FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1932961-updates-mp-premier-program-1k-pqd-15k-p-fare-150-fewer-rpu-bag-waiver-more.html)

BullishGS Sep 28, 2018 11:06 am

Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, fewer RPU, Bag waiver & more

Changes were just announced that starting 2019, Premier 1K status now requires $15k PQD spend (up from $12k)
Seems to be an aftermath effect of adding pre-board benefit to 1K.

In addition to the higher spend requirements, changes to upgrades starting in 2019:
-Total possible RPU earnings will be capped at 4 per year (2 for Plat, 2 more for 1K)
-6 GPUs will be earned upon reaching 1K, 1 per 25K PQM after.

Perhaps they're getting ready for Premium Plus??

Post from ThePointsGuy: https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...ts-premier-1k/

narvik Sep 28, 2018 11:08 am

Great. Not.
Thanks for posting though.

FL390 Sep 28, 2018 11:10 am

I'm more upset about the RPU's going away after the first 4. Not that I have ever been able to use them all its still a major reduction in benefits.

HNLbasedFlyer Sep 28, 2018 11:12 am

After reading the new boarding perk for 1K's you'd think half the plane is 1K - so, not surprised the spend is going higher.

FreFly Sep 28, 2018 11:17 am

Originally Posted by erickliu (Post 30256978)
Changes were just announced that starting 2019, Premier 1K status now requires $15k PQD spend (up from $12k)
Seems to be an aftermath effect of adding pre-board benefit to 1K.

Can I keep the old $12K spend if I board with Plats? :)

BThumme Sep 28, 2018 11:20 am

sucks for me.

zymm Sep 28, 2018 11:25 am

I wonder what % of 1k this will demote? Anyway, welcome to Platinum everyone, it's like Gold, but with a slightly different atomic number!

JHake10 Sep 28, 2018 11:27 am

I'll be dropping from 1K to Gold in 2019. At first I was bummed. But then I realized I applied RPUs to most flights and they didn't clear, CPUs aren't a thing really, and the 77W in Econ is awful. I've been flying more SQ recently.

WineCountryUA Sep 28, 2018 11:27 am

MileagePlus Updates

This page is currently down for maintenance.
Please try again later.

GoSh4rks Sep 28, 2018 11:30 am

The P PQM reduction hurts the most.

gokeeper Sep 28, 2018 11:35 am

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks (Post 30257076)
The P PQM reduction hurts the most.

This.

narvik Sep 28, 2018 11:35 am

2 things:

1) The 150% PQM on "P" fare is a real thing then! :(

2) With a PQD requirement of $15000 I predict many will, ahem, move to an overseas address?

Hartmann Sep 28, 2018 11:42 am

The 150% PQM P fares isn't great, but lately it has mostly been Z fares for me, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think the $15k requirement isn't great, especially with a downgrade in RPUs (even though they aren't really all that usable).

What matters is how they implement this true Prem Plus class. If it is a modest price difference internationally but gives you a guaranteed GPU upgrade to biz, then I will likely be happy. But if it's a significant price delta with the same GPU lottery that we have today to get into biz, I am much less likely to bite.

UA Insider Sep 28, 2018 11:43 am

Updates to MP Premier Program -1K PQD $15K, P fare 150%, few RPUs, Bag waiver & more

Today we’re introducing a few updates for members with MileagePlus Premier® status — some of which are already in effect and some that will come later. These updates include added benefits related to boarding groups and baggage allowances, as well as adjustments to our upgrade structure and Premier 1K® status qualification requirements.

Better boarding

Effective on September 18, 2018

· Premier® 1K® members will be called to board during pre-boarding ahead of Group 1

· Premier Gold members will now board with Boarding Group1, previous in Group 2

Baggage allowance for Premier members

Effective on September 28, 2018:

All Premier® members, regardless of Premier status, will receive the same standard weight allowance for checked baggage: 70 lbs. (32 kg.)

Additionally:

· All Premier members flying in United Business®, United First®, or United Polaris® business class are allowed up to three bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

· Premier Gold members flying in United Economy® between the U.S. and Europe are allowed three bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

· Premier Silver members flying in United Economy between the U.S. and Europe are allowed two bags with a maximum weight of 70 lbs. (32 kg) per bag.

Premier qualification requirements

Effective on January 1, 2019:

· Premier qualification dollar (PQD) requirement for Premier 1K status will be raised from $12,000 to $15,000.

· P-class fares will earn 150% Premier qualifying miles (PQM), reduced from 200%.

Premier upgrades

Effective on January 1, 2019:

· The way a Premier 1K member earns additional upgrades will be changing. For every 25,000 Premier qualifying miles (PQM) or 30 Premier qualifying segments (PQS) after qualifying for Premier 1K status, we’ll add one Global Premier Upgrades into your account. No additional Regional Premier Upgrades can be earned after qualifying for Premier 1K status.

More details can be found here: www.mileageplusupdates.com

- UA Insider

Hartmann Sep 28, 2018 11:45 am

Appreciate the update information but it feels like a general downgrade for 1Ks. With no news on how the new premium economy class will work internationally with upgrades and such, it is hard to say now that these are positive changes.