Wiki Posts
Search

SFO - CDG Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
SFO - CDG Aircraft

I will be flying UA990, SFO-CDG on Tuesday 10/23. The seat map changed yesterday and it doesn't appear to match any of the listed 777 configs. Can anyone check and confirm which config this might be? I just can't match it up.

Thanks!
Bruce
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BruceWG
I will be flying UA990, SFO-CDG on Tuesday 10/23. The seat map changed yesterday and it doesn't appear to match any of the listed 777 configs. Can anyone check and confirm which config this might be? I just can't match it up.
That's a 772 with Premium Economy. If you're in J, or can score a seat in rows 20-22, it's a big upgrade (and if you're not, you should grab one of those aisles in row 21 or 22).

Last edited by Kacee; Oct 21, 2018 at 4:20 pm Reason: corrected
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM

Thanks!
Bruce
It is a retrofitted 777 with true Polaris seats and Premium Economy (rows 20-22) If you are in J, you got a nice surprise. If you are in Y (other than rows 20-22)........
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks....afraid I've been a lowly Silver for a while so, yes I'm in Y with the opportunity to move at T24. We'll see how it goes. Appreciate the replies.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks....afraid I've been a lowly Silver for a while so, yes I'm in Y with the opportunity to move at T24. We'll see how it goes. Appreciate the replies.
I would be hitting that seatmap at exactly T-24.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA lowly commoner
Hey, thanks for posting! As a not-very-frequent flyer (5 RTs this year), I never expected to see somebody posting about a flight I'm on, but that's my flight. Of course, as a result of the equipment change I've been moved to an even less pleasant cattle class seat than the one I'd picked. Thanks to your alert, I moved to something vaguely acceptable and will be checking tomorrow afternoon to see if some Silver has managed to move up and vacate something preferable for poor old no-status me. If not, Ambien will help!
narvik, jsloan and mrt88 like this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Giggleswick
Hey, thanks for posting! As a not-very-frequent flyer (5 RTs this year), I never expected to see somebody posting about a flight I'm on, but that's my flight. Of course, as a result of the equipment change I've been moved to an even less pleasant cattle class seat than the one I'd picked. Thanks to your alert, I moved to something vaguely acceptable and will be checking tomorrow afternoon to see if some Silver has managed to move up and vacate something preferable for poor old no-status me. If not, Ambien will help!
I don't know what UA is asking for those row 20-22 PE seats as an E+ fee, but it's probably worth it for a 10 hour flight.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
It was $229 for ORD-PVG, which I paid for my son who had no status. I guess that it is less for shorter flights.
narvik likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:54 pm

It's about $200 for the row 20-22 seats, and it would be lovely. But, sadly, I'm much more price-sensitive than the average FTer. Fortunately, Ambien works for me, so I'll only be awake for about 2 or 3 of those hours, and I can console myself by reminding myself that the fare was only $450. (It's the pay-for-first-checked-bag fare, but I'm going carry-on only.)

Last edited by Giggleswick; Oct 21, 2018 at 9:59 pm
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
I would be hitting that seatmap at exactly T-24.
You better believe it!

Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Giggleswick
Check at T24 plus about one minute....with any luck 34C/D will be available!

Bruce
jsloan likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:57 am

Check at T24 plus about one minute....with any luck 34C/D will be available!
Thanks for the heads-up. But unless I'm confused (always a possibility), the seat map shows row 34 as E+.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

I was able to get seats in row 20 for my wife and myself - thank you all for the input. Gigglewsick - you are right 34 does show up as E+. I'm guessing that due to the change in seat map it was not E+ when I first selected seats and they didn't move us at the change. I didn't notice that until I checked in.
jsloan, findark and narvik like this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:39 pm

Congratulations, Bruce. I did manage to get something a bit better than before: a G seat not too close to the lavatories. I like G because the I prefer to have the aisle on my right and if I'm lucky only one person will want to crawl over me, as opposed to the aisle seat in the side sections where there are always two people needing to do so. We peasants back in E- can be satisfied with so little. Bon voyage!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I am looking at the seat map and rows 20-22 are E+ but only two on the side vs three further down
is that because of the retrofit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.