Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any rationale for UA status holders to have UA Club CC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any rationale for UA status holders to have UA Club CC?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by uastarflyer

i have non status family members travel with me that seemingly random bennies - free bags, BG2 etc. Perhaps it is absolute if the non status is traveling on their own PNR.

As to the thread premise - domestic club access with a family of 4 is why I have Club. The other benefits just help justify it even more.
If they're on your PNR they they get your bennies.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
If they're on your PNR they they get your bennies.
That's what I thought and I'm pretty sure that's an advertised benefit. In fact the chase website states "Premier Access: The primary Cardmember and companions traveling on the same reservation are eligible for Premier Access®"
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by VWang1111
Can anyone else confirm that this still works. I thought they got rid of award tickets inheriting status years ago.

So, what happens is if you leave United FF number BLANK and book award ticket from account connected to Club card, system defaults the MP number of Club Card holder (regardless of who is traveling) and bestows these juicy benefits. I can confirm several instances of this happening. Perhaps it's a system bug, but it works! Used Premier Access several times for friends and family. Only benefit I didn't see is getting added to Upgrade List. United has different systems for different benefits (each with quirk of their own). Try it for yourself. There's little benefit of adding General Member's FF to award ticket, leave it blank and see what happens.....
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I have it. I fly United a lot but 90% of that is domestically so the UC access is nice. I also get some incidental benefits from being Hyatt Discoverist (low tier) and Hertz Presidents Circle.

Also when I was merely Premier Silver and flying Star Alliance the card got me into Star Business lounges I otherwise wouldn't have been able to access.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Also, I see them turning away pass holders at IAD frequently.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
I gave up my United Club card last year and don't miss it. The clubs regularly annoyed me with bad service, expensive drinks and full or rude people. The only service I benefited from was when there was an IROPS and the desk in there could often help. I have a couple of club passes from the Explorer card that I keep for such emergencies.
Often1 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:53 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
I think the club card option is worth it. Because if you paid for the club it would be more money than the annual fee.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by skyccord
I think the club card option is worth it. Because if you paid for the club it would be more money than the annual fee.
One time pass is what? $59?

The OP states travel pattern = 4 times a year domestic flight = $236 + international (complementary)

Annual fee = $450

Not sure if worth it.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:08 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Repooc17
One time pass is what? $59?

The OP states travel pattern = 4 times a year domestic flight = $236 + international (complementary)

Annual fee = $450

Not sure if worth it.
Only if international is BC/FC flight which OP didn't specify.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Only if international is BC/FC flight which OP didn't specify.
OP is already *G, so complementary lounge access on international flights even in Y.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:18 pm
formerly skyccord

Originally Posted by Repooc17
OP is already *G, so complementary lounge access on international flights even in Y.
WHAT?!!?!?!? I thought that was only on partner airlines?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WHAT?!!?!?!? I thought that was only on partner airlines?
https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.