FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   May 2018 Mile Play promo -- targeted book/travel X trips by 13 May, get Y miles, .... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1901008-may-2018-mile-play-promo-targeted-book-travel-x-trips-13-may-get-y-miles.html)

WineCountryUA Mar 29, 2018 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly (Post 29581723)
I doubt that any GS will get an offer here. They don't need to incent GS. Can anyone prove me wrong?

You may have a point, in scanning the three promo threads, only saw one case of GS (per profile) receiving an offer. (assuming the profile was valid at the time of posting)

There is a link for those wanting to double check eligibility.

walkerci Mar 29, 2018 6:56 pm

Its a scam!

My offer was fly 4 trips in Business or First for 8400 miles.

After registering I read:

" • Miles earned through this promotion do not count toward Premier status or Million Miler Status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles."

I want OUT immediately.

The only reason I would pay for Business or First is to get 1K and 2 MM status faster.

How stupid do they think we are?

sb3 Mar 29, 2018 6:57 pm

2 premium cabin trips, $1500 min/each for 9,000 miles. No, I didn't leave off a 0 from that generous bonus.

Polytonic Mar 29, 2018 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by walkerci (Post 29582474)

" • Miles earned through this promotion do not count toward Premier status or Million Miler Status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles."

I want OUT immediately.

The only reason I would pay for Business or First is to get 1K and 2 MM status faster.

Why would you expect them to apply in this case? Buying Business/First fare for 2x PQM doesn't get you to MM status faster either; it just helps with your (re)qualification for the year. MM is for BiS-miles ...

username Mar 29, 2018 10:51 pm

I want OUT immediately.

With people approaching 2 million miles not knowing the rules for MM, they probably think we are really stupid :D

superEGO Mar 29, 2018 11:09 pm

Mine is Premium Cabin trip 2 times at $750+ for 21000 miles.

garkster Mar 29, 2018 11:09 pm

Even worse than most 4 x $400 by 5/13 = 12,000, er, no thanks.

Keep in mind, they are calling this a "game" -- "Important game details".

PaulInTheSky Mar 30, 2018 1:26 am

Originally Posted by venomtrilogy (Post 29574608)
This is my worst offer yet for one of these: 1 trip at $275 for 3,400 miles.

Actually the worst is nothing. Same old same old I got a bagel.

Xyzzy Mar 30, 2018 7:32 am

Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky (Post 29583121)

Actually the worst is nothing. Same old same old I got a bagel.

Lucky you -- I got the h:eek:le!

BOSskier Mar 30, 2018 11:31 am

Hello all, happy Friday! My apologies if this question has been asked and answered before (looked but didn't find it).

My offer is pretty good - but I already have a trip booked. The economics actually works out that it would be worth it to change my existing round trip ticket into a one way (and eat the change fee), and then purchase a separate return ticket to qualify for the promo. However, that would mean the return ticket would be purchased with a combo of ETC (I think) and "new" money.

Has anyone done this before? Just don't want to pay the change fee and have United disallow the promo miles because I used an ETC. Thanks!

jasonp622 Mar 30, 2018 11:42 am

no offer, as usual

MCLC Mar 30, 2018 11:53 am

I have to book and fly one $350 trip by May 13 and earn 14,000 miles, which is easy, and would have happened without the offer. I don't remember my last offer, but know it involved booking multiple premium fares - which couldn't happen in the time frame.

Denolloyd Mar 30, 2018 1:52 pm

My latest offer is 67,000 miles if I book and take two trips in a premium cabin by mid-May. Minimum airfare each of $900.

rmadisonwi Mar 30, 2018 1:54 pm

I want OUT immediately.

Can't tell if serious....but....ummm, the miles you fly will earn just as they always would (RDMs for n x fare; PQMs based on status). The bonus miles you get if you complete the challenge don't count.

Thought that was obvious.

Vulcan Mar 30, 2018 3:41 pm

Me-2 flights $250 minimum each for a whopping 2500 miles. My wife- ONE trip at a $225 minimum for 5,100 miles. Its amazing what the computer doing these spits out.