Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA copies DL again. This time no longer offers a disc rate to NRA annual meeting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA copies DL again. This time no longer offers a disc rate to NRA annual meeting

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM

United Airlines‏Verified account @united
Follow @united

United is notifying the NRA that we will no longer offer a discounted rate to their annual meeting and we are asking that the NRA remove our information from their website.

7:26 AM - 24 Feb 2018

BCH, seanp7, spin88 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/omni...tnerships.html
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is UA so conditioned to follow DL that they can’t just once lead instead of follow?
demkr, Kannai and AceReport like this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:49 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Not everyone has access to OMNI @:-)

Originally Posted by halls120

Is UA so conditioned to follow DL that they can’t just once lead instead of follow?
Methinks it was just timing, UA would have done this regardless. As I posted in OMNI (my first and likely last post there as I didn't even notice the link took me to OMNI), FINALLY a change I like. (well, snack box and one on us was a good touch for 1Ks, but my days as 1K are numbered )

PS: since we have a thread in OMNI, let's keep the OMNI replies there
Miggles likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Not everyone has access to OMNI @:-)
Didn't know that, thanks for the heads up!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
seriously? Why criticize? Bravo to UA for doing the right thing.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zrs70

nothing to do with right thing - just a copycat move fearing loss of $..
the right thing would be to speak up and make a stand alone after any of the countless such events in tbe past...
Kannai and AceReport like this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: united
Without in any way saying who is right or wrong, clearly the politics of this issue are dramatically shifting. It isn't just airlines. Many corporations are doing this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: 3 Month Delta Plat, UA PP 2.4mm, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Lifetime Diamond, National EE
While I am not a big fan of the NRA, you do realize that taking a stand like this also rubs a lot of paying customers the wrong way along with some manufacturers that support United in their travel policies. Business decisions based on politics are a double edged sword.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70
What United did was admirable. Why didn’t they do it first and not be placed in a position of once again doing with Delta did?

Originally Posted by dilanesp
Without in any way saying who is right or wrong, clearly the politics of this issue are dramatically shifting. It isn't just airlines. Many corporations are doing this.
exactly. I don’t know who is running United’s corporate communications, but they don’t seem to be especially agile and responsive to what is happening in the public domain.

Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Topic Reminder

This forum is about UA and " how to optimize the use of miles, points and status for the enhancement of your travel experiences ", greater social & political issues are best discussed in some other forum, such as OMNI/PR and it's Delta and United end NRA partnerships. Let's stay focus here on impacts on your UA travel experiences.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
AceReport likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 24, 2018 at 12:59 pm Reason: updated link
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito

United Airlines‏Verified account @united
Follow @united

United is notifying the NRA that we will no longer offer a discounted rate to their annual meeting and we are asking that the NRA remove our information from their website.

7:26 AM - 24 Feb 2018

My apologies, this is a tricky one for me. Is NRA - Non-Rev stuff, similar to NRSA?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
My apologies, this is a tricky one for me. Is NRA - Non-Rev stuff, similar to NRSA?
No, NRA in this case, is the National Rifle Association, a private membership organization (primarily USA) -- and active politically. For more, Google or consult Wikipedia.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
National Rifle Association.

Originally Posted by dilanesp
Many corporations are doing this.
And many are not. No matter which side you're on, you need to pay attention to all of them.

Originally Posted by c502cid
Business decisions based on politics are a double edged sword.
7.6 billion people in the world. 4 million NRA members. United did the math and made their decision.

And Delta followed Best Western, every car rental firm, and a whole spate of others. Why not rag on them?
Miggles and chavala like this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
Do people here really believe UA management rolled out of bed, saw DL’s tweet and said “we must do the same, ASAP!” without any other thought? That this hasn’t been in the works for days? There’s less than 2 hours between tweets.

I gave people here a lot more credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.