Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Help me book a Itin from ITA Matrix... please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me book a Itin from ITA Matrix... please.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:21 pm

Have you tried bookwithmatrix.com? Cut and paste you itinerary into the website and it will find the agent who is selling that fare (assuming the fare is valid).
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by milepig

This is a new one for me. I always thought of Unitedvacations as a rip-off. An you see what fare
class this is booking into and what the mile earnings are?
Here's a screenshot example of fare class (P) and bulk fare (which iirc means no PQDs but still PQMs? I haven't really kept up with the current state of bulk fare earnings on UA): https://i.imgur.com/GSWRUR7.png
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by eric.chen3742
Have you tried bookwithmatrix.com? Cut and paste you itinerary into the website and it will find the agent who is selling that fare (assuming the fare is valid).
Good idea, but it doesn't work.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Then again, there should be a reason why it is displaying this "private fare", while at the same time it's not displaying any others. Maybe the fare wasn't filed as private, by accident or on purpose.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Go to unitedvacations.com, look at more options to get a multi-destination vacation, do cos-ams on 3/7, stay 1 night, paris as next destination but do not need a car, nor flight, nor hotel, however many nights it is to get to the return on 3/15, additional flight options -> united business, select the flights in your screenshot (as UA coded, UA operated, not the LH code on UA metal), change the hotel and sort by price lowest->highest and I can get a price of $3,654.88 for your itinerary (actually, I messed up and selected 3 nights of hotel in AMS, so you can probably get it even cheaper by doing the 1 night hotel thing): https://i.imgur.com/OgK38fr.png
You might also need to enter the sale code of EURSALE1 or EURSALEMS1 (Vacation Packages Find Cheap Trips, Deals, Vacations & Plane Tickets from United Vacations)
Originally Posted by milepig

This is a new one for me. I always thought of Unitedvacations as a rip-off. Can you see what fare
class this is booking into and what the mile earnings are?
I tried Unitedvacations for an upcoming trip just out of curiosity - ORD-PPT. The result was a price that was higher than I could do via the UA website (after discounting the hotel part) and it was a bulk fare. This one failed.

Last edited by milepig; Mar 2, 2018 at 9:58 am
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Zeug

Need to get back to the EU for work. Was looking at business tickets for early March and found a good fare on ITA Matrix, but cant seem to replicate it on UA or LH. Similar fares are available on google/flights, but when they take me to UA, it triples in price. Do I need to us a third party booking service? If so, any recommendations and advice?
You can try booking a separate ticket to East Coast and fly from there (eg. SQ/LH/UA are often around ~2k). You'll end up spending less than the fare you found on ITA.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
You can try booking a separate ticket to East Coast and fly from there (eg. SQ/LH/UA are often around ~2k). You'll end up spending less than the fare you found on ITA.
Great advice. I have done this multiple times in the past, but unfortunately not a lot of savings for the dates I was looking at. I ended up buying an H fare and upgrading with GPUs. All's well that ends well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.