two seat window/aisles are available - sucks, but that's the way it is. We can be in 20, 21 or 22, as either a D/E or an F/G. I don't care about the IFE - all I'm going to do is eat and try to sleep. If the space in front of the row 20 seats isn't used as a walkway I think I'd go for that. Any thoughts?