Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Tickets with Segments on Juneyao Metal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Tickets with Segments on Juneyao Metal?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gdw
The United agent told me to book the Juneyao flight separately.
This was terrible advice and caused all of the other problems that you describe.

Booking flights separately eliminates all of your protections for delay; it also eliminates any requirement that Juneyao (HO) honor United's baggage policy.

Any time you are dealing with multiple airlines, it's essential to make sure that the reservation tickets properly, and the time to do that is within the first 24 hours. (The general IATA rule provides 72 hours for airlines to confirm reservations, but a *A policy limits it to 24). If UA can't ticket an HO flight, your best bet is to find another route / carrier.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry to jump in on this-but i have a flight shenzhen to shonai via shanghai and tokyo.
the leg shanghai haneda is juneyao.
will i get lounge access as a star gold?as a connecting flight seems it will be ok but wanted to ck?
thanks
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry to jump in on this-but i have a flight shenzhen to shonai via shanghai and tokyo.
will i get lounge access as a star gold?as a connecting flight seems it will be ok but wanted to ck?
thanks
To have access to *A lounge as *G you need to be departing that airport on a *A member flight
Juneyao is not a *A member, it is a Connecting Partner
Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks
From my experience in HKG and PVG its no problem.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
I have a flight on Juneyao tomorrow via MP award and I’m unable to check-in because I don’t have a Chinese phone number. Has anyone had any issues with checking in at the airport?

Does anyone know how I can check if there’s anything wrong with my ticket/it exists on the Juneyao site?
Old May 31, 2019, 1:08 am

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Have you tried calling the airline? Chances are they will be able to route you to an English speaking agent; most companies in China have that ability.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by SFHokie
Have you tried calling the airline? Chances are they will be able to route you to an English speaking agent; most companies in China have that ability.
No, my super limited Chinese didn’t permit me to find a phone number or any contact information...
Old May 31, 2019, 1:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by pnt1

No, my super limited Chinese didn’t permit me to find a phone number or any contact information...
Don't you have Google (or any other search engine)?

It took me less than 5 seconds to find this:
021-95520
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by pnt1

Uh, Google Translate is your friend in these types of situations. Unless you're in mainland China, then use Bing Translate or Baidu Translate ... in any case, and future reference, just look for 电话 on the web site. Even better, just look for the country flag and click it; most non-American web sites, especially travel related ones, have their sites fully translated into English and use the flag icon as a metaphor for what language is displayed.

Originally Posted by moondog
Don't you have Google (or any other search engine)?

It took me less than 5 seconds to find this:
021-95520
Don't forget the +86 country code

Also, many numbers for the airline can be found on this page: http://www.en.juneyao.com/ContactUs.htm
pnt1 likes this.

Last edited by SFHokie; Jun 4, 2019 at 1:55 am Reason: Pasted the wrong URL link
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
google in China

You cannot use any Google site or App in China. So, Baidu is an alternative, but not very good.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Kmxu
You cannot use any Google site or App in China. So, Baidu is an alternative, but not very good.
I use Google all the time here.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by moondog
I use Google all the time here.
As do I ... but also use Bing when not wanting to "work around things".

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Absolutely incorrect. I'm in mainland China and I have an Android phone. I listen to Play Music all the time and watch videos on Play Movies + TV app. Heck, I even use a Chromecast at home to watch YouTube on my television. You just need to know how to work around things. Just like knowing how to look for the little flag (or two letter language designator like EN or ZH) to change a language on a web site to one you can understand, as is the case for the Juneyao web site. (It's in the upper right of their home page.)
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Help!!

I thought everything was fine but now I'm worried!

I am flying XMN-PVG-ORD-IAH on Thursday. I booked on United but my first flight is domestic within China on Juneyao. I am *G. What will be my baggage allowance?

Reading the board here it looks like they'll allow me to have Baggage benefits but the website gives me zero idea what that would be, and I cant get the phone number to work. I live in China so it's a “local” call and it won't connect. I need to know if I can have 2 checked bags and a carry-on like United allows!

Please help!!
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by undergrace
I thought everything was fine but now I'm worried!

I am flying XMN-PVG-ORD-IAH on Thursday. I booked on United but my first flight is domestic within China on Juneyao. I am *G. What will be my baggage allowance?

Reading the board here it looks like they'll allow me to have Baggage benefits but the website gives me zero idea what that would be, and I cant get the phone number to work. I live in China so it's a “local” call and it won't connect. I need to know if I can have 2 checked bags and a carry-on like United allows!

Please help!!
What's your flight number? (Does it start with UA or HO)? Is this the outbound, a one-way, or the return of a round-trip? Economy class?

What does it say on your receipt?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan
What's your flight number? (Does it start with UA or HO)? Is this the outbound, a one-way, or the return of a round-trip? Economy class?

What does it say on your receipt?
It's my outbound on a round-trip - it's HO. My following 2 segments are UA and United metal. Yes, Economy class.

My receipt shows the standard United Gold allowance of 2 free checked bags 32kg. However, on the phone with United earlier an agent said since my initial flight is with Juneyao I must adhere to their baggage rules, not United's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.