Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Posted (post-flight) Incorrect miles and PQD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 4:55 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Hi All,

Each time when I purchase ticket I take screenshot on my phone with trip accruals. Just to see how many PQDs and miles I will get closer to 1K.
Today out of boredom I've compared my screenshot with actual miles and PQDs that I've got from my trip couple of days ago.
Part of my flight was on Lufthansa. In the screenshot I have Award Miles 3191, PQM 2744, PQS 1 and PQD $399.
What I'm seeing in the UA app is that for this flight I've got: Award Miles 1936, PQM 2744, PQS 1 and PQD $242.
What's the problem? I haven't changed my flights, took all my flights as booked. Why I've got less miles and $150 less in PQDs?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
UA will tell you these numbers you see after booking are just estimates. IME, these mostly are the same as what posts at the end. The system has screwed up for me in last minute IRROPS changes, though a quick call has always gotten me back to what it was supposed to be. The only other real difference I’ve seen is how the specific segments add up on multi-segment trips. The breakdowns sometimes change, but aside from something like PQD on a segment rounding up vs. down, the system has always given me the correct total miles.

To check what it should be, on your e-receipt, look at the airfare line, plus fuel surcharges (YQ) line if applicable on your trip - that should add up to your total PQD for the trip. If it doesn’t, then something posted wrong, and a call to the MPSC should fix it. Then use the multiplier based on your status for RDM

Also, if this was the outbound of a round trip, breakdown may be different, and the lower amount you got now may be made up for with a higher amount on the round trip. This is particularly true if the fare classes for outbound and return are different.

So the questions I would have before being able to give the most accurate answer is what is the full itinerary booked (including connecting flights)? What have you flown so far? What was the total cost of airfare and YQ? And what is your status. I’d hang on before all segments on the trip post to call in - the amount will likely be made up for a later. At least that’s my experience.
bwiadca likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bwiadca
What's the problem? I haven't changed my flights, took all my flights as booked. Why I've got less miles and $150 less in PQDs?
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Also, if this was the outbound of a round trip, breakdown may be different, and the lower amount you got now may be made up for with a higher amount on the round trip. This is particularly true if the fare classes for outbound and return are different.
I'm in the same boat; none of the LH segments I flew matched the pre-flight estimates. The return flight isn't for a few months, but I've added the difference to my tracking spreadsheet so I know to contact MPSC if it doesn't work out in the end. I'd suggest you do the same.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:25 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

As suggested, just counted my $ spent and it doesn't match up.

$1461 paid on airfare (not including taxes)
$1306 awarded in PQDs
This is what I've got from this trip in PQDs
$29
$562
$242 - supposed to be $399
$188
$271
$14

I've completed my RT so I can contact UA. But now I'm wondering how many times they did me like that? I took this trip 7 times this year and never thought to check PQDs.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bwiadca
As suggested, just counted my $ spent and it doesn't match up.

$1461 paid on airfare (not including taxes)
$1306 awarded in PQDs
This is what I've got from this trip in PQDs
$29
$562
$242 - supposed to be $399
$188
$271
$14

I've completed my RT so I can contact UA. But now I'm wondering how many times they did me like that? I took this trip 7 times this year and never thought to check PQDs.
Could be each time! Good reason to start a spreadsheet.

If you have your eticket receipts in email, usually they show a PQ_ summary, which you can easily use to cross-check. Sometimes the receipt omits that part, in which case you can compare the price breakdown to your credited PQD and award miles. Don't worry about per-segment, but the PQD for all segments on the ticket should sum to the ticket price less all taxes.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:50 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

I've sent email to United with couple of screen shots yesterday afternoon, by evening my missing miles and PQD were added to my account.
jsloan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.